Any Football coaches here??

Intimidated by intense football threads? Don't be... learn about football, the Washington Redskins and more.
Hog

Postby Thundersloth » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:10 pm

I've coached at the High School level and I used to coach at George Mason University. I've never coached the little guys except for once when I worked Michael Strahan camp up in East Stroudsburg, PA. I congratulate on coaching especially the little guys.
If you're mad at your kid, you can either raise him to be a nose tackle or send him out to play on the freeway. It's about the same. ~Bob Golic

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:08 pm

I coach the little guys. 9-13 year olds. Very fun. Will be moving to High school in a couple years when I get out of the city.

I coach defense and we run Jack Reed's Air Gap. He's a genius. It's the old Oklahoma Defense that they used to win a national title way back when
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:31 am

chiefhog44 wrote:I coach the little guys. 9-13 year olds. Very fun. Will be moving to High school in a couple years when I get out of the city.

I coach defense and we run Jack Reed's Air Gap. He's a genius. It's the old Oklahoma Defense that they used to win a national title way back when

Yea, I had some success with it, but got beat in the playoffs we put up alot of points on O. Now I'm just helping a bit becuase I;m back in school to get a Sports Management Degree so I can become a AD/HC
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby Thundersloth » Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:00 am

DE, I've been a D-Coordinator and an O-Coordinator at Mason, so anytime you want to talk some X's and O's let me know, I love that. My friend actually paid a waitress at a restaurant $5 to take back the pen I borrowed from her to draw up plays.
If you're mad at your kid, you can either raise him to be a nose tackle or send him out to play on the freeway. It's about the same. ~Bob Golic

Postby 1wingFB » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:19 pm

Coach at the high school level and we run the single wing. Great to see all these teams going to the wildcat which is created from the single wing.

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:11 pm

1wingFB wrote:Coach at the high school level and we run the single wing. Great to see all these teams going to the wildcat which is created from the single wing.

I'm really interested in running the SW...Interesting that you run it at the HS level. Has it been sucessful??
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Postby 1wingFB » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:43 pm

We have won 3 state championships, the last in 05. We have also won many district and region titles. We run the traditional single wing with the tailback power series and the buck lateral series being the staple of our offense. We also have a half-spin series and have run some double wing with the full-spin. I love the single wing because you can get into so many mismatches and can use personel in so many different ways.

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:27 am

1wingFB wrote:We have won 3 state championships, the last in 05. We have also won many district and region titles. We run the traditional single wing with the tailback power series and the buck lateral series being the staple of our offense. We also have a half-spin series and have run some double wing with the full-spin. I love the single wing because you can get into so many mismatches and can use personel in so many different ways.

I was hoping you were that team...do you do clinics at all or speak at the glazer clinics??
Have you use any Pitsol with the SW...I can see how they may work together??

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:29 am

Thundersloth wrote:DE, I've been a D-Coordinator and an O-Coordinator at Mason, so anytime you want to talk some X's and O's let me know, I love that. My friend actually paid a waitress at a restaurant $5 to take back the pen I borrowed from her to draw up plays.

WOW you still involed??

Postby 1wingFB » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:25 am

I am not Coach Ragsdale he retired 2 years ago but he has talked at a couple of the national single wing clinics. We do not do any clinics but I would be glad to talk to you about the single wing sometime. I love to talk football any time.

Hog

Postby Thundersloth » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:44 pm

DEHog wrote:
Thundersloth wrote:DE, I've been a D-Coordinator and an O-Coordinator at Mason, so anytime you want to talk some X's and O's let me know, I love that. My friend actually paid a waitress at a restaurant $5 to take back the pen I borrowed from her to draw up plays.

WOW you still involed??

Not involved anymore. I got frustrated with the way the University treated the program. It's a club program that didn't play many other club teams. In fact, we played Wesley College a bunch of times. A friend of mine, Tom Smith was coaching there, not sure if he still coaches there or not.

Mason is in the CAA which Delaware is a part of, and they are going to add 2 new teams in the next 2 years, Old Dominion and Georgia State. Ga. State is one of the few other club teams we played and now they are going NCAA and joining the CAA in 2012.

I really do miss coaching. I might look into jobs at Catholic or Gallaudet. Maybe look at a high school job.

Hog

Postby Thundersloth » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:47 pm

1wingFB wrote:I am not Coach Ragsdale he retired 2 years ago but he has talked at a couple of the national single wing clinics. We do not do any clinics but I would be glad to talk to you about the single wing sometime. I love to talk football any time.

Is that coach Ragsdale from Giles County? I used to coach for Norm Lineburg at Radford High School. We always had a tough time running single wing plays in practice the week before playing Giles.

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:59 pm

Thundersloth wrote:
DEHog wrote:

WOW you still involed??

Not involved anymore. I got frustrated with the way the University treated the program. It's a club program that didn't play many other club teams. In fact, we played Wesley College a bunch of times. A friend of mine, Tom Smith was coaching there, not sure if he still coaches there or not.

Mason is in the CAA which Delaware is a part of, and they are going to add 2 new teams in the next 2 years, Old Dominion and Georgia State. Ga. State is one of the few other club teams we played and now they are going NCAA and joining the CAA in 2012.

I really do miss coaching. I might look into jobs at Catholic or Gallaudet. Maybe look at a high school job.

Interesting..we have to great programs here in Wesley and Delaware. Not sure in Smith is still there...I know the OC and the Pass game coach...trying to get a internship with them or Del State...Coach Lavan goes to my church and he's been great to our PW kids in getting them to games and letting them hang out on the field with the players after the game.

Postby 1wingFB » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:56 pm

Yes Coach Ragsdale is from Giles. I played for him and coached under him until he retired 2 years ago. I am still at Giles and we still do everything exactly as he did, why change anything that a legend was doing. We have had some battles with Radford over the years and I am sure you were involved. Looks like another one coming up the finish this year. Coach Linenburg is a class act guy also, I have alot of respect for him and his program. I have always wondered what it would be like to see another team trying to prepare for the single wing in practice. I know how our kids struggle trying to run an offense with a QB. It is not pretty.

Hog

Postby Thundersloth » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:13 pm

DE, you keep it up, the only thing better than prowling the sidelines as a coach is being able to prowl the sidelines as a player. Like I said, any time you want to talk X's and O's let me know.

Return to Football 101