4th pick in 2010

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.

Who should the Redskins pick 4th in the draft?

Sam Bradford
6%
Eric Berry
4%
C.J. Spiller
9%
Russell Okung
81%

Total votes : 47
piglet

4th pick in 2010

Postby northcarolinaredskin » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:30 pm

Our team has the 4th overral pick in the upcoming draft. just wanted to see who everyone wants in a skins jersey in 2010. I would love to see Berry drop to number 4 but I doubt that will happen.

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:34 pm

He very well may drop but it's not a priority need right now. That's a position we can shore up in FA b/c we have young guys who are improving and we've seen that throughout the season.

Spiller is very intriguing to me but again, luxury we can't afford. But I love that guy.

piglet

Postby northcarolinaredskin » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:40 pm

I would rather have Berry over Smoot or Rogers right now. Our corners are the worst tackling corners in the nfc east so I think that Berry would have a huge impact. Okung would also be a wise pick because Heyer is a joke.

Also I think it would be a huge mistake to take Bradford. I believe that Cambell is a good quarterback who has been plagued throughout his career with poor offensive lines and too many systems for him to handle. He could excel for Shanahan and I hope that they will decide to keep him and go with someone besides Bradford.

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:45 pm

I too like JC and think that after this season, he should get another one.

Okung will be a LT not RT. He's projected to be a major impact right away. Instant starter in a major area of need. Make the pick.

cleg

Postby cleg » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:46 pm

Rogers cannot be on this team next year.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:50 pm

I agree. I don't like his attitude more than I don't like his game play. I don't think he's as bad as he's played but his piss poor attitude and being so lackidazical (spelling???) just ticks me off. He's like "I do my best." No you don't b/c we've seen better in years past. So don't give me that.

piglet

Postby northcarolinaredskin » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:57 pm

I'm glad I have finally talked to someone who sees eye to eye with me on Campbell. Also I would be very happy if we went with Okung but I just think that Eric Berry is just about the best defensive player in the draft counting out Suh.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:02 pm

I think Hall has been a letdown too. But I still don't think its a lock that we have to get rid of guys like Hall or Landry or whomever. If Shanahan thinks he can get more out of them, then that is what should be the deciding factor on whether they stay.

I know everybody just wants to blow up the team, but the less we HAVE to do that, the faster we can rebuild. Especially with those young guys who were high draft picks.

As far as our #4, I would vote for the best olineman on the board. If that's Okung so be it.

I'm a little wary of Bradford because of the injuries this year. But if he doesn't have to play as a rookie, it would be cool to have Mike Shanahan grooming our QB of the future.

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:08 pm

Personally, I know I tend to see the Silver Lining too often with this team and JC but I think it's a good way to live life.

I think that if Mike Shanahan comes in and takes Campbell under his wing and guides him correctly, I think we've only tapped his potential. But that's just my opinion.

Hog

Postby everydayAskinsday » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:16 pm

Why would we draft ANOTHER safety in the top 10? Just dont see it happening no matter how good the player.. Also highly doubt that Shanahan would use the #4 pick on a running back given his history of getting production out of much less heralded running backs...

Im hoping we address the OLine with this pick but also understand Im not the GM or Coach so they will do what they feel is best.. just hoping they agree with me My 2 cents

Hog

Postby aswas71788 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:28 pm

You should have included the top Oline guy in your seletcion. I would hope he is who the Redskhns take rather than anyone on your list.

Hog

Postby Hog Heaven » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:28 pm

I don't think Campbell will ever be a top flight QB, but he's serviceable. I just don't think he's smart enough to correctly and quickly read opposing defenses. As such, I would love us to get Bradford, but only if we benched him until we fixed our O-line. Playing behind the line we currently have would just cause any rookie QB to turn out like Ramsey or Carr... a sad waste of talent due to shell shock. If we could get Bradford and sit him behind Campbell for a season, I'd be ecstatic. Sadly I don't trust the skins to leave a new toy on the bench for any length of time, so I think they'd just ruin Bradford's potential and thus waste the pick. As such, I voted for Okung.
Romans 1:11 "For I wish that I myself were cut off from Christ for the sake of my brothers..." Paul

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:30 pm

OK, repeat after me ...

... ready? ...

OL, OL, OL, OL, OL, OL, OL, OL, ...

again ...

OL, OL, OL, OL,

Get it Danny, Bruce and Mike, no fantasy. Just solid picks please. :wink:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

cleg

Postby cleg » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:36 pm

I have no great football knowledge but I don't want Bradford, McCoy, Clausen or Tebow. If we draft a QB I would prefer if I never heard of him before.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

-----------

Postby Smithian » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:38 pm

Eric Berry won't fall or we have to draft him. Him and Landry/Horton could be best safety combo in the NFL. Never can go wrong with defense.

Please God no Bradford.

Russell Okung would be a good pick, but he is not your traditional War Daddy offensive lineman in the top 5. He's the best of a bad bunch of lineman in this draft.

Give me CJ Spiller. We need a franchise RB who is explosive. Denver was never quite the same after they traded Portis. Sure, they ran the ball, but never with the same authority and I am sure Shanny realizes the difference between an elite RB and a not so great one. CJ Spiller may be Chris Johnson light.
"I said when he retired that Joe Gibbs was the best coach I'd ever faced." - Bill Parcells

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010