Canada Sets Record

We figure that the Olympics are of interest to just about all sports fans and being that we have Redskin fans all over the globe, why not give them a forum to sound off in about their favorite, or least favorite Olympic athletes and events.
Site Admin

Canada Sets Record

Postby BossHog » Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:45 pm

Well an Olympics that started very slowly for the Canadian team, has really improved over the last few days.

On Saturday, Team Canada took 3 gold medals and moved to 13 golds overall - the most ever for ANY nation in a winter Olympics.

While they definitely cannot catch Team USA's incredible medal count of 36 for the games, Team Canada will finish with at least 26 - a Canadian record for the most ever at the winter Olympics.

Congratulations to ALL of the athletes who dedicate so much of their lives to such a lofty goal; but especially to the ones that found their way on to the podium and made a small (in population) nation proud.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:36 pm

North America. Represent. Where you at Mexico?

U.S. hadn't won the medal count since like the 20's and Canada takes a record amount of golds as host. It was good stuff.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:10 pm

brad7686 wrote:North America. Represent. Where you at Mexico?

U.S. hadn't won the medal count since like the 20's and Canada takes a record amount of golds as host. It was good stuff.

I had no idea that the US hadn't won a medal count in so long, good on them.

They were brilliant in this Olympics... proof positive of why Olympic athletes need financial support to be the best in the world.

As for Canada, a proud two weeks. Despite a horrible start with the death of the Georgian luger... and some very unseasonably warm weather that can't be controlled, we did a (hopefully) great job of hosting the games.

MOST of the foreign reaction seems to be that the electricity in Vancouver, and the buzz everywhere was spectacular.

And now the Olympic drought begins again. I love the Olympics and hate waiting for the next one to arrive, but I think it is part of the mystique that makes the Games so special.

Hope everyone enjoyed them as much as I did.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:20 pm

If they were more frequent, no one would care. Every 4 years is just right. I think that alternating the Summer and Winter games on a 2 year cycle has made it seem a little less distant...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:45 am

BossHog wrote:
brad7686 wrote:North America. Represent. Where you at Mexico?

I had no idea that the US hadn't won a medal count in so long, good on them.

They were brilliant in this Olympics... proof positive of why Olympic athletes need financial support to be the best in the world.

As for Canada, a proud two weeks. Despite a horrible start with the death of the Georgian luger... and some very unseasonably warm weather that can't be controlled, we did a (hopefully) great job of hosting the games.

MOST of the foreign reaction seems to be that the electricity in Vancouver, and the buzz everywhere was spectacular.

And now the Olympic drought begins again. I love the Olympics and hate waiting for the next one to arrive, but I think it is part of the mystique that makes the Games so special.

Hope everyone enjoyed them as much as I did.

Well, they hadn't won a winter medal count in a long time. I'm sure they win summer pretty much each go round.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:27 pm

brad7686 wrote:Well, they hadn't won a winter medal count in a long time. I'm sure they win summer pretty much each go round.

Yeah, that's why I was surprised that they hadn't won the winter medal count in so long.

America supporting it's young athletes is, to me, one of the most endearing traits about the US.

They earn and deserve every medal they get - winter or summer.

My 2 cents

Return to 2010 Olympics