Caps Today - Big Wins All Around

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
The Punisher

Caps Today - Big Wins All Around

Postby Bob 0119 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:23 am

A night to remember – The scenes that played out last night for the Washington Capitals organization don’t happen very often – if ever. First, two-time MVP Alex Ovechkin was named the 14th captain in team history. The Caps then snapped a three-game losing streak with a 4-2 home trouncing of Montreal . The successful night for the organization was capped when prized prospect John Carlson scored the overtime winner in the gold medal game of the World Junior Championship in Saskatoon , Sask. , leading the U.S. to a thrilling win against Canada .
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:54 am

The successful night for the organization was capped when prized prospect John Carlson scored the overtime winner in the gold medal game of the World Junior Championship in Saskatoon , Sask. , leading the U.S. to a thrilling win against Canada .

Man, I forgot that was last night! way to go John!!!!!!!!! Nice win for the Caps last night. It's weird seeing Ovie with the C on the sweater. I did not like the Clark trade at first, but this guy Chimera seems like just the kind of player we need for the playoff run.
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:13 pm

Here are post game videos from last night, including a front row view from Ovi's presser. I apologize for the delay but nevertheless, it's here now. Enjoy!

http://www.thehogs.net/blogs/2010/01/07 ... 1-05-2010/
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

Return to Washington Sports Teams