Worst possible draft outcomes

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
Hog

Worst possible draft outcomes

Postby skins2357 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:14 am

Just want to get some ideas what people would think or want to do if this draft occured (And it very well could)

1. - Bradford
2. - Okung
3. - Suh
4. - ????????

Realistic Options...
1. Rolando McClain LB (Do we need a MLB right now?)
2. Anthony Davis OT (Scouts say he has potential, but is raw. Do you want to spend the 4 pick on a "raw" prospect?)
3. Joe Haden CB (Do we want to spend another 1st rounder on a CB when we still have 2 maybe 3 starting calliburs under contract?)
4. Eric Berry - S (With all the free agents out there and depth in our system, do we draft another S)
5. Bruce Campbell - OT (See Anthony Davis' comments)
6. Jimmy Clausen - QB (Im not sold on him and I dont know if this franchise could handle another 1st round QB bust)
7. Gerald McCoy (Do we need another passrushing DT if we switch to 3-4?)

- Personally, it does not fill a need but the only "impact" player I see on the list that makeses sense is McClain and Berry. With the FAs available at safety, I think I may go McClain....Might not really be popular, but he is the only cant miss I think off that list. Who would you draft?

THIS IS ALL ASSUMING WE CANT FIND A TRADE DOWN PARTNER WHICH WOULD BE MY IDEAL SITUATION....
Mike/Bruce - If your going to spring big this year in Free Agency, please spring big on offensive lineman! I cant watch Rabach anymore!

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:22 am

I'm not diggin Davis as much after the combine. I'm pretty sure I take McCoy in that situation and have a dominant defensive lineman for years to come.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Postby yupchagee » Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:51 pm

Possibly Bulaga or Williams. I's rather trade down (if possible).
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Hog

Postby skins2357 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:39 pm

I dont think either of those 2 are #4 worthy....if we COULD trade back well sure, but not at 4. The ONLY O Line prospect who is worthy of the a 4 pick is Okung, but he might be long gone by 4 if Detroit really is in to him (which has been reported)
Mike/Bruce - If your going to spring big this year in Free Agency, please spring big on offensive lineman! I cant watch Rabach anymore!

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:07 pm

In that situation I would go with Haden or McCoy. I'm not really a fan of any of our current corners and as much as it pains me to say this about a Gator, Haden is a stud.
Suck and Luck

piggie

Postby FireVinny » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:03 pm

You would have to take McCoy if this happened, but someone is going to want him. I keep reading that as many teams have him rated 1 as do Suh.

It might be easier to draft and then trade than to trade the pick, because there would be an element of calling our bluff preventing teams from trading up to get McCoy (a lot of teams will assume we want Clausen anyway).

This (along with the alternative that has McCoy drafted and Suh slipping to 4) is probably the best possible scenario for being able to trade down.

But realistically I don't see us passing on Clausen here. As much as I don't want it to happen.
Since Chris Samuels, on the first day of the draft:
O-Line: 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
D-Line: 0
WR: 4

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:40 pm

FireVinny wrote:You would have to take McCoy if this happened, but someone is going to want him. I keep reading that as many teams have him rated 1 as do Suh.

It might be easier to draft and then trade than to trade the pick, because there would be an element of calling our bluff preventing teams from trading up to get McCoy (a lot of teams will assume we want Clausen anyway).

This (along with the alternative that has McCoy drafted and Suh slipping to 4) is probably the best possible scenario for being able to trade down.

But realistically I don't see us passing on Clausen here. As much as I don't want it to happen.

Very tough question. I'd have to go with McCoy. We might end up with the best 4-3 in football and still be able to run the 3-4 if we pick up an FA like Peppers.
If we did this, of course, we'd have to spend the rest of our picks on OL and hope to get lucky with FA's to avoid the disgrace of last year.
I have a rough time believing in Clausen and Davis is too much of a maybe to draft at #4.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:57 pm

If we can't trade down, then Berry
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:01 pm

Man I hope that does not happen - but I'd take McCoy - I have no idea why Claussen is rated this high - I love both Berry and Haden but I'm not sure that we could trade either like we could McCoy - I think if we don't get who we really want, we take the best we can and trade him - we have so many needs but ....

fortunately, I don't see that scenario happening and I think that we'll get Okung or Bradford
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - unfortunately with Dan Snyder, it is what it is

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:32 pm

I think we could trade down with Buffalo. They're last in line for a top flight OL and QB. We're possibly first, maybe second. we trade down and take Bulaga, which I htink he's the best lineman in the draft, certainly the most technically sound. Grab a second or third round pick from Buffalo and pick up Dan Lefevour and Ducasse in the second. That would be most ideal.

Worst case scenario? We trade all of our picks for Tim Tebow as the camara pans over to Mike Shannahan with a cuban hanging off his lip.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Hog

Postby skins2357 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:34 am

While I do agree that McCoy might be the best player available in that situation, I think having him and Haynesworth would be a waste. Hopefully someone would want to trade up to get him but you never can count on that.

I still like McClain which would give us a stud youngster to groom under Fletcher. I cant see Fletch playing more than 2 more yrs, this guy would be the answer at MLB and if we run the 3-4 could be an ILB with Fletch.

Remember Rocky is a FA next yr also, what happens if God forbid Fletcher does not come back next yr and we dont retain Rocky? That gives us 0 ILBs next yr.

Everything I have read about McClain says he will be an absolute stud in the 3-4 defense. His blend of size, spped and strength is crazy

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:50 am

chiefhog44 wrote:Worst case scenario? We trade all of our picks for Tim Tebow as the camara pans over to Mike Shannahan with a cuban hanging off his lip.

We better trade our entire draft board to the Rams get the #1 pick so we can be sure we don't lose Tebow...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby Jeremy81 » Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:34 pm

I like mcclain as well. I just think he's going to be great for years

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:29 pm

Jeremy81 wrote:I like mcclain as well. I just think he's going to be great for years

Maybe, but first we destroyed JC and then the certain great career Colt was destined for in the NFL. After two victims of our incompetent organization, we'd better be sure to grab the next can't miss prodigy and make sure it doesn't happen again. We need to do whatever it takes to get the #1 pick and grab him.

Postby mdk98w » Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:55 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:If we can't trade down, then Berry

I agree. Trade down Trade down Trade down. OL OL OL

Berry or even Mays could fall......

With the #4 pick overall you need to get the BEST in there position. If not Okung then trade down or Berry. But then again is Berry that much better than Mays. We could also possibly get Okung first round and Mays in second.
just a thought.

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010