Any Football coaches here??

Intimidated by intense football threads? Don't be... learn about football, the Washington Redskins and more.
Hog

Postby Thundersloth » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:22 pm

1wingFB wrote:Yes Coach Ragsdale is from Giles. I played for him and coached under him until he retired 2 years ago. I am still at Giles and we still do everything exactly as he did, why change anything that a legend was doing. We have had some battles with Radford over the years and I am sure you were involved. Looks like another one coming up the finish this year. Coach Linenburg is a class act guy also, I have alot of respect for him and his program. I have always wondered what it would be like to see another team trying to prepare for the single wing in practice. I know how our kids struggle trying to run an offense with a QB. It is not pretty.

Coach Lineburg is definitely a class act. I learned so much about coaching from him, Buddy Shull, Tony DeHart and the coaches that were there with me in the early 90's. I always respected coach Ragsdale and his staff. Giles was always well prepared and well coached team. I wish you luck against Radford, but I'll be pulling for the Bobcats to win that game :D
If you're mad at your kid, you can either raise him to be a nose tackle or send him out to play on the freeway. It's about the same. ~Bob Golic

Postby 1wingFB » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:54 pm

We have Radford Friday night for the district title and the #1 seed in the playoffs. What a series this has been over the years. Others have come and gone over the years but these 2 programs have remained. Classic rivalry with two very well ran programs.

Hog

Postby Thundersloth » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:45 pm

1wingFB wrote:We have Radford Friday night for the district title and the #1 seed in the playoffs. What a series this has been over the years. Others have come and gone over the years but these 2 programs have remained. Classic rivalry with two very well ran programs.

Who won?
If you're mad at your kid, you can either raise him to be a nose tackle or send him out to play on the freeway. It's about the same. ~Bob Golic

Postby 1wingFB » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:00 pm

Radford won 23 to 19. Great ball game both teams left it on the field. We were up 13 to 3 at the half but to many mistakes in the 2nd half. Radford has several great athletes this year and we got out of position. We have to go back over there Friday for the first round of the playoffs. Should be another great one to add to the rivalry.

Hog

Postby Thundersloth » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:10 pm

1wingFB wrote:Radford won 23 to 19. Great ball game both teams left it on the field. We were up 13 to 3 at the half but to many mistakes in the 2nd half. Radford has several great athletes this year and we got out of position. We have to go back over there Friday for the first round of the playoffs. Should be another great one to add to the rivalry.

Sounds like it was a good game, sorry that Giles lost. I'm guessing Matthew Saunders it the Radford head coach now right?

Postby 1wingFB » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:57 pm

Yes Matthew is the new head coach. I was telling Greg Canaday that I had spoken with someone from Radford on here and he was wondering who it would be. He is a principal over here at an elementary school. Radford beat us 14 to 8 the second game(2 great games). They beat Wythe 33 to 28 on Friday and now go to Fort Chiswell for the Region Championship on Friday. I feel like they will win and I will be there to support the TRD as hard as that is for me. HaHa. They are very athletic this year and are solid up front.

Return to Football 101