Tebow's Our Future Leader Get Used To It

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
G4L

Tebow's Our Future Leader Get Used To It

Postby Gibbs4Life » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:57 pm

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/ ... ow/1068154

St.Petersburg Times article gets quotes from Zorn and Kyle Shanahan at the Senior Bowl

Zorn : "One of the things that a club always looks for is being able to hit on the things you can't tell. What are those intangibles?" said Jim Zorn, the former Redskins coach and former NFL quarterback. "Some guys wear those intangibles right out in front. You can easily tell. It's a less risky move. There's risks involved with some players because they don't show it. Then, when you get them, you're either really disappointed or you're really fired up because you can't believe what you just got."

Kyle Shanahan : "If you draft him thinking you're going to correct (the flaws), then you're wrong," said Redskins offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan, a former Bucs assistant. "I think it's going to be just as much up to him as the team that takes him. … If he's better at one thing than another, then you better figure out how to work that into your offense.

"If you draft him and think you're going to do what you've been doing all along, you're probably going to be getting him ready for the next coach who's going to replace you."

This offseason Shanahan who has strong ties to UF, visited the Gators, spoke to the team, and studied the spread offense...
http://www.floridatoday.com/content/blo ... ebow.shtml

Bruce Allen and Shanahan both talk about Passion and Desire and Leadership and Shanny talks about toughness and competitiveness ...that my friend is Timmy Tebow.

Question: Who does Mike Shanahan, Bruce Allen, Daniel Snyder and Kyle Shanahan all admire the most in the NFL... The Answer Jon Gruden
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/o ... 1394.story

Gruden Q & A : Q: The spread is being run in high schools and colleges, is it possible it could be a base offense in the NFL one day?

A: "No question. The hard part is, you have to isolate the option. That's why Tim Tebow is so interesting to me. He's like Brandon Jacobs playing quarterback. He's 250 pounds. He's the strongest human being who's ever played the position. Ever. He will kick the living [expletive] out of a defensive lineman. He'll fight anybody. He is rare. Tebow is the kind of guy who could revolutionize the game. He's the 'wildcat' who can throw. Most of the teams that have the wildcat back there, it's Ronnie Brown, it's Jerious Norwood, it's whoever you want to say it is. This guy here is 250 pounds of concrete cyanide, man. And he can throw. He throws well enough at any level to play quarterback."

Q: Most people are dismissing Tebow as a quarterback in the NFL.

A: "He can play quarterback in the NFL. When he was a high school senior, they played Armwood in the state championship game. I have tape. He has an 80-yard touchdown run that put them in the lead. When it flipped around, and Armwood had the ball, what position do you think Tebow was playing? He was playing nose guard — and he disrupted about 10 plays. This guy is totally different. He's got Rich Gannon, Drew Brees, that kind of makeup as a team guy. What he said after the Ole Miss game, I said, 'That's my favorite football player I've ever seen in my whole life.' I said, 'I want Florida to win every game that kid plays from now on.'"

Redskin Nation, I know many of you have doubts, but picture a Redskins squad that is inspired by it's Quarterback, picture Tebow slapping CP's shoulderpads and chest bumping Chris Cooley, fist pumping Fedex into a frenzy.
Kyle and Mike know Tebow and they know football, the spread offense can work, I think Tebow has greatness inside of him and this coaching staff will bring it out if we're lucky enough to land him in this years draft.
HAIL

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:06 pm

we have two good tight ends already. Maybe he can play RB? I don't know.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:11 pm

brad u don't get it, we are going to run the spread offense...

remember how unstoppable mike alstott was in short yardage, you had to stack the box to have a prayer, now imagine if alstott could rear up and throw a 60yard strike, that's what we'll have...danger.

Tebow has had bowel movements that have more passion and fire than JCampbell. But just so you campbell kids don't get in a tizzy, I bet we keep Jason and let him compete with Tim while Tim learns the position the 1st year.

I borderline did not want to post this thread because there is a high stakes pokergame being played by the Skins and a few teams including Jacksonville... the Jags are desperate for Tebow, the very existance of their franchise depends on acquiring him, so if they believe in the least bit that we have an interest in him they will do whatever it takes to trade into the top 3.
Last edited by Gibbs4Life on Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HAIL

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:15 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:brad u don't get it, we are going to run the spread offense...

remember how unstoppable mike alstott was in short yardage, you had to stack the box to have a prayer, now imagine if alstott could rear up and throw a 60yard strike, that's what we'll have...danger.

Tebow has had bowel movements that have more passion and fire than JCampbell. But just so you campbell kids don't get in a tizzy, I bet we keep Jason and let him compete with Tim while Tim learns the position the 1st year.

Well, if there was some kind of wildcat he might be useful. What you fail to take into account is that NFL qb's throw the ball. And you have to be unbelievably good at throwing the ball to play there. I'm not sure he has that from what i've seen.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:20 pm

brad, Tebow throws a very nice deep ball, even mayock says "once it finally gets out of his hands its not bad" the nitpicking at Tebow is directed at his wind up and his ability to work under center out into a 5 and 7 step drop. There will be wildcat and there will be shotgun, there will also be under center but see the Kyle Shanahan quote on Tebow above as an example of the Shanahan's willingness to adapt their new offense to Tebow's strengths.

If u think he can't throw watch this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE8iVhY- ... re=related
HAIL

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:44 am

I'm sure that Tebow will be our qb....I mean, all of G4L's predictions come true, don't they?
Suck and Luck

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:45 am

I do like that Shanahan quote about adapting the scheme to fit the players, not vice versa. We haven't had that in a long time around here.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby skins2357 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:29 am

Look, if we get him in the 2nd round it could be worse. I really would not mind him in the 2nd round. Then you resign Campbell and let Tebow sit at 3rd on the depth chart and learn the NFL game.

IF we draft him at #4 I will drive to FEDEX and burn it down myself! No not really, but that would be one of the worst picks of all time for a couple reasons
1. The money slotted to the 4 pick will be astronomical, way too much for Tebow
2. #4 should be able to get us the best QB in the draft (which is not TT)
3. Still too many question marks (Arm strength, Snaps from Center, drop backs while reading Defense)

The way I look at it, with that 4 pick you need to find someone who is going to be a perennial Pro Bowler. I know O Line is our biggest need, but if there are no Peennial Pro Bowlers available on the O Line, then you need to find another position where you wont strike out.

I completely agree with most we should take Okung. He is the only sure thing in the draft on the O Line...but if he is not available and you cant trade back who do you pick?
Mike/Bruce - If your going to spring big this year in Free Agency, please spring big on offensive lineman! I cant watch Rabach anymore!

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:42 am

skins2357 wrote:Look, if we get him in the 2nd round it could be worse. I really would not mind him in the 2nd round. Then you resign Campbell and let Tebow sit at 3rd on the depth chart and learn the NFL game.

IF we draft him at #4 I will drive to FEDEX and burn it down myself! No not really, but that would be one of the worst picks of all time for a couple reasons
1. The money slotted to the 4 pick will be astronomical, way too much for Tebow
2. #4 should be able to get us the best QB in the draft (which is not TT)
3. Still too many question marks (Arm strength, Snaps from Center, drop backs while reading Defense)

The way I look at it, with that 4 pick you need to find someone who is going to be a perennial Pro Bowler. I know O Line is our biggest need, but if there are no Peennial Pro Bowlers available on the O Line, then you need to find another position where you wont strike out.

I completely agree with most we should take Okung. He is the only sure thing in the draft on the O Line...but if he is not available and you cant trade back who do you pick?

So basically you want to draft a college qb who probably won't play qb in the NFL with a very high second round pick. If we want him in the 4th, we can probably get him.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

cleg

Postby cleg » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:12 am

I borderline did not want to post this thread because there is a high stakes pokergame being played by the Skins and a few teams including Jacksonville... the Jags are desperate for Tebow, the very existance of their franchise depends on acquiring him, so if they believe in the least bit that we have an interest in him they will do whatever it takes to trade into the top 3.

Because the general manager of the Jax Jags monitors thehogs.net to see what we fans say will happen?
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

Hog

Postby skins2357 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:33 am

To say he will never play in the NFL is pretty ballsy. There are experts saying he is the BEST college player EVER. I know there are many flaws in his game, but if he figures stuff out he could pan out. That being said, if he is there and Shanny is high on him I would not mind him in the 2nd round IF we take OL in the 1st. Shanny is the key there bc he knows a little more about talent evaluation than us!

If we dont take OL in the 1st then we HAVE to in the 2nd. For you to say he will be there in the 4th is just wishful thinking.

I really am not a Tebow homer and dont care about him at all, I am just putting in my opinion
Mike/Bruce - If your going to spring big this year in Free Agency, please spring big on offensive lineman! I cant watch Rabach anymore!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:37 am

Hey 2357.. Colt Brennan also broke the record in college for passing yards (maybe TDs too?).. it ultimately means nothing. I'm confused though, how would getting him in the 4th cost more than getting him in the 2nd? I personally don't want another QB that plays like JC.. for all that we can just keep JC and use the pick for someone else. I know it's a Tebow thread but I'd rather have the "PIKE"
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:45 am

Folks he's not going to go in the 2nd. He was never going to get past 10.
The Jaguars are in serious trouble financially and Tebow's star power alone makes selecting him a must. If we want him, he has to be no.4
HAIL

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:26 am

Gibbs4Life wrote:Folks he's not going to go in the 2nd. He was never going to get past 10.
The Jaguars are in serious trouble financially and Tebow's star power alone makes selecting him a must. If we want him, he has to be no.4

I'll bet you $1000 he doesn't get taken in the top ten. Put your money where your mouth is.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Hog

Postby skins2357 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:34 am

If we would have to get him at 4 then the thread should be locked because thats not going to happen. If we spend a 1st on him that would be worse than any other pick I can remember. Pike in the 2nd is not a bad option either.

Unfortunatly none of this matters because I would bet we draft either Clausen or Bradford #1. .....which I dont want

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010