NFL Rumors - October 23rd

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
piglet

NFL Rumors - October 23rd

Postby PSD » Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:48 pm

Owner's actions undermining Spurrier
Steve Spurrier may be losing the respect of his players. The New York Times' Thomas George reports that several of the Redskins believe that the team cut a player without informing Spurrier. Afterwards, one Redskin said that Spurrier "starts sentences off with, `If it's O.K. with the owner, I'm going to . . . ' do this and that before he talks about his actions".

Bengals' Dillon feeling under-appreciated
Does Corey Dillon want out of Cincinnati? The Cincinnati Post's Kevin Goheen reports that Dillon feels that he is being under-appreciated in Cincinnati and that he hopes to play somewhere next season where he will get his due.

Griese could get start for Dolphins
The Miami Herald's Armando Salguero reports that Dave Wannstedt is another coach who will wait until the last minute before naming his starting QB. Either Jay Fiedler or Brian Griese will get the ball.

Couch headed back to bench?
The Browns still haven't decided if they will start Kelly Holcomb or Tim Couch on Sunday. The Cleveland Plain Dealer's Tony Grossi reports that Butch Davis will wait until noon on Sunday before he announces who his starting QB will be.

Teams hoping to recruit Williams
The Rochester Democrat and Chronicle's Scott Pitoniak reports that several teams are interested in former Raiders tight end Roland Williams. The Bills, Buccaneers and Broncos have all brought Williams in for a recruiting visit.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Fri Oct 24, 2003 11:42 am

DS needs to help his coach out here and put an end to the rumors and tell the players that SS has control over player moves...even if he really doesn't

or....SS needs to be a man and demand the control or threaten to walk....and walk if he doesn't get his way. DS will give in or look like the a-hole he's portrayed to be.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

piglet

Postby PSD » Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:01 pm

I think Snyder should take a cue from (gasp) Jerry Jones. Snyder should hire a coach and then step aside. Let the football people run things for a change.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:47 pm

sad but true!

just hope he doesn't follow it up with all the plastic surgery
We'll miss you, Joe.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Fri Oct 24, 2003 4:22 pm

PSD - are you saying that he should emulate JJ or do the opposite of JJ?
Rich in Roanoke

piglet

Postby PSD » Mon Oct 27, 2003 4:58 pm

Rich,

I think Snyder needs to lose a few pounds and then get a little work done. A nice nip and tuck. Just kidding.

I'm definitely no fan of Jones', but you have to hand it to him for stepping aside and letting Parcells run the show. I think Snyder should do the same - either with Spurrier or someone else. What Snyder's doing now just isn't working.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:02 pm

While I agree to some extent about letting Spurrier run the show, and while I wish our owner would get rid of Cerrato and bring in someone like Donahoe, I disagree that JJ is going to stay stepped aside for long. I know I watched a couple of those horrendous shows on HBO and he had his fingers in everything that went on. This is the MORON that fired Jimmy Johnson after two superbowls because of control clashes. I can't imagine spending 800+ million then just sitting off to the side like I was watching an ant farm grow.... just my personal opinion
Rich in Roanoke

piglet

Postby PSD » Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:02 pm

You're probably right. I was amazed that he stepped aside in the first place. Jones will want to get back in the spotlight eventually. When he does, it'll be fun to watch the fireworks.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:19 pm

it'll just take a few losses...or a collapse this year would be nice.....perhaps not making the playoffs after a 5-1 start....or two losses to us this year...wouldn't that be sweet and an oh-so welcome suprise
We'll miss you, Joe.

Return to Around the League