Skins Round 1 Scenarios (to name a few)

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
Hog

Postby fleetus » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:09 pm

frankcal20 wrote:...to continue:

#4 - We move up by using Haynesworth to pick up Bradford and them move him to a team like Seattle for their two first round picks and maybe another mid round like a 4th. We can pick up a lineman in the 1st and then one of the stud CB's, a safety, LB or even a QB like Tebow as a future project player/trick play guy.

I thought about this. Similar to the trade with Detroit idea. But why does STL do it? Why wouldn't they rather just trade down with Seattle or SF? Haynesworth again maybe? I think their fans might riot they've been worked up into such a Bradford frenzy.
Build through the draft!

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:14 pm

The GM of StL said yesterday that the fan's would be happy. There's also a lot of fans out there that are upset that it's been rumored that Bradford does not want to play in StL. There's also a lot of people out there want Okung too because regardless of who's behind center, he needs to be protected and McCoy could be a better fit anyways.

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:41 pm

Man, I heard a rumor that the Redskins could offer Haynesworth, Landry and the 4th for the #1 overall... :puke: I would be seriously upset if that happened.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:43 pm

Never listen to rumors on draft day... you'll end up on drugs.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

^^^^^^^

Postby frankcal20 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:09 pm

Skinsfan55 wrote:Man, I heard a rumor that the Redskins could offer Haynesworth, Landry and the 4th for the #1 overall... :puke: I would be seriously upset if that happened.

I don't see how moving to the #1 for a player like Bradford makes any sense at all. Now if we were planning on taking out one of those players and using McNabb there, well then it would make more sense b/c then you could just have JC run the team this year and sit Bradford. I like having a rookie sit and watch a year to learn the NFL game. But I see that less than a 5% chance.

Hog

Postby fleetus » Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:23 pm

In my original post, I said i don't see any trade down options for the Skins because there isn't enough demand for the players available at #4. Berry being the most interesting, but I said i don't see a team using a top 4 pick on a safety.

Well, I just read in the Cleveland Plain Dealer that Holmgren wants Berry and fears either KC or Seattle will pick him. This could mean Cleveland might be interested in giving up a pick or two to move up to #4. Cleveland Drafts Berry and Washington moves down to 7 and takes the best LT still on the board between Okung, Williams and Bulaga.

This is an example where the draft value charts go right out the window. If the Skins really want to add some more draft picks and don't see much difference in the value between the top three LT's, they have nothing to lose and might accept a little less than your standard 300 point late 2nd round pick. By the way, Cleveland has three 3rd round picks.
Build through the draft!

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010