Caps Today - Home Cookin'

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
The Punisher

Caps Today - Home Cookin'

Postby Bob 0119 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:19 am

Today’s Storyline

Homer – Washington has won 12 straight games at Verizon Center and it has been quite an odyssey for the NHL-leading Caps, who boast the best home record in the league at 24-3-3. Washington is 17-1-0 at home in their last 18 games after starting the season 7-2-3 at Verizon Center . The Caps have four games remaining on its current five-game home span and have not lost at home in 2010. Their last loss at Verizon Center was a Dec. 28, 2009 setback to Carolina . During the winning streak, the Caps have outscored its opponents 54-26 and are averaging 4.5 goals per game. Washington has scored at least three goals in all 12 games and potted five or more goals in seven of the games. The Caps end the season with 11 of their remaining 18 games at Verizon Center , where they are 53-12-6 since the start of last season and 59-12-6 in their last 77 homes games.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:12 pm

The phone booth was obviously made for the Caps, not the Wizards! :lol:

94 points and a little under 20 games to go. This is great and I'm really excited to get the playoffs under way. I didn't see the game last night though, did our new guys play?
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

cappster

Postby Cappster » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:19 pm

I can only hope the redskins, someday, will have a home winning percentage that is as good as the caps.
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:24 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:The phone booth was obviously made for the Caps, not the Wizards! :lol:

94 points and a little under 20 games to go. This is great and I'm really excited to get the playoffs under way. I didn't see the game last night though, did our new guys play?

Not only did they play, LPJ, Scott Walker (who came in with three goals on the season) scored two goals in his Caps debut.

The first Cap to do that since Ovie.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:17 pm

Dude.. that's awesome! Maaaaaaan, I'm really getting hyped up for the postseason.. wait, don't we play 2nite? THE STARS!!! WE PLAY DALLAS!

Omg.. i hope we CRUSH them and let out our Skins frustrations.. :lol:

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:18 pm

On Versus channel if anyone wants to watch.. fyi

Hog

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:36 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:On Versus channel if anyone wants to watch.. fyi

Unfortunately I don't get versus on directv. It sucks and it looks like I'm missing a hell of a game. Thanks a lot Comcast! Right now it looks like we are 4 minutes away from a shootout and we blew a 2 goal lead in the 3rd. At least Ovi is off of his goal drought.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Hog

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:50 pm

Well we lost, but at least its a point.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:35 pm

Man I was sooo blown last night, I just knew we'd take it. I know we're still at the top but I hate losing, especially to dallas. Granted, its not like we lost to an East team (especially Pitt/Phl) but still though, it's dallas and stars fans are cowpunk fans and that just infuriates me! :evil:

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:50 pm

What a great comeback vs Chicago. 0-3 I said to myself, dag we'll lose another one.. just to see on the highlights that we came back and won. YEEESSSSS!!!!

Seriously, with so many games in the regular season I can understand how how we lose a few games. What got me really confused is like..our guys are really thaaat good??? I mean they play from behind and take over like it was 0-0.. it kills the nerves of us fans but it feels good to know they have the skill and serious weapons to pull it off.

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:36 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:What a great comeback vs Chicago. 0-3 I said to myself, dag we'll lose another one.. just to see on the highlights that we came back and won. YEEESSSSS!!!!

Seriously, with so many games in the regular season I can understand how how we lose a few games. What got me really confused is like..our guys are really thaaat good??? I mean they play from behind and take over like it was 0-0.. it kills the nerves of us fans but it feels good to know they have the skill and serious weapons to pull it off.

The Caps play a very aggressive offense which sometimes leaves their goalie and defnders out to dry.

The mantra is "you can't score if you don't shoot."

It's hard to count the Caps out of anything, very few leads are safe. In Game 7 last year vs. Pittsburgh, some would say Pitt was running up the score (they won 7-2) but you have to against this Caps team. You can't be content to sit on a 2-goal (or in Chicago's case 3 goal) lead. If you lay back and play defense against the Caps, you'll lose.

The only way to defeat the Caps is by keeping your offense out there, plugging away to the very end.

I didn't see yesterday's game, but was keeping an eye on the scoreboard.

I'm sorry I've been MIA here lately, but I got a lot going on right now. I posted a blog today, but between work and home, it's hard for me to find time to et to an actual computer to post the Caps Today stuff, and hammer out blogs.

I certainly haven't given up on them, and you better believe I'll be watching...even if it means staring at my phone for 2 and 1/2 hours during family functions!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:02 am

So what do you folks think of Ovie's hit? To me it looked like Ovie was already in the act of the hit when the guy hit the puck away, looks like it was just too close for Ovie to even pull up. Obviously they've been beating this on the radio like crazy and hockey fans have called in and said "if you see the numbers, pull up" I guess that's what they teach skaters from like peewee league? Ovie needs to chill though, its pretty obvious they are looking at him since his game is what it is... HARD AND ROUGH. Regular season I don't mind too much but playoff time we need him in there and if he keeps getting penalties, 2 minutes here or a more crucial 5 minutes there will destroy us. One man short against the flyers and penguins is almost a sure goal. I know our penalty killers don't want to deal with that crap.

Bob, bro you do your thing man. I appreciate the postings but personal stuff must come first. I know you'll be watching the games when possible so I'll just continue to blab about them.. :lol:

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:03 pm

Yea Caps, congrats on that win vs Pitt.. in Pitt.. during the Winter Classic.. in the rain.. in the cold. I think since we play in a stadium that is used by other sporting teams our guys were ready because most of the time our ice is pretty messed up. Oh well Pitt, stuff that in crosby's underwear!!!!!!

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:16 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:Yea Caps, congrats on that win vs Pitt.. in Pitt.. during the Winter Classic.. in the rain.. in the cold. I think since we play in a stadium that is used by other sporting teams our guys were ready because most of the time our ice is pretty messed up. Oh well Pitt, stuff that in crosby's underwear!!!!!!

(Thanks, LPJ. I'm laughing at the thought!)

Return to Washington Sports Teams