Trade Up For SUH

Want to play GM? Think the Redskins should sign a free agent or trade for someone? Speculation / rumors / trade possibilities / fantasy football / mock drafts - Do it here!
G4L

Trade Up For SUH

Postby Gibbs4Life » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:09 am

Trade with the Rams for No.1 throw in Cooley and no.4, draft SUH.

Pair SUH with HAYNESWORTH and ORAKPO and CARTER and FLETCH

Bruce Allen just doing what he feels is right and building that DEFENSE
HAIL

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:13 am

No thanks.

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:19 am

Yeah nevermind, I just watched Oklahoma block the heck out of him
And Bradford tossing touchdowns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXGqMQBI ... re=related
HAIL

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:40 am

Was this before or after the wind blew and Bradford's should slipped out of socket.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:32 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Was this before or after the wind blew and Bradford's shoulder slipped out of socket.

ROTFALMAO not bad Frank - the shame of it is that Bradford can at least throw the ball beyond the line of scrimmage with either arm :lol:

as far as Suh is concerned - why do we need to make the defense a priority? We need an offense that can score some points - we need to be able to have an offensive line that can both run the ball and give the QB at least some time to pass the ball whenever we have to
RG3 needs to learn how to play QB in the NFL so he can take advantage of the weapons he has

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "the things we’re doing are things he’s comfortable with & complement his strengths"

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:01 pm

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO ....

For Pete's sake, man...we neglected the o line last year and look what happened...get real.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:15 pm

You guys really do have a drug problem in the States! Can we please, for one tiny moment, concede that it would be sensible to address one of our many needs during the off season?!
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:23 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Was this before or after the wind blew and Bradford's should slipped out of socket.

:lol: i hear frank and i,ll go with trading down for OL help

no thanks here as well.
Thanks for 10 years .
HTTR

Another Year Full Of Redskins Drama
"As The World Turns"

piglet

Postby Tuck28 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:00 pm

Defense wins Championships, that for certain. But I would not go this route in order to get help on the offensive side of the ball. Mainly O-Line.

Hog

Re: Trade Up For SUH

Postby BeeGee » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:03 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:Trade with the Rams for No.1 throw in Cooley and no.4, draft SUH.

Pair SUH with HAYNESWORTH and ORAKPO and CARTER and FLETCH

Bruce Allen just doing what he feels is right and building that DEFENSE
Insane. Trade your one good receiver and neglect the offensive line for the defensive line with Haynesworth already there? With this class coming out, Skins would be crazy not to go OL. If they did go D, it should be for safety (Berry-Tenn or Mays-USC), but it all starts in the trenches, man.
Cowboys 7- Redskins 6 (All we needed was 2 minutes of the 60)
Cowboys 17 - Redskins 0 (Way to NOT show up for the 100th anniversary)
----- TWO EASY -----

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:23 pm

If you listen to others on this board you'll hear...

Draft Spiller -- NO thanks, he may not be an every down back.
Draft Berry -- NO thanks, we can't spend another top pick on a db.
Draft Suh -- NO thanks, we have a very capable D-line already
Draft a QB -- NO thanks, the poor rookie would be dead by the 8th game.

We must (and will, I believe) pick Olineman...and a number of them. My hope is, Danny doesn't open up his wallet in FA to sign a bunch of aging vets to play OLine so he can pick someone like Spiller, Berry, Clausen or Bradford, etc... I know Snyder, he loves picking players that sell jerseys.

We need young Olineman from the draft. I'm not sure how many of our current Olineman are even good enough to make a NFL roster. It might be necessary for us to find 6 OR MAYBE MORE O-linemen. It's so scary that Vinnie could let our Oline get so bad, so old, so horrible (forgive me for going on), so embarrassing!! IMO, every year you need to find one lineman that is a starting caliber player on either defense or offense and another player that can play in the future on the other line. Oline and Dline represent 9 of 22 starters -- and very important starters! They also represent 9 of your 26 reserves. Vinnie needs to be de-balled for picking DBs and WRs every year...little guys are nice, but your big guys win NFL games.

Hog

Postby Manchester_Redskin » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:43 pm

wow, hasnt taken long for people to forget that we are getting the number 4 pick because our OL sucks.

Having said that, its the sort of thing synder would do :(

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Sat Jan 09, 2010 3:52 am

I could live with us drafting Suh at no. 4. No way do we trade up for Suh though. We already have no third round pick this year.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby fredp45 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:34 am

No disrespect to Suh but why would we draft him?

Let's do a quick and very dirty 1-10 rating for our players:

DT's (Suh's position):
Haynesworth = 9-10 when healthy and on the field
Griffin = 6 when healthy and on field
Montgomery, Alexander & Gholstin = 4-5

Oline:
Rabach = 4 (he may end up being the only returning starter)
Dockery = 3-4 (not sure he fits the Shanahan OLine mold)
All the rest = 1!!! (we may have 1 or 2 other guys that even make our team as backups next year.) I'm not trying to be funny or exaggerate here either. If anyone believes I'm off base with this, please tell me which Olineman you'd rate above a 1?

Nothing against Suh, we would have a stud DLine, probably the best in the NFL and of course, he'd upgrade us to a 7 (initially), probably 8-9 later, but that increase ain't worth it -- we need to increase our "1's" across our "undrafted free agent" oline.

Let the "draft Suh" talk end!

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:03 am

VetSkinsFan wrote:NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO ....

For Pete's sake, man...we neglected the o line last year and look what happened...get real.

Right let neglect it again and give up some picks while doing so :roll:
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Return to General Manager's Office