Wha...?

We figure that the Olympics are of interest to just about all sports fans and being that we have Redskin fans all over the globe, why not give them a forum to sound off in about their favorite, or least favorite Olympic athletes and events.
The Punisher

Wha...?

Postby Bob 0119 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:06 pm

I missed the third period of Canada vs Switzerland, but watched the scores on my phone.

Did they explain how Sidney Crosby was allowed to shoot first and fourth in the shootout? Some sort of special Olympic rule?
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:21 pm

they did, only the first three shooters go in order, after that you can repeat any player as much as you would like.

Makes our win against the Swiss look a little better.
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:42 pm

Yeah, it was a much closer game than I'd have figured!
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:53 am

Having watched both games - I personally thought the Swiss played much better in the second game - at least Jonas Hiller did - he turned away 45 of 47 shots.

Canada was guilty of looking past the Swiss, and really didn't play with much fire. They're playing like a bunch of panzies and that just isn't going to cut it against the U.S. team. The game on Saturday between the two will be excellent.

But I personally don't think you can read too much into how two teams do against like competition... if you could, you could just as easily determine that Canada put a worse beating on the Norwegians.

Now Canada loses a point by virtue of only getting two in this game and they will have a tougher schedule throughout.

There was nothing nefarious about Crosby shooting twice... those are international rules. Besides, i thought Babcock made a poor decision NOT letting Nash shoot fourth - he was Canada's best player on the night and is excellent in the shootout to boot. It all worked out with Sid scoring, but it could have been a very questioned move had it not worked.

Anyway, the Swiss effort will undoubtedly give the US added confidence against Canada, and if Canada plays like they did tonight - the US team WILL win. My 2 cents

Russia having a tough time with Slovakia right now - 1-0 Russia with 7 min to go in the second. Ovechkin has been auspiciously quiet...
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Return to 2010 Olympics