Sam Bradford?

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:46 pm

Sounds like Bradford had a pretty good day today. I think its weird though about the Rams having him for another workout three days before the draft. I kind of think that they're trying to deal that pick.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That's all you want? Three ones and a two?.... I said, 'Dan, game on.'" - Vinny
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:57 pm

riggofan wrote:Sounds like Bradford had a pretty good day today. I think its weird though about the Rams having him for another workout three days before the draft. I kind of think that they're trying to deal that pick.

If the Rams are smart, they would follow every path. You should believe both that they are keeping the pick and trading it. In the end, they pick the best option. Nothing is gained by choosing now. In finance we have an expression, an option is better alive then dead. You never give away an option for free no matter how unlikely it is. Same here.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Canes Skin

Postby CanesSkins26 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:17 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
riggofan wrote:Sounds like Bradford had a pretty good day today. I think its weird though about the Rams having him for another workout three days before the draft. I kind of think that they're trying to deal that pick.

If the Rams are smart, they would follow every path. You should believe both that they are keeping the pick and trading it. In the end, they pick the best option. Nothing is gained by choosing now. In finance we have an expression, an option is better alive then dead. You never give away an option for free no matter how unlikely it is. Same here.

True, but if you have the first overall pick you should have a contract in place before the draft so I workout three days before the draft is pretty strange.
Suck and Luck

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:46 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:True, but if you have the first overall pick you should have a contract in place before the draft so I workout three days before the draft is pretty strange.

Getting a contract in place before the draft is a good point. I'm not sure that the workout plan precludes it. First, they want to keep it open to give other teams the time to make them an offer. Also, they could be negotiating and just actually sign him after the workout. They aren't on the clock yet and I don't remember anyone signing the #1 pick this early. They also don't want to blow their leverage with Bradford. Maybe they're going to try to convince him they're considering Tebow with the #1 pick to keep the price down. :lol:
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:16 pm

Last year I was relieved when the Jets got Sanchez. This year I will be relieved if the Rams get Bradford. Our line was awful last year even when Samuels was in the game. Now we've lost him also and the line will get anyone killed. I like Okung at 4 and Saffold or Ducasse in the 2nd.

If we could acquire another 2nd - we could address the QB position if Shanahan likes any of the 2nd round guys like: Lefevour, McCoy, etc.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:23 pm

The Hogster wrote:If we could acquire another 2nd - we could address the QB position if Shanahan likes any of the 2nd round guys like: Lefevour, McCoy, etc.

Good point

:-k How would we acquire another second though, any ideas?

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:34 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
The Hogster wrote:If we could acquire another 2nd - we could address the QB position if Shanahan likes any of the 2nd round guys like: Lefevour, McCoy, etc.

Good point

:lol: I've got a couple.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby Manchester_Redskin » Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:22 pm

If defenses are smart they will test that arm out by dumping him on it a few times

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:29 pm

The Hogster wrote:Last year I was relieved when the Jets got Sanchez. This year I will be relieved if the Rams get Bradford. Our line was awful last year even when Samuels was in the game. Now we've lost him also and the line will get anyone killed. I like Okung at 4 and Saffold or Ducasse in the 2nd.
If we could acquire another 2nd - we could address the QB position if Shanahan likes any of the 2nd round guys like: Lefevour, McCoy, etc.

Let's get all the quotes out early -

"Campbell will look great behind an OK line"
"we should just rebuild the offensive line, any QB will be fine"

I could care less about another OK QB - Campbell and Grossman are "OK QBs" too :lol:

being this close to a QB that is as good as this is just a shame - we'll be able to look back in future years and say - "we really sucked in 2009 but it might have been better if we'd been a little bit worse cause then we could have drafted Bradford" :shock:
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:58 pm

I'm not against building the line but it really is a shame not to have a really good QB
It's taken years for the Redskins to become as bad as we are - there is no way that the team is going to be consistently competitive in the near future, the problems here are complex - we'll win some games but it will take years to be good again

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:52 am

The Hogster wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

Good point

Do any of them start with "Cool" and end with "ey?" :wink:

#######

Postby The Hogster » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:59 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:

Good point

Do any of them start with "Cool" and end with "ey?" :wink:

**slow clap**

**crickets**
SPIT HAPPENS!!

Hog

Postby riggofan » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:22 am

The Hogster wrote:Last year I was relieved when the Jets got Sanchez. This year I will be relieved if the Rams get Bradford. Our line was awful last year even when Samuels was in the game.

I've been feeling that same way since the season ended. But reading more about what Shanahan may be thinking with taking Bradford, I won't be crushed if we take him, especially if Shanahan feels he can be a franchise QB. The Redskins Insider item on it today has some good stuff:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redski ... d-sam.html

I think the biggest thing if we take Bradford is that we don't rush him onto the field this year behind our woeful line. Get what you can from Campbell for another year.

This is DC though. If we're 2-4 to start the season you know people will be HOWLING for the rookie whether it is the right thing to do or not.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:27 am

The Hogster wrote:**slow clap**

**crickets**

That's your insult? How long did you spend coming up with that?

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:06 am

Manchester_Redskin wrote:If defenses are smart they will test that arm out by dumping him on it a few times

yea i'll really be happy if they avoid Bradford. I see no reason he can't be a good qb. I just have reservations about the competition he faced, the fact his team was so good, and most importantly that his throwing shoulder could crumble at any moment
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010