McCoy in round 2

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
Hog

McCoy in round 2

Postby Manchester_Redskin » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:24 am

NFL Total access made the suggestion that if we take Okung at 4 then we would consider Colt McCoy in round 2. Good or bad idea?

I think theres a strong possibility that Okung will go to the Rams. if that happens then should we take Clausen at 4 and draft the best available OT in round 2?.

B-rad

Re: McCoy in round 2

Postby brad7686 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:38 am

Manchester_Redskin wrote:NFL Total access made the suggestion that if we take Okung at 4 then we would consider Colt McCoy in round 2. Good or bad idea?

I think theres a strong possibility that Okung will go to the Rams. if that happens then should we take Clausen at 4 and draft the best available OT in round 2?.

There is no way in hell that the Rams take Okung. He will be there at 4. As far as McCoy goes, i'd rather take a linemen or a RB and grab a qb first round next year. I question McCoy's durability.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:09 am

Manchester_Redskin wrote:NFL Total access made the suggestion that if we take Okung at 4 then we would consider Colt McCoy in round 2. Good or bad idea?

No to Colt in the 2nd. We need OL and RB.

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:23 am

Tebow over Colt

Why? See nat'l championship game...the kid saw dollar signs and didn't want to look bad.
HAIL

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:30 am

crazyhorse1 wrote:

Why not swap the fouth pick for Baltimore's #25 and this guy. They would have a left tackle and can get a RT with the 25th pick. A guard can be picked with the 36th pick and McCoy might be available in the 3rd. We might have a pick in the 3rd by then, if not go RB in the 4th
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:02 am

I think that would be awesome actually... I'm all for it
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

Hog

Postby fleetus » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:30 am

I made the same suggestion in a thread here a few weeks ago. I still believe Okung is probably our best option (since trading down is rarely an option). McCoy in the 2nd might be good. It certainly is good on paper, being able to add a top OT ad QB in the first 2 picks. Comparisons between McCoy and Jake Plummer have me less excited. I'll wait until his pro day to decide.

Claussen at 4 is a mistake. The Baltimore trade idea is interesting. Not sure I'd rather have Gaither + 25th pick than Okung. Also not sure how well Gaither would do in the zone blocking scheme. He's a big, big guy and not known for his technique or agility. Kind of like Dockery, except as a left tackle instead of guard. Most importantly, I think even though the Ravens might be willing to trade Gaither for a pick, not sure if they would accept a swap of #4 for 25. If they did, it would most surely be so they can pick an offensive tackle, which makes you wonder about the value of Gaither. So, I vote no to this idea.
Build through the draft!

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:36 am

crazyhorse1 wrote:
1niksder wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:

Why not swap the fouth pick for Baltimore's #25 and this guy. They would have a left tackle and can get a RT with the 25th pick. A guard can be picked with the 36th pick and McCoy might be available in the 3rd. We might have a pick in the 3rd by then, if not go RB in the 4th

Give up a fouth pick for a twenty-fifth and a possible backup QB. You must be a Baltimore fan.

You should try re-reading the previous post bc u clearly didn't understand what was being suggested.
Suck and Luck

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:37 am

CanesSkins26 wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:
1niksder wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:

Give up a fouth pick for a twenty-fifth and a possible backup QB. You must be a Baltimore fan.

You should try re-reading the previous post bc u clearly didn't understand what was being suggested.

You are correct. My bad.

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:09 pm

I think you take Okung at 1 and Lefevour at 2. If Okung is gone, you take Bulaga at one and Lefevour at 2
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:17 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:I think you take Okung at 1 and Lefevour at 2. If Okung is gone, you take Bulaga at one and Lefevour at 2

top of the 2nd is too soon for lefevour
Suck and Luck

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:27 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:I think you take Okung at 1 and Lefevour at 2. If Okung is gone, you take Bulaga at one and Lefevour at 2

Way too soon
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:32 pm

1niksder wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:

Way too soon

I have no idea what to do about a backup quarterback but rather have Collins back then spend a second round pick on anything but Ol.

spudstr04

Postby spudstr04 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:09 pm

1st round: Okung
2nd round: OL
4th round: QB
5th round: RB
6th round: LB
7th round: DB
#21 = Forever in our hearts

Postby yupchagee » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:43 pm

1niksder wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:

#4 pick=1800 pts
#25=720
difference=1080
#15 pick=1050.
Would you trade the #15 overall pick for Gaither?
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010