Hockey: Russia 8, Latvia 2

We figure that the Olympics are of interest to just about all sports fans and being that we have Redskin fans all over the globe, why not give them a forum to sound off in about their favorite, or least favorite Olympic athletes and events.
Site Admin

Hockey: Russia 8, Latvia 2

Postby admin » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:23 pm

Despite the ten goals, this was one dull hockey game. But there was plenty for Caps fans to watch with Ovechkin and Semin in action, as well as former Caps Sergei Fedorov and Victor Kozlov.

My Game Summary is here. Next game for The Great 8 and the Russians is Slovakia on Thursday...

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:57 pm

I sat up for it. The game didn't start until midnight out here on CNBC.

At the end of the second period, it was 1:30 or so, and I decided I had to go to bed or I wasn't going to be worht a damn at work today.

After about 5 minutes, I decided I did want to see it, and when I turned it back on I realized I'd missed four goals!

I know I can record these things, but I can't stand watching a game after the fact, and I'm not patient enough to ignore the results as soon as they are available.

Needless to say; I'm not worth a damn today at work...
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:10 pm

Yeah 9pm PT start was ludicrous - but it was so the russian game and the Canadian game could both take place in the 'big' venue.

And yeay, you picked the wrong 5 minutes to miss!!

The rest of the game was pretty dull.
The Russians have a ton of fire power but their defense is going to be their achilles heel...
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:30 pm

BossHog wrote:Yeah 9pm PT start was ludicrous - but it was so the russian game and the Canadian game could both take place in the 'big' venue.

And yeay, you picked the wrong 5 minutes to miss!!

The rest of the game was pretty dull.
The Russians have a ton of fire power but their defense is going to be their achilles heel...

Agreed. It almost felt like they were toying with Latvia. They were doing a lot of passing. They will certainly need to do better on the power-play.

The reason I say it felt like they were toying with them was largely due to the three quick goals in response to Latvia's first goal.

I was more than a little annoyed with myself for missing it.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:36 pm

Bahhh... seeing the highlights was better than seeing it live. Somehow the three goals weren't exciting because they just made you wonder why on earth they weren't scoring three goals every two minutes.

Latvia is bad and will probably prove to be the worst team in the Olympics yet again... but at least Russia ended up pounding them by an appropriate score. The only caveat would be that the Latvians should never have scored twice... Nabokov wasn't exactly stout.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Return to 2010 Olympics