Worst possible draft outcomes

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
piggie

Postby FireVinny » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:48 pm

Berry would be our 3rd Safety in the first 6 picks in 7 years. Sorry, but that bothers me. You don't win in the NFL based on who you have at safety.
Since Chris Samuels, on the first day of the draft:
O-Line: 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
D-Line: 0
WR: 4

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:20 pm

The fact is that there are 3 players above Berry - Suh, McCoy and Bradford - Berry is very good but he's not one of the first three - If we have to take Okung that's not a bad thing - we are probably going to choose between Okung and Bradford and that is not a bad place to be

we just have to hope we can end up with a really good QB soon, because the chance of success is a lot better
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:49 pm

You don't win in the NFL based on who you have at safety.

No but you can lose based on what Hall of Fame caliber safety, you drafted to pair with another top safety, is murdered.
HAIL

piggie

Postby FireVinny » Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:56 pm

Gibbs4Life wrote:

No but you can lose based on what Hall of Fame caliber safety, you drafted to pair with another top safety, is murdered.

Absolutely... I meant no disrespect to #21.
Since Chris Samuels, on the first day of the draft:
O-Line: 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
D-Line: 0
WR: 4

Hog

Postby Manchester_Redskin » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:59 am

I've just been looking at a mock draft that has this exact scenario ... Bradford, Okung, Suh ... it has us taking McCoy.

It also has us taking Tebow in round 2

link

Hog

Postby Manchester_Redskin » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:01 am

Steelers and Polamalu? they really missed him last season

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:11 am

We are in a good position to get either the QB or the LT - that both could not be available at the 4 pick is pretty hard to imagine

It would be a shame to not get either but I would hope that we do not try and move up, especially if it costs any draft picks, this year or next
Getting our QB back will help a lot but we still have a lot of issues to address

Players and coaches need to believe that they can be successful - they are not playing with that attitude - big changes are coming

HAIL

Currently 50-41

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:36 pm

Manchester_Redskin wrote:

Steelers and Polamalu? they really missed him last season

A lot of knees were saved last year.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

ch1

Re: Worst possible draft outcomes

Postby crazyhorse1 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:15 pm

skins2357 wrote:Just want to get some ideas what people would think or want to do if this draft occured (And it very well could)

1. - Bradford
2. - Okung
3. - Suh
4. - ????????

Realistic Options...
1. Rolando McClain LB (Do we need a MLB right now?)
2. Anthony Davis OT (Scouts say he has potential, but is raw. Do you want to spend the 4 pick on a "raw" prospect?)
3. Joe Haden CB (Do we want to spend another 1st rounder on a CB when we still have 2 maybe 3 starting calliburs under contract?)
4. Eric Berry - S (With all the free agents out there and depth in our system, do we draft another S)
5. Bruce Campbell - OT (See Anthony Davis' comments)
6. Jimmy Clausen - QB (Im not sold on him and I dont know if this franchise could handle another 1st round QB bust)
7. Gerald McCoy (Do we need another passrushing DT if we switch to 3-4?)

- Personally, it does not fill a need but the only "impact" player I see on the list that makeses sense is McClain and Berry. With the FAs available at safety, I think I may go McClain....Might not really be popular, but he is the only cant miss I think off that list. Who would you draft?

THIS IS ALL ASSUMING WE CANT FIND A TRADE DOWN PARTNER WHICH WOULD BE MY IDEAL SITUATION....

When I first saw your worse possible draft scenario I thought it was over the top. Now, I see mock drafts putting it like you have it. I shudder. I also note that Anthony Davis looked like a clunker at the combine, leaving us with Campbell at OT or Williams or maybe Clausen-- neither of whom is worthy of a fourth pick. So, now I see us picking a "probable" McCoy.

We could have a front seven like this:

McCoy Kemo Haynesworth
Mac Foote? Fletcher Orakpo

or

Carter McCoy Haynesworth Orakpo
Mac Fletcher ?

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:16 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote:
skins2357 wrote:Just want to get some ideas what people would think or want to do if this draft occured (And it very well could)

1. - Bradford
2. - Okung
3. - Suh

When I first saw your worse possible draft scenario I thought it was over the top. Now, I see mock drafts putting it like you have it. I shudder. I also note that Anthony Davis looked like a clunker at the combine, leaving us with Campbell at OT or Williams or maybe Clausen-- neither of whom is worthy of a fourth pick. So, now I see us picking a "probable" McCoy

Unless the coaches really think Clausen's the guy, the only options if that happens are McCoy, Berry or trade.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:51 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:

1. - Bradford
2. - Okung
3. - Suh

When I first saw your worse possible draft scenario I thought it was over the top. Now, I see mock drafts putting it like you have it. I shudder. I also note that Anthony Davis looked like a clunker at the combine, leaving us with Campbell at OT or Williams or maybe Clausen-- neither of whom is worthy of a fourth pick. So, now I see us picking a "probable" McCoy

Unless the coaches really think Clausen's the guy, the only options if that happens are McCoy, Berry or trade.

I really don't see the Lions passing on Suh if he's there. I'm not sure we pass on Suh if we were picking second, and we don't even have a decent OT on our entire roster. The lions need to address their defense, its porous at best.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:40 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:

1. - Bradford
2. - Okung
3. - Suh

I would add Haden to that group. I'd actually rather have him than Berry as he plays a more important position.
Suck and Luck

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:47 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:

1. - Bradford
2. - Okung
3. - Suh

I would add Haden to that group. I'd actually rather have him than Berry as he plays a more important position.

He's gonna slip because he's slow as crap. Not saying he can't play, just saying he's gonna drop substantially.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:53 pm

brad7686 wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:

1. - Bradford
2. - Okung
3. - Suh

He's gonna slip because he's slow as crap. Not saying he can't play, just saying he's gonna drop substantially.

Yea, the slow 40 times from the Combine probably hurt him for now. I think that he improves upon those numbers during UF's pro day. I bet he posts something in the 4.4 range duing the pro day.
Suck and Luck

Postby jmoss10686 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:13 pm

1. - Bradford
2. - Okung
3. - Suh
4. - ????????

Realistic Options...
1. Rolando McClain LB (Do we need a MLB right now?)
2. Anthony Davis OT (Scouts say he has potential, but is raw. Do you want to spend the 4 pick on a "raw" prospect?)
3. Joe Haden CB (Do we want to spend another 1st rounder on a CB when we still have 2 maybe 3 starting calliburs under contract?)
4. Eric Berry - S (With all the free agents out there and depth in our system, do we draft another S)
5. Bruce Campbell - OT (See Anthony Davis' comments)
6. Jimmy Clausen - QB (Im not sold on him and I dont know if this franchise could handle another 1st round QB bust)
7. Gerald McCoy (Do we need another passrushing DT if we switch to 3-4?)

- Personally, it does not fill a need but the only "impact" player I see on the list that makeses sense is McClain and Berry. With the FAs available at safety, I think I may go McClain....Might not really be popular, but he is the only cant miss I think off that list. Who would you draft?

THIS IS ALL ASSUMING WE CANT FIND A TRADE DOWN PARTNER WHICH WOULD BE MY IDEAL SITUATION....

ERIC BERRY. The man's a beast. McCoy's not a great fit for the 3-4.

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010