Bradford or Clausen if we were to go QB 1st round

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.

Bradford or Clausen

Bradford
76%
Clausen
10%
Other , ( please state )
14%

Total votes : 21
**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:27 am

*sigh*.. I know I know.. I'll say Bradford
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:08 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:*sigh*.. I know I know.. I'll say Bradford

I hope if we do pick a QB the coaches are pretty darned sold on them. I have my doubts about them, it seems like they're only rated that high because they are QB's. Leaf, Heath, Dilfer, the list goes on...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:48 pm

I agree Kaz - but you also forgot Sanchez and Brees and Rivers :lol:

the only guy that I hope we get because I think he looks really good is Bradford and after that I think we have to wait and see about next draft or the year after - the only problem that I see there is that I doubt that we are drafting very high again with these guys in charge

Campbell is the QB here this season unless he completely blows it - he's just not the answer long term but we are not going anywhere so .....
Jay Gruden "eventually we will turn it around" I have faith in Gruden and I still think he can get things straightened out - we have a lot of work to do and it will be interesting to see how many players are willing to tough it out

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:05 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I agree Kaz - but you also forgot Sanchez and Brees and Rivers :lol:

the only guy that I hope we get because I think he looks really good is Bradford and after that I think we have to wait and see about next draft or the year after - the only problem that I see there is that I doubt that we are drafting very high again with these guys in charge

Campbell is the QB here this season unless he completely blows it - he's just not the answer long term but we are not going anywhere so .....

But SJ I'm not so sure we'll have this many decent/talented QBs coming out next year. Kind of like if we don't get a fresh one now we may not be able to in the future. Plus it'll depend on how well we do this season and what our draft spot will be too.

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:20 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I agree Kaz - but you also forgot Sanchez and Brees and Rivers :lol:

But SJ I'm not so sure we'll have this many decent/talented QBs coming out next year. Kind of like if we don't get a fresh one now we may not be able to in the future. Plus it'll depend on how well we do this season and what our draft spot will be too.

I really don't see us improving that much record-wise. I think we could take Okung and then a qb next year. If we did somehow finish well this season it would probably have a lot to do with Campbell anyway.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:51 am

Okung
Tebow
HAIL

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:07 am

langleyparkjoe wrote: ... I'm not so sure we'll have this many decent/talented QBs coming out next year. Kind of like if we don't get a fresh one now we may not be able to in the future. Plus it'll depend on how well we do this season and what our draft spot will be too.

I understand but I don't know that apart from Bradford there is a really good QB available this year - I'll agree that the most important player for any franchise is the QB but you also need to have a good offensive and defensive lines PLUS depth along both

I think Bradford goes to the Rams and I think the Lions will take Suh (hopefully) so we have to take Okung and then try and get lucky at the QB position

there is no way of really looking at the QB position in college this year and determining the prospects for the NFL game
Jay Gruden "eventually we will turn it around" I have faith in Gruden and I still think he can get things straightened out - we have a lot of work to do and it will be interesting to see how many players are willing to tough it out

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:25 am

Gibbs4Life wrote:Okung
Tebow

We know we know..

I spoke with the admin they're gonna change your name to Tebow4Life.. aka.. T4L.. :lol:

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:25 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:

Next year you are looking at Jake Locker and Ryan Mallett as the top two qb's. There is a pretty big drop-off between the two of them and the rest of the field. Both are also likely to go in the top 5 unless they totally tank this year. On the next level you have guys like Ponder and Keenum, who have significant question marks about them.
Suck and Luck

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:51 pm

Tebow

Given up on our using #4 on Tebow?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:21 pm

Tebow

We already have two tight ends so we can pass on Tebow.
Suck and Luck

Hog

Postby fleetus » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:03 pm

Sanchez is not proven yet. Brees was a 2nd round pick.

Every year there is a QB (or two or three) in the top 10 picks. But only occasionally is the QB really rated as one of the top 10 players available. The fact is, every year there are 3 or 4 teams, who suck, who have a top 10 pick, who decide that drafting a new QB is the surest way to sell tickets and pray they get lucky and catch lightning in a bottle.

Now, I'm not saying Bradford and Claussen are not decent QB's, they are. Especially Bradford. But with the injury concerns, he is not a blue chip prospect. And if you don't have your O-line built solidly, then it really doesn't make sense to draft a soon to be "deer-in-the-headlights" rookie QB. We need to draft a couple lineman, and possibly take a shot at a QB after the 1st round. Then, depending on our needs next year, possibly look at 1st round QB's.

I agree with SkinsJock though. If Shanahan sees something special in a 1st round QB, he certainly knows more than me. So if it happens, I will be excited because I'll believe that Shanahan very reluctantly passed up offensive linemen to take a QB he just could not pass on.
Build through the draft!

Postby yupchagee » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:41 am

SkinsJock wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote: ... I'm not so sure we'll have this many decent/talented QBs coming out next year. Kind of like if we don't get a fresh one now we may not be able to in the future. Plus it'll depend on how well we do this season and what our draft spot will be too.

I understand but I don't know that apart from Bradford there is a really good QB available this year - I'll agree that the most important player for any franchise is the QB but you also need to have a good offensive and defensive lines PLUS depth along both

I think Bradford goes to the Rams and I think the Lions will take Suh (hopefully) so we have to take Okung and then try and get lucky at the QB position

there is no way of really looking at the QB position in college this year and determining the prospects for the NFL game

We won SB's with 3 different adequate but not great QB's.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:35 am

Fact is that there have been many teams that have done well and even won Super Bowls with adequate QBs - that's not what some of us here are pointing out - having a really good QB greatly increases the chance for having a consistently competitive franchise

it's true that nobody really knows if a QB is going to be really good but getting a really good QB is big factor AND while nobody is saying we have to take a chance on Bradford, we should consider taking him with the 4th pick ONLY if Shanahan and Allen think he's going to be healthy and suits what they want to do - we may not get that chance

Let's look at the offensive line - we take Okung with the 4 pick and add one more starter plus other linemen - with the new coaching staff and better accountability here, we surely will win 6 and maybe 8 games - we might have picked up a QB that we hope can make it
we then add more offensive linemen in the next draft but now we find that we've got a line that is begining to come together but no really good QB - then you're looking at keeping the line in shape until you can get a QB
IF we think Bradford's a really good QB we have to take him

we all understand that we need to work on the offensive line, no worries,
but we also need to get a really good QB

just my opinion - a franchise will have a much better chance for consistent success with a really good QB and a good offensive line than with a really good offensive line and a good QB

also, just my opinion - I think that there are a lot of really good offensive linemen that can be located but rarely do you find a really good QB

Hog

Postby SKINFAN » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:46 am

Tebow

make room jumpin on this wagon
#21 (36) This IS and will always be the High watermark where all new DB's are measured.

Proverbs 27:17

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010