bad craw in my stomach-the cure a W against the ho's(dallas)

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piglet

bad craw in my stomach-the cure a W against the ho's(dallas)

Postby totalpackage » Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:13 pm

It's like a sickness that won't go away-the real die hards know what I am talking about, we just ended the long miserable steak to dallas last year.Now the ho's have a little something going and all the creepers and ba-hoota's (cowboy fans) and breaking out thier hats and all that other gay cowboy crap. We skin fans have to hear about it here in texas. what better way to damper the ho's spirits & get some respect back than to get a w and see Jerry pace the sidelines and raise the mackrals blood pressure. If tampa can take care of business and we show up and get a W. We can put the bs of the last month behind and be back in the race
Real Puke Hater

Postby Guest » Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:00 pm

I feel the same way. It is a chore being a Skins fan in Dallas right now. People are constantly giving me crap, but I wear my burgundy and gold proudly. I'll be at the game talking smack and pissing off everyone in earshot like I do every year. It would be nice to walk out of there a winner again. It's been a lot of years since we won in Dallas.

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Fri Oct 24, 2003 7:58 am

Hang tough Skins fans in Dallas, and keep harrassing them. It gives us other fans encouragement to know someone is out there at least talking smack to these guys.

I have a feeling the Skins are going to turn things around in Dallas and Dallas may be headed in the other direction.

Remember - it's not how you start - but how you finish!
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Fri Oct 24, 2003 9:14 am

speek wrote:I have a feeling the Skins are going to turn things around in Dallas and Dallas may be headed in the other direction.

Remember - it's not how you start - but how you finish!

Let's face it... can we really go anywhere but up after last week's performance?

I agree that it's how you finish though, and while a daunting prospect indeed, this team still has a viable shot at a playoff game.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

----

Postby HitDoctor » Fri Oct 24, 2003 10:05 am

:cry: A college roommate of mine was the most pessimistic person I have known, even to this day. So, I will use the words that made him famous. WE'LL NEVER MAKE IT!!!!
Maybe if I don't pay attention, they will sneak up on the division. With Spurrier saying he will get back to what made him famous, have the ambulance running for p-ram. I HOPE that I'm wrong!
it is what it is

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:53 am

After last Sunday I was questioning my loyalty to the Skins after 30 someodd years....and why I purchased the Sunday Ticket to watch these guys quit....that sucked.

If they do it against the pukes and don't at least show some serious fire and effort, I will give up on them until major changes are made at the coaching and player levels.

The Texans are my AFC team and they have shown more class, effort and heart in recent weeks, regardless of their expansion status and losing.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Fri Oct 24, 2003 12:48 pm

If they do it against the pukes and don't at least show some serious fire and effort, I will give up on them until major changes are made at the coaching and player levels.

Now come on brother TH... aren't you then guilty of the same thing that we're accusing the players of... giving up.

Perhaps the toughest and most trying thing about being a DIE HARD fan is seeing your way around the shortcomings, and loving the franchise as a whole... not in parts.

I love the Redskins... but there are many elements right now that I can't stand. It's only because of my 'fanatacism' that I'm able to see past the offending entities and continue to bleed burgundy and gold.

And let's face it... if the team can't depend on management or staff to stand behind them no matter what... then they need us fans even more.

Ever heard the phrase... *sh$t* stinks from the head on down. UNTIL THIS FRANCHISE HAS A FOOTBALL PERSON RUNNING IT... there will be lots about our beloved team that rubs us the wrong way. The meddling tendencies of DS are not only belittling the team, they're belittling our storied franchise.

I'll be damned if I'll let aything get in the way of me and my football team... not even a spolied owner that treats the team like a toy or 10+ years of futility can change that.

Until we can get 85,000 people standing outside FedEx refusing to take their seats before they'll put up with management's BS any longer... nothing's going to change. As long as the stands are full and the owner's cup runneth over, we're just going to be left wondering where the tradition went.

Maybe if I start a 'I wanna buy the Washington Redskins football team' campaign and ask everyone to send me a dollar... maybe I can get a quick BILLION responses.

Hog

Postby woohit56 » Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:24 pm

Texas Hog wrote:I will give up on them until major changes are made at the coaching and player levels.

The Texans are my AFC team and they have shown more class, effort and heart in recent weeks, regardless of their expansion status and losing.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:54 pm

you're right....I was just talking temporarily...and venting, but damn am I fustrated....it's been too long and there's been too much of this same ole sh*t! :(
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:29 pm

We can blame Snyder all we want, but in reality this team hasn't been the same since we won our last superbowl. The Cooke's had just as long a bad record before Snyder as Snyder has had since he bought the team.

We have just plain sucked over the last 11 years. I will say that the offense is more imaginative than before and if Spurrier can get more imaginative than running 4 and 5 wr packages, and they get a DC that will be more like Rhodes, it won't change. I love Snyder and his I want to fix the team mentality. I hated John Cooke and his sit on his thumbs mentality. Snyder got players that Spurrier wanted and now we have to see what they can do with them. I still blame a large portion on the DC. While the offense is self destructing, that doesn't make it easy for an opponent to move down the field in the first couple of drives when the players are fresh.

still shakin my head
Rich in Roanoke

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Fri Oct 24, 2003 5:02 pm

Snyder got players that Spurrier wanted and now we have to see what they can do with them

:shock:

Well where is a GM in all of this? ... you know, the guy responsible for building the team... the guy who makes sure that the coach doesn't do anything stupid like get players for an offense and ignore the defense, the same guy who makes sure that you never go into 3 DRAFTS IN A ROW with the exact same needs.

We don't have one.

It shouldn't be a coach or an owner deciding what personnel is brought in... ever. The coach lacks the business knowledge, the owner lacks the football knowledge.

IMO, in Snyder's tenure we have become nothing more than a laughing stock.

Success or not, at least with the Squire there was class and dignity to bleeding burgundy and gold.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Oct 24, 2003 5:07 pm

And with the Squire's son, we would still have middlin' Norv not to mention no money to do ANYTHING and ruling by committee.

I agree that Snyder has made bajillions of mistakes, but I don't feel like he made us a laughingstock - just continued the fine tradition of John Cooke's. Not Jack, John.
Rich in Roanoke

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Fri Oct 24, 2003 5:15 pm

I agree that Snyder has made bajillions of mistakes, but I don't feel like he made us a laughingstock

Ask ANY non Redskin fan.

... and as for John... let's be fair... he was making the decisions when his dad was still alive too. The norv situation was ugly, I totally agree. John proved that he couldn't be the up-front guy.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Oct 24, 2003 5:19 pm

I liked John - nicer than most people - I just disagreed with his management style.

Dan is young dumb and full of.... well you get the idea. He is learning more though. I think that we have some pieces in place if we can get a better d coordinator in there.

Notice that when our d is on the field, there are very few big plays unless you count the opponents. There is no fire - even when they first come out on the field. Not like Ray Rhodes' defense - when he didn't have the same talent level. They MADE things happen.

I think, barring maybe the D line - there are things in place to be one of the top five defenses... just that it seems like the players have lost confidence in the plan.
Rich in Roanoke

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Fri Oct 24, 2003 5:32 pm

To dismiss it as merely a loss of confidence by the defense is understating things IMO.

We need safety help... maybe even still 2 as Bowen is just not producing anything at the moment.

We need major d-line help... inside and out.

Armstead's nearly done.

Teams are starting to realize that exploiting Lavar's tendency to overpursue both nullifies his effectiveness and intensifies his propensity to make stupid mistakes.

We have no CB depth either. Bauman and Jimoh? And that's when Smoot goes out, what would we do if both FS and Champ went out? Both the Giants and Eagles had BOTH Db's out and had back-ups that could play. We can barely field a nickel defense if one of our secondary is out.

Oh and did I mention that our defensive co-ordinator is 'learning as he goes'.

IMO, that's more than just confidence.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football