The NFP Super 30

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

The NFP Super 30

Postby 1niksder » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:53 pm

The NFP Super 30

With the 2010 NFL Draft just one week away in New York, here is the National Football Post’s latest Super 30:

1. DT Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska (6-4, 302)
Potential blue-chip defensive tackles are tough to come by, and Suh grades out as the best overall player in this year’s draft class.

2. DT Gerald McCoy, Oklahoma (6-4, 298)
McCoy has the ability to consistently beat blocks vs. both the run and pass game and is one of the few instant impact-caliber defenders in this draft.

3. S Eric Berry, Tennessee (5-11, 203)
One of the most instinctive safeties to come along in years; looks like a real ball-hawk-type defensive back at the next level.

4. C Maurkice Pouncey, Florida (6-5, 304)
Exhibits a unique combination of power and fluidity for his size. Is capable of starting from day one and becoming one of the premier players at this position in the NFL.

5. OT Russell Okung, Oklahoma State (6-5, 302)
Looks effortless in pass protection, plays with impressive flexibility and length, and is the draft’s most NFL-ready left tackle.

6. RB Jahvid Best, California (5-10, 199)
Best is the draft’s most dynamic runner in my opinion and could have more of an impact than any other rookie in the class.

7. ILB Rolando McClain, Alabama (6-4, 256)
Possesses an impressive athletic skill set for the position and has the ability to instantly make an impact in a 3-4 scheme.

8. RB C.J. Spiller, Clemson (5-11, 195)
A game-changing threat every time he gets his hands on the football; looks like a Felix Jones-type runner at the next level.

9. OG Mike Iupati, Idaho (6-5, 330)
Makes everything look easy inside. Possesses an impressive blend of size, power and fluidity for the position and is one of the most physically gifted guard prospects to come along in years.

10. OT Charles Brown, USC (6-5, 292)
He not only exhibits the footwork to consistently mirror in pass protection, he’s also very natural on the move in the run game and looks ideally suited to play left tackle in a zone-blocking scheme.

11. WR Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State (6-2, 220)
From a pure talent perspective, the guy is a potential blue-chipper. But there are major concerns about his overall maturity and ability to keep his nose clean once he receives his paycheck.

12. TE Aaron Hernandez, Florida (6-2, 250)
A potential dynamic threat in the pass game at the next level, in the Dallas Clark-type mold.

13. QB Sam Bradford, Oklahoma (6-4, 236)
Possesses the accuracy, arm strength and leadership capabilities to project as a potential franchise quarterback.

14. OT Bryan Bulaga, Iowa (6-6, 312)
Never quite regained his form from 2008, but he now looks healthy and is certainly capable of anchoring the left side of an offensive line for many years.

15. DE Derrick Morgan, Georgia Tech (6-3, 266)
Possesses the tools to get after the quarterback in a variety of ways off the edge and is an ideal fit as an every-down defensive end in a 4-3 scheme.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:25 pm

that's interesting! 2 guys from FL and 2 from the ACC but nobody from the U :lol:
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Hog

Postby riggofan » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:01 pm

One of the most instinctive safeties to come along in years; looks like a real ball-hawk-type defensive back at the next level.

I was reading or hearing that the Eagles are really interested in Berry, but he's not likely going to be there at 25 or whatever they pick.

Would you trade the Skins #4 for the Eagles 25,37 and maybe a 4th/5th rounder or something like that?

Here's the Eagles related article btw:
http://eaglesmix.com/2010/04/eagles-wan ... berry.html

I haven't heard any speculation like that but just curious what you thought. Obviously we could use Okung. But we could probably use two early round picks just as much.

Postby yupchagee » Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:47 pm

riggofan wrote:

I was reading or hearing that the Eagles are really interested in Berry, but he's not likely going to be there at 25 or whatever they pick.

Would you trade the Skins #4 for the Eagles 25,37 and maybe a 4th/5th rounder or something like that?

Here's the Eagles related article btw:
http://eaglesmix.com/2010/04/eagles-wan ... berry.html

I haven't heard any speculation like that but just curious what you thought. Obviously we could use Okung. But we could probably use two early round picks just as much.

#4=1800

#24=740
#37=530
total= 1270.

Ad in their 2nd rnd pick (#55) =350 & their 3rd (#87)=155
total is now 1775, getting close. Maybe juggle some later picks to make up the difference.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:28 pm

SkinsJock wrote:that's interesting! 2 guys from FL and 2 from the ACC but nobody from the U :lol:

Get ready to duck! :lol:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:05 pm

I'm not sure the Eagles want to do that but I do think the Redskins would like 4 top 100 picks if they could get them :D
RG3 is now learning how to play QB in the NFL - Mike & Kyle did not help with the transition

Jay & Sean are going to make it happen ... "He has the ability and the desire, he just has to do it.” - J Gruden

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010