Sam Bradford

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.

If Shannahan wants him, are you ok with it?

Yes
56%
No
44%

Total votes : 25
the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:44 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
Countertrey wrote:In order to believe the article, you must also believe that Shanahan has been running this team since February of '09.

Whatever. :roll:

Who knows if it's true but that article isnt the only one saying that. Chris Mortensen has said that Shanahan has been involved in some capacity for months on 980 a few days ago they reported that Shanahan is already working on putting his staff in place.

And Chris Mortensen probably also thinks that the moon landings were staged.

I won't be surprized to find that there is already a deal in place... but that's a far cry from dictating player moves in February of '09...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:12 pm

Maybe Shanny was consulted regarding Cutler ... and that consultation just extended and developed?

Can you not see that as a possibility? We had a bingo caller brought in to call plays ... after that, ANYTHING is possible.

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:12 pm

Personally, I'm a bit biased ... and would prefer the Redskins to pick McCoy. The kid is a winner ... he's extremely accurate ... durable .. and very mobile.

This idea that he's two small at 6' 3" is nonsense IMHO. And though he doesn't possess a rocket arm, I'll take accuracy and intelligence over raw strength any day.

Some say he might slip to the late 1st round or even 2nd, and the Skins could swing a deal with their high pick and get two later picks in the 1st round.

I'm far from knowledgeable in the college ranks, but living in Austin, you can't help but see a lot of Longhorn football.

The thing that most impresses me about him is that he had some big shoes to fill here, following Vince Young, and he's done a great job.

He's a smart kid, with some leadership skills, and it ain't easy to be a starter in Austin as a freshman, much less do as well as he did. He had a drop off the following year, but bounced back strong. Of course, his stock could skyrocket or drop like a led balloon depending on what he does against Alabama ... NFL pundits have short memories and are rather fickle.

I don't think he's near a rookie starter, but with a Shannahan type of WC offense installed, he could develop quickly because of his intelligence and accuracy .. the two most important qualities for a WC QB. And with his mobility, he could be an asset as the Redskins retool the 0-line.

He may not be viewed as the prototypical ideal NFL QB, but I think he's got a lot of potential that is being overlooked by the never wrong experts.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:57 pm

One thing for sure, we'll know if Snyder is still involved with things here we'll know because if we pick Bradford it will be Snyder's choice :)
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:49 pm

SkinsJock wrote:One thing for sure, we'll know if Snyder is still involved with things here we'll know because if we pick Bradford it will be Snyder's choice :)

How do we know that? I mean, is it absolutely inconceivable to think that Shanahan will want to pick his own QB to groom?

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:03 pm

I think it stands to reason that Shanahan be given the opportunity to groom a star rookie QB.
HAIL

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:48 am

With the sickening offensive line, I don't even think Shanahan will pick a QB with our 4th overall pick unless he's already got things lined up with big Danny moneybags to buy an offensive line.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:11 am

VetSkinsFan wrote:With the sickening offensive line, I don't even think Shanahan will pick a QB with our 4th overall pick unless he's already got things lined up with big Danny moneybags to buy an offensive line.

B-I-N-G-O ! I agree completely, they will buy a new offensive line and maybe later on grab a QB.. muuuuch later. Most likely I'm thinking they'll keep JC & CB at least for one more year. Hey, at least we know JC can take hits behind garbage O-Lines.
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:17 am

I agree Vet - I think we are better off re-building this franchise and trying to get as many quality young players in here as quickly as possible - that, coupled with some free agents would give us a better chance IMO to become a team again :D

Bradford or one of the other 'can't miss', 'flashy', QBs is just another Snyder type move to bring in the glitz at the expense of building a team - I would love to have a Peyton Manning but I think we're better off concentrating on building a team than hoping to get a future HOF QB - whose to say we couldn't find that HOF QB and still build our offensive line

It looks very much like Shanahan is coming in here and I think he aught to evaluate Campbell and see if he can be comfortable with him for a year, maybe bring in a free agent - we need to find a way to get an offense that can score some points here - just adding a QB is limiting the chances to me

I'm just hoping that Snyder brought in Allen and (it looks like he was also planning on) Shanahan to manage this team - I understand that Snyder will have some involvement but I certainly hope that is minimal if at all

Snyder has tried to "buy" success and he has indicated recently that he knows that will not work - we need him to step aside and let these guys manage this team

let it go Snyder - you cannot make things better here - you are a disaster looking for a place to happen
The Redskins need to change to improve - we need a better GM and we need to do a better job of who we bring in to coach and play here - players and coaches need to be held accountable when they do not do their jobs well

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010