Tebow's Our Future Leader Get Used To It

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:18 pm

HAIL

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:48 pm

Or draft him! He looks AWESOME.

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:50 pm

He looks AWESOME

I dare say my highlight reel shows quite a better prospect
HAIL

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:00 pm

PulpExposure wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:Looks like Tebow has a new delivery and the scouts are impressed with what they seen on Floridas pro day.

Now if only someone could teach him how to read a defense, he'd be set!

Thats pretty funny mr sarcastic. :lol:

I am not saying the Skins should draft him or make him high on the priority list. I just think he will turn out to be a good player. That being said I wouldnt cry about the Skins drafting him either.

Besides how do you come to such a conclusion of Tebow not being able to read a defense? The guy had 50 tds in one season. How in the world can he not read a defense.

When a man scores 50 Tds in one season you think you would give him the benefit of the doubt.
Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Hog

Postby Manchester_Redskin » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:30 am

Be funny if he became this years 'mr irrelevant'

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:18 am

HEROHAMO wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:
HEROHAMO wrote:Looks like Tebow has a new delivery and the scouts are impressed with what they seen on Floridas pro day.

I am not saying the Skins should draft him or make him high on the priority list. I just think he will turn out to be a good player. That being said I wouldnt cry about the Skins drafting him either.

Besides how do you come to such a conclusion of Tebow not being able to read a defense? The guy had 50 tds in one season. How in the world can he not read a defense.

When a man scores 50 Tds in one season you think you would give him the benefit of the doubt.

42% of those touchdowns that year were rushes. And that year he had a 3:5 rush:pass ratio. I see the odds stacked against him in the NFL as a QB. He won't be that successful as a rushing QB.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:24 am

HEROHAMO wrote:
PulpExposure wrote:

I don't see anyone disputing that. A young man with his level of discipline, determination, raw talent, and leadership, will ultimately succeed, baring some disaster.

The problem is, he is very raw. He is a multiyear project. The Redskins CANNOT afford to tie up a high pick with a multiyear project.

If he is availible later in the draft, sure. I doubt that he makes it to the 4th round, much less later.

We will not be using our 2nd round pick on Tebow. Looking at him in an individual workout has a purpose, though... it will make other teams that are interested in him more nervous, and help to move him up the draft board. This will increase the chance that a player that we would like at #37 is there. (our "interest" in a certain QB last year may have helped to keep Orakpo on the board last year... bonus!)
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby BigRedskinDaddy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:07 pm

All this quasi-serious talk about us drafting Tebow w/our FIRST RD PICK (or any of our picks, for that matter) makes me think I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue...
SB 17 - 22 - 26 - ??

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:01 pm

Welcome to the Bizarro Universe.

Where the glue is better than cheap... it's free!

And certain people want to trade down for 3 picks, and then to use all of them on Tebow.

Hog

Postby BigRedskinDaddy » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:20 pm

Countertrey wrote:Welcome to the Bizarro Universe.

Where the glue is better than cheap... it's free!

And certain people want to trade down for 3 picks, and then to use all of them on Tebow.

:lol:

- as if we could get him for just 3 picks...now THAT'S crazy.
SB 17 - 22 - 26 - ??

G4L

Postby Gibbs4Life » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:47 am

:lol:

At the end of the day as long as we get our man
HAIL

Hog

Postby Manchester_Redskin » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:19 am

I think Holmgrem sums it up quite well...

The Plain Dealer reported that Browns president Mike Holmgren has reservations about Tebow’s new throwing motion. Holmgren believes he may go back to his old motion when he’s under pressure.

"I just think in the heat of battle guys will usually revert," said Holmgren, who attended Tebow’s pro day earlier this week. "I think, and I told him this, that he was so thinking about his mechanics that at times it looked a little robotic."

Here is the link

Its all well and good Tebow demonstrating his new action in the comfort zone of a work out, quite another when he is about to pummeled into the middle of next week by a couple of maraurding linemen.

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:34 am

Manchester_Redskin wrote:I think Holmgrem sums it up quite well...

The Plain Dealer reported that Browns president Mike Holmgren has reservations about Tebow’s new throwing motion. Holmgren believes he may go back to his old motion when he’s under pressure.

"I just think in the heat of battle guys will usually revert," said Holmgren, who attended Tebow’s pro day earlier this week. "I think, and I told him this, that he was so thinking about his mechanics that at times it looked a little robotic."

Here is the link

Its all well and good Tebow demonstrating his new action in the comfort zone of a work out, quite another when he is about to pummeled into the middle of next week by a couple of maraurding linemen.

Great point by Holmgren. The motion, as much of a problem as it is, isn't even Tebow's biggest problem, which is reading defenses and running an offense. The offense that UF ran with Tebow under Mullen (before he left) and Meyer was nothing close to an NFL offense. It was designed to let Tebow run and to get the ball into the hands of playmaker like Harvin. There wasn't a lot of down field passing and not a lot of complex reads for Tebow to make. In those games where Tebow's running game was shut down or UF got down and had to play catch up, Tebow struggled when the offense became a pass-first offense and just didn't look at all comfortable having to stay in the pocket and make reads.
Suck and Luck

---

Postby Chris Luva Luva » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:38 am

CanesSkins26 wrote:

Here is the link

Great point by Holmgren. The motion, as much of a problem as it is, isn't even Tebow's biggest problem, which is reading defenses and running an offense. The offense that UF ran with Tebow under Mullen (before he left) and Meyer was nothing close to an NFL offense. It was designed to let Tebow run and to get the ball into the hands of playmaker like Harvin. There wasn't a lot of down field passing and not a lot of complex reads for Tebow to make. In those games where Tebow's running game was shut down or UF got down and had to play catch up, Tebow struggled when the offense became a pass-first offense and just didn't look at all comfortable having to stay in the pocket and make reads.

For a team not looking to start him for 1-2 years, he'd be a decent project I guess. He brings some extra to the table but he def doesn't have all primary things as of yet.
Fios - Arbiter of All Positive Knowledge

Kaz - "Was kinda obvious since we all know you're not a moron"

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:04 am

CanesSkins26 wrote:

Here is the link

Y'all know where I stand on Tebow, and what I am about to say does not change that.

I think Holmgren is wrong. New muscle motor patterns can be made permanent.

There is no muscle activity more complicated than speech. When I was very young, I had a significant speech impediment. Working with a very good speech therapist, over many months, that was corrected. I can remember being very conscious of how I formed words... it was mechanical, "robotic". However, over many months, it became completely automatic, to the point that I could no longer duplicate my impediment, no matter how hard I tried. No matter how stressed, I did not revert.

The point is, trained muscle memory becomes permanent after enough repetitions. If Tebow wants to be a quarterback, and can find a team that is willing to wait for him while he trains up, he will, I believe, be a very good one. He clearly has the discipline to make himself be true to his mechanics work, until he is no longer robotic, and he no longer risks slipping back into his old mechanics when the world around him falls apart.

The Redskins, IMO, are not a team that can afford to wait. Tebow will not be a Redskin, not because he can't do it... but because he can't do it quickly enough.

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010