I might be wrong, but I stay Positive

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
~~~~

I might be wrong, but I stay Positive

Postby ANT7088 » Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:38 pm

I would like to see Upshaw, Dalton, Russell, Smith and Zellner switching off on the D-Line. Why does everyone sound so negative? I'll remind everyone, this is only going to be the eigth game together as a team, we still have some problems (obviously) but the most important thing is to keep this team together. Everyone is making mistake cause it is impossible to have chemisty & trust in each other so fast. Every team that is good right now (except Carolina) has had the same core of players & the same Scheme for more time than we have (thats why they're good). Everyone is expecting too much. Will Spurrier's system work? HELL YEAH! It has worked, when this team doesn't make mistakes we move the ball fine. Regardless of how we do this year, we now have our core, now we can have a normal offseason. We don't have to fix the whole team anymore, all we have to do is fix a couple of positions. We can draft specific position problems instead of players we might not ever use or get a FEW free-agents. We cant change coaches again.

piglet

Postby redskin mark » Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:14 am

...Yeah, but the problem is that the Skins are beating themselves unlike any other team with this much talent.

The more I see the O'l Ball Coach apply his system, it appeears that it may not quite work out without modifying it somewhat for NFL type calliber coaching and playmaking.

For example, the constant audibling. Unfortuanately we have a rookie QB that needs some meaningful NFL experience. P-Ram needs much more playing time to be able to understand and read the D's properly. It's a little rushed right now, thus, the O-line must react to the change in play, then decide blocking scheme, all the while attempting to focus on the oncomming beast from the other side.

FRANKLY (and is goes against what this coach is trying to do), but we need to run the freak'in ball more.

Not that we need to shelve the entire offensive philosophy, but tweek it to maximize its innovative parts while keeping some of the old basics that have worked in the league for such a long time now...IMHO.
HAIL ARRINGTON...FROM SO CAL.

~~~~

Postby ANT7088 » Wed Oct 29, 2003 7:41 am

10 NFL starts for P-Ram, and only 7 as a team? I think we are fine. It isn't the system, eveyone is still confused, noone completly knows the system. Until we have the SAME team for more then ONE full season, these problem will never go away. What team with just 7 starts together is as good as us? or would you rather be like Atlanta? who cant play without Vick. We need a Season, then we can say "bad coaching" cause I dont remember these penalty problems last year. They will go away with trust.

Hog

Annoyed!

Postby skins75 » Wed Oct 29, 2003 10:43 am

I dont agree with the fact that we just need to gives these guys more time to get comfortable with the system. If this were the case we would be getting better...not worse. I dont want to hear any more excuses for Edwards or even Helton. They both piss me off. When we continue to get beat on the same plays (ie: bootleg) we have to question who is calling these schemes. It cant be just players blowing assignments. Adjust the system not just expect players to adjust to yours.

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Wed Oct 29, 2003 11:37 am

Blocking doesn't come with time. You can either block or you can't. Spurriers system doesn't teach how to block, it just tells who, where to be, to block whomever. And having an average RB blocking SIMEON RICE is ****** RETARDED. Most tackles have problems with him.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football