Sam Bradford

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.

If Shannahan wants him, are you ok with it?

Yes
56%
No
44%

Total votes : 25
ATX

Sam Bradford

Postby ATX_Skins » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:51 am

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -bradford/

You can read into this however you want but bottom line is we don't even have Shannahan yet. Just thought I'd share the link.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:04 am

I suppose I will start. This move would be a huge mistake, If anything I would like to draft Pike if we just HAVE to take a QB. Im not opposed with a QB in the first round as long as almost every round after we address the o-line and spots on D.

piggie

Postby so.il.SKINSFAN » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:06 am

Bradford is the next Chad Pennington in my opinion.

cleg

Postby cleg » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:05 am

I don't pretend to know much about which college QB's make good pro's but I don't think I like this idea.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:07 am

ATX_Skins wrote:I suppose I will start. This move would be a huge mistake, If anything I would like to draft Pike if we just HAVE to take a QB. Im not opposed with a QB in the first round as long as almost every round after we address the o-line and spots on D.

so let me understand this - IF Shanahan is the HC and if he and the rest of the new FO group decide that Bradford is going to be the best pick of the draft for this franchise, in your opinion that "would be a huge mistake" - I think I'd trust the guys in charge to know a little more and in my opinion they are going to be incredibly aware of how important the offensive line and other issues with this franchise are to their future

sorry, but if the new guys in the FO want to keep running things here and keeping Snyder away from meddling with this franchise again they will not be making any bad choices with that first pick and they get my vote no matter who they pick
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:41 am

What do I know. I don't know what they are looking for. Some of us think we know, but we don't know.

As stated in this article, he's not going to be ready to play next year so using a first round pick on a QB who isn't going to play isn't a luxury we can afford. I think we are positioning for other players.

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:09 am

SkinsJock wrote:
ATX_Skins wrote:I suppose I will start. This move would be a huge mistake, If anything I would like to draft Pike if we just HAVE to take a QB. Im not opposed with a QB in the first round as long as almost every round after we address the o-line and spots on D.

so let me understand this - IF Shanahan is the HC and if he and the rest of the new FO group decide that Bradford is going to be the best pick of the draft for this franchise, in your opinion that "would be a huge mistake" - I think I'd trust the guys in charge to know a little more and in my opinion they are going to be incredibly aware of how important the offensive line and other issues with this franchise are to their future

sorry, but if the new guys in the FO want to keep running things here and keeping Snyder away from meddling with this franchise again they will not be making any bad choices with that first pick and they get my vote no matter who they pick

You understand well. I think Pike makes a better pro QB. We go through coaches like a confused high school slut. What makes you think Shanahan will be here in 4-5 years, thats why I think Pike is the better choice. Plain and simple.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:11 am

The Redskins could draft Peyton Manning Jr. in April. Its pointless if they don't get some quality players on the offensive line.

All I know about Sam Bradford is that he's a junior who played like two games this season, Mel Kiper likes him, and he's been hurt twice badly this year. Anybody really prepared to throw your first round pick at that?

As much as Vinny sucked, at least Orakpo was a solid and safe pick. We really can't afford any busts.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:18 am

That's my point with the draft. You've got to take someone who #1 fills a need and #2 is a lock to be a starter day 1.

I don't think you have to get a franchise QB if he's available. Because every year there is speculation that the QB's are franchise guys but it's usually the other way around - flukes or just plain serviceable.

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:22 am

Clausen is the only QB I would draft in the top 5. If he's not there get Okung or Berry. If they're both off the board, trade down and get more picks....this is a deep draft.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:33 am

In order to believe the article, you must also believe that Shanahan has been running this team since February of '09.

Whatever. :roll:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:46 am

frankcal20 wrote:That's my point with the draft. You've got to take someone who #1 fills a need and #2 is a lock to be a starter day 1.

I don't think you have to get a franchise QB if he's available. Because every year there is speculation that the QB's are franchise guys but it's usually the other way around - flukes or just plain serviceable.

Totally agree. I think if we were in a little better position you could roll the dice and go for a franchise QB. But personally I'd rather get some help on the o-line if possible and go with Campbell or a half decent free agent guy for a year.

It would just suck to spend a high pick on the next big franchise QB and bring home Jamarcus Russell.

I kind of agree about Jimmy Clausen though. The thing I like about him is that he's been pretty good without being on an especially great team. That's the kind of guy we need for sure.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:27 pm

I'm not worried about who these guys pick - in many cases the reason a player does not live up to expectations can be explained by how the player was prepared and coached - I have faith that the FO is going to have a plan and will be able to bring in both free agents and draft picks to give the coaching staff the players they need to get the job done

like I said - IF that player is a QB or a kicker, I could care less - most here are not going to like who we pick up as a free agent or as a draft pick based on what has happened in the past, both here and with other teams - I'm looking for these guys to change the way that things have been done here in the past and turn this franchise around and get it done NOW

this is a great opportunity for Snyder to look like a genius if he brings in a great FO staff who make the correct choices for HC and the assistants - we will then have a great situation of NFL guys making decisions and supported by a wealthy owner with an uncapped year in front of us - this is all good in my book
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:10 pm

Countertrey wrote:In order to believe the article, you must also believe that Shanahan has been running this team since February of '09.

Whatever. :roll:

Who knows if it's true but that article isnt the only one saying that. Chris Mortensen has said that Shanahan has been involved in some capacity for months on 980 a few days ago they reported that Shanahan is already working on putting his staff in place.
Suck and Luck

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:11 pm

You've got to take someone who #1 fills a need and #2 is a lock to be a starter day 1.

Why?
Suck and Luck

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010