I Would Love for These to Be Our Top Two Picks

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.

I Would Love for These to Be Our Top Two Picks

Postby jmoss10686 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:31 pm

http://www.pressboxonline.com/blog.cfm?ID=2094

Read this article today and I would absolutely love if we got Jimmy Clausen in the first and Charles Brown in the second. Cody would make sense too. I think it's funny that it even mentions Eric Berry as a possibility at number four though.

Re: I Would Love for These to Be Our Top Two Picks

Postby yupchagee » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:31 pm

jmoss10686 wrote:http://www.pressboxonline.com/blog.cfm?ID=2094

Read this article today and I would absolutely love if we got Jimmy Clausen in the first and Charles Brown in the second. Cody would make sense too. I think it's funny that it even mentions Eric Berry as a possibility at number four though.

Not Clausen. Too many questions about his leadership. Drafting a def. player in 1st or 2nd round makes no sense. Out D is at least respectable. Our O is almost on life support.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:20 am

yupchagee wrote:

Not Clausen. Too many questions about his leadership. Drafting a def. player in 1st or 2nd round makes no sense. Out D is at least respectable. Our O is almost on life support.

:?: :?: :?: :?: almost :?: :?: :?: :?:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:09 am

1niksder wrote:
yupchagee wrote:

:?: :?: :?: :?: almost :?: :?: :?: :?:

:lol: With Chris retiring let's say the OL just flat lined.. ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:42 am

Yeah - no thanks. Clausen makes no sense AT ALL for this year. But I'm also one of a few that thinks that Jason Campbell is decent enough for this season.

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:40 pm

frankcal20 wrote:Yeah - no thanks. Clausen makes no sense AT ALL for this year. But I'm also one of a few that thinks that Jason Campbell is decent enough for this season.

I flat out think Clausen will be a bust. Much of his success last year was due to Golden Tate, who is underrated.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:45 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote:
frankcal20 wrote:Yeah - no thanks. Clausen makes no sense AT ALL for this year. But I'm also one of a few that thinks that Jason Campbell is decent enough for this season.

I flat out think Clausen will be a bust. Much of his success last year was due to Golden Tate, who is underrated.

Good point about Tate helping Clausen out.. kinda like Ronnie Brown and Cadillac with JC
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:57 pm

No matter if we take a QB with the 4 pick or later - at this time Campbell is the best option for QB - he's not very good but he's the best option

I don't see a QB, RB or OL who started a game here in 2008 or 2009 being a part of this franchise in any capacity in 2012
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:34 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:
crazyhorse1 wrote:

Good point about Tate helping Clausen out.. kinda like Ronnie Brown and Cadillac with JC

The difference obviously being that Ronnie Brown and Cadillac were rb's so JC could rely on the running game, whereas Claussen actually had to throw the football.
Suck and Luck

Hog

Got to be tackle

Postby SnyderSucks » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:27 pm

Based on what they have done (or haven't done) I think it indicates they are planning to draft at least one and probably two tackles with the first two picks. If Bradford is available, they might take him and pray to keep him alive the first season, but no way they pass on a tackle to take Clausen at 4. Clausen has all the makings of Ryan Leaf.
With the Cardinals reaching the Super Bowl, is Dan Snyder officially the worst owner in the league?

ch1

Re: Got to be tackle

Postby crazyhorse1 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:05 am

SnyderSucks wrote:Based on what they have done (or haven't done) I think it indicates they are planning to draft at least one and probably two tackles with the first two picks. If Bradford is available, they might take him and pray to keep him alive the first season, but no way they pass on a tackle to take Clausen at 4. Clausen has all the makings of Ryan Leaf.

I agree. The second pick will be an OT. The first will be Bradford or an OT. I am a bit nervous now that we have failed to land Foote. We might be tempted to grab an OT in the first and a LB in the second. I certainly hope not.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:18 am

I hope we can get Bradford or Okung - no matter who we get, after that I hope we take advantage of a draft that reportedly has a lot of potentially good offensive linemen
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

ch1

Postby crazyhorse1 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:35 am

SkinsJock wrote:I hope we can get Bradford or Okung - no matter who we get, after that I hope we take advantage of a draft that reportedly has a lot of potentially good offensive linemen

Having a lot of good defensive linemen means we could still grab a good one in the second, not the fourth. There are no good OL prospects who will last until the fourth. We've got to get our OL prospects in the first two rounds or do without.

Postby yupchagee » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:01 pm

crazyhorse1 wrote:
SkinsJock wrote:I hope we can get Bradford or Okung - no matter who we get, after that I hope we take advantage of a draft that reportedly has a lot of potentially good offensive linemen

Having a lot of good defensive linemen means we could still grab a good one in the second, not the fourth. There are no good OL prospects who will last until the fourth. We've got to get our OL prospects in the first two rounds or do without.

Right. LT in the 1st & best OL still there in the 2nd.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010