3 and 0 vs Pitt!!!!!

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
Hog

3 and 0 vs Pitt!!!!!

Postby Sir_Monk » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:20 am

Great win last night! The thing I can never get over is how much heart this team has. Down 2-1 in the third with MAF standing on his head, this team just kept coming. Down 2-0 in the shootout, Ovie and Sems with beautiful shots to keep us in it, and Mike Knuble of all people winning the thing!

Obviously the intensity and tempo in the playoffs will be different, but tonight we saw a glimpse of what we should see when the second season rolls around. I am most impressed with the ability of the Caps 3rd and 4th lines ability to create a cycle, as well as take the body and hit. That seemed like the thing that separated both teams last season; the Pens ability to keep the puck in the Caps zone for long stretches and wear down our d along with our inability to play as physical as the Pens. Tonight it seemed like we took it right to them. I loved the video montage of Caps players getting after 87.

Lastly, while I love seeing Ovie score goals, it is really nice that this team has so much depth that they don't need to depend on him to put us on his back like in years past.
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

09 Champ

Postby TeeterSalad » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:14 am

I actually caught the tail end of this game last night, and man that was intense! I usually don't watch too much hockey but tuned in last night, and man was I impressed! Not only with the intensity and entertainment of the game but with the Caps also. It's nice to rout for a team that actually wins for a change. That shootout was incredible!
-2009 Hognostications Champion-
-Hognosti-Bowl V Champion-
-Hognosti-Bowl VI Champion-

RIP ST # 21

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:38 pm

TeeterSalad wrote:I actually caught the tail end of this game last night, and man that was intense! I usually don't watch too much hockey but tuned in last night, and man was I impressed! Not only with the intensity and entertainment of the game but with the Caps also. It's nice to rout for a team that actually wins for a change. That shootout was incredible!

If you think last nights game was intense, wait a few weeks for the playoffs to start. There is nothing like playoff hockey!
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:02 am

ALMOST BEARD TIME MONK!!!!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

09 Champ

Postby TeeterSalad » Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:44 pm

Sir_Monk wrote:
TeeterSalad wrote:I actually caught the tail end of this game last night, and man that was intense! I usually don't watch too much hockey but tuned in last night, and man was I impressed! Not only with the intensity and entertainment of the game but with the Caps also. It's nice to rout for a team that actually wins for a change. That shootout was incredible!

If you think last nights game was intense, wait a few weeks for the playoffs to start. There is nothing like playoff hockey!

I'm excited about that, I will definately tune in and try to catch all the Caps games.
-2009 Hognostications Champion-
-Hognosti-Bowl V Champion-
-Hognosti-Bowl VI Champion-

RIP ST # 21

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:40 pm

This team appears to be built for the playoffs... finally.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:47 pm

One of the few terrible games the Caps have played this entire season, and yet they were still in it right down to the end.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

Return to Washington Sports Teams