Clausen primer

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:14 am

fleetus wrote:
The Hogster wrote:I'd say "No" to Clausen for this alone.

C'mon. that's gotta be a photoshop job by some college kid. :lol:

Maybe... but, it's awfully hard to photoshop shadows and the angle of the sun...

I'm just sayin....
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Clausen Primer

Postby SKINS#1 » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:50 am

There is a very good article about Clausen on the following web site and it may cause some of you to change your thoughts on him as our QB..

http://walterfootball.com/jimmyclausenhate.php

Hog

Postby riggofan » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:47 pm

I think the biggest knock on Clausen is that Vinny Cerrato loves him.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:54 pm

riggofan wrote:I think the biggest knock on Clausen is that Vinny Cerrato loves him.

The best way to avoid Vinnie's mistakes isn't to contradict his opinion, but to ignore it.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

#######

Postby The Hogster » Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:18 pm

riggofan wrote:I think the biggest knock on Clausen is that Vinny Cerrato loves him.

Exactly. As soon as I read that in the Post today, I thought the same thing. Vinny Cerrato's approval is a kiss of death.
SPIT HAPPENS!!

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:34 am

I really think that Allen and Shanahan are going to take whomever they like and if they think that Claussen is going to become a really good QB they will take him - even if both Cerrato and Snyder think that is a good idea too :D

these guys have a plan and none of it involves any advice or thoughts from the Cerrato and Snyder method of player acquisition
Minds are like parachutes, they only work when they are open

RG3 will benefit from having a full off season to prepare and a better 'fit' at both HC and OC

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:25 am

SkinsJock wrote:I really think that Allen and Shanahan are going to take whomever they like

Bang on. In the end, you will never succeed by doing what other people think you should. You succeed by doing what you think you should. That doesn't mean you don't consider any and all opinions. But the only thing that's certain is that if they do otherwise then this, they will fail.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby fleetus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:49 pm

Countertrey wrote:
fleetus wrote:

Maybe... but, it's awfully hard to photoshop shadows and the angle of the sun...

I'm just sayin....

No, you just photoshop someone else's head onto a body inside a completely different picture and Voila. Instant joke. I give this picture about a 1% chance of being authentic.
Build through the draft!

Hog

Postby fleetus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:00 pm

The Hogster wrote:

Exactly. As soon as I read that in the Post today, I thought the same thing. Vinny Cerrato's approval is a kiss of death.

I think it might show Cerrato's limits to talent evaluation that he alsways has a soft spot for Notre Dame players. If you're going to be good as a GM or Scout, you have to throw out those favoritisms completely.
Build through the draft!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:35 pm

fleetus wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
fleetus wrote:

I'm just sayin....

No, you just photoshop someone else's head onto a body inside a completely different picture and Voila. Instant joke. I give this picture about a 1% chance of being authentic.

Guess we disagree... the shadows and light angles on the torso and face match. I give it 80%

of course, they probably don't have a lot to do with their time up at the Michigan State Visual Arts program...

:wink:

Postby djactionman » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:22 pm

I actually think that Todd McShay's approval is the kiss of death. But then if Todd McShay is all over your jock, then that means you are already a loser.

Clausen is likely the most NFL ready in this class, he's actually really incredible. He receives far too much hate, and if he was from USC he'd be Mark Sanchez. Oh well.

At the four position if Okung is there you take him and you don't even look at anyone else I think. That is a ten year investment, totally worth it.
If he is gone you are weighing the other OTs who aren't near as good as Okung versus Clausen. Bruce Campbell and Bryan Bulaga with the #4? I'm not sure. They are top 15s or top 10s, four may be a reach.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:39 pm

if he was from USC he'd be Mark Sanchez.

That's perfect... 'cause Sanchez got about as much love here last year. There was cheering here when the Jets took him!

I think that folks know that Clausen has talent... I thing we also think he's a major reach at 4, and would be a huge gamble there. The Redskins are not in a position that they can gamble with that pick.

If Okung is gone, and the Rams take whom everyone expects them to take, I think the Redskins will attempt to trade down. If unsuccessful, I would not be surprised to see the Redskins take the highest ranked player on their board, regardless of position. I suspect that would be either the remaining DT (probably McCoy) or Berry... but they could also go Bulaga.

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:13 pm

Countertrey wrote:
if he was from USC he'd be Mark Sanchez.

That's perfect... 'cause Sanchez got about as much love here last year. There was cheering here when the Jets took him!

I think that folks know that Clausen has talent... I thing we also think he's a major reach at 4, and would be a huge gamble there. The Redskins are not in a position that they can gamble with that pick.

If Okung is gone, and the Rams take whom everyone expects them to take, I think the Redskins will attempt to trade down. If unsuccessful, I would not be surprised to see the Redskins take the highest ranked player on their board, regardless of position. I suspect that would be either the remaining DT (probably McCoy) or Berry... but they could also go Bulaga.

I'm totally with you on Clausen, but for some godforsaken reason, Kiper has Clausen actually ranked as a better QB prospect than Bradford.

I think Mel finally went off the deep end.

Postby djactionman » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:10 am

Berry is one of the best players in this draft, Safety might be a bit of a reach at #4 for a GM, but with Shanny making the calls there is some safety. The old Redskins days seem to be over. I'd like to say you trade down to get a better price on an offensive lineman, but I don't know how far down you can go and still get the same quality. O-line is pretty deep early on in this pool, so it doesn't drop of like a cliff, but it certainly drops in steps, you have like Okung, then a step down is the next couple, then another step, etc. But ppl need linemen, and the value is good because they are on your roster for so long, it is worth the money. second to QB, O-line should be the most important.

Hog

Postby riggofan » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:34 pm

djactionman wrote:Clausen is likely the most NFL ready in this class, he's actually really incredible. He receives far too much hate

Fair point, you could be right! Honestly if Shanahan wants Clausen, I won't have a problem with it.

I'm sure the honeymoon will end at some point, but just knowing Snyder/Cerrato aren't in control of our draft board fills me with optimism.

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010