OL Campbell from MD

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.

Postby yupchagee » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:57 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
yupchagee wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:Yeah. I agree canes but if you could get him in the 2nd round - then there is some value there because you've either got a starting RT or quality backup LT. Of course you want a starter in the 2nd round but that's just me.

He'll be long, long gone by the 2nd tound. His workout #'s will get him picked early, probably top 10.

Campbell is not going in the top 10. Way too much of a project to be taken that high. He'll likely go towards the end of the 1st.

You're forgetting that Al Davis picks #8.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:08 pm

yupchagee wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:
yupchagee wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:Yeah. I agree canes but if you could get him in the 2nd round - then there is some value there because you've either got a starting RT or quality backup LT. Of course you want a starter in the 2nd round but that's just me.

He'll be long, long gone by the 2nd tound. His workout #'s will get him picked early, probably top 10.

Campbell is not going in the top 10. Way too much of a project to be taken that high. He'll likely go towards the end of the 1st.

You're forgetting that Al Davis picks #8.

Campbell doesn't run a sub 4.4 40 so that automatically excludes him from consideration by the Raiders :wink:
Suck and Luck

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Thu Mar 04, 2010 6:41 am

I am really not that impressed. Only because I have watched plenty of film on him. Campbell has talent and plenty of potential. He has just not put it all together yet. With our number four pick it would be far too risky to take Campbell.
If we take Oline at no.4 then it has to Okung. Okung is the only one that clearly shows he is ready. The rest of the tackles are projects with something to work on.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:40 am

I don't think anyone thinks that you take Campbell over Okung. Campbell is valued at a 2nd round pick. There will be someone in the late first who may feel they can coach him up but I want a guy who may not look the part but plays the part more. And Campbell is opposite that. But, with a little coaching, and for the right price, he has a very high upside.

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010