Jason Campbell traded to Oakland

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
#######
Posts: 7224
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:13 pm
Location: Washington D.C.

Postby The Hogster » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:55 am

Deadskins wrote:
The Hogster wrote:
Deadskins wrote:NFL network is reporting only the 2012 4th rounder, which I don't understand. Why didn't we at least get something next year? And for being so far off, a 4th rounder is really low compensation.


If there is no draft next year, due to the labor situation then what?

I still think there would be a draft, the lockout wouldn't occur until August or September. But if they didn't have a draft in 2011, then we got McNabb for a 2nd rounder only. :P


Yep. I think you are right. It's a lot of uncertainty surrounding the possible lockout and the implications on the draft, free agency, etc. Hopefully there is no lockout. I can barely make the offseason without football.
SPIT HAPPENS!!
___________________________

+++++++++
Posts: 5225
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:21 am

Postby Skinsfan55 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:02 am

I still say a lockout makes zero sense. They'll come to an agreement.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 469
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Ex-Brit now living in Thailand

Postby Manchester_Redskin » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:17 am

Skinsfan55 wrote:I still say a lockout makes zero sense. They'll come to an agreement.


They said the same about the NHL.

The last two times we had a labor dispute we won the superbowl .... get them gates locked :lol:

+++++++++
Posts: 5225
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2004 11:21 am

Postby Skinsfan55 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:22 am

Manchester_Redskin wrote:
Skinsfan55 wrote:I still say a lockout makes zero sense. They'll come to an agreement.


They said the same about the NHL.

The last two times we had a labor dispute we won the superbowl .... get them gates locked :lol:


Yeah, and look what happened to the NHL. It absolutely crippled them. I think that was a lesson on lockouts. I don't see why anyone would do it again.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

cleg
Posts: 2635
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:58 am
Location: Deep in the Heart of Giants Territory

Postby cleg » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:36 am

I think the Raiders will be much better than people think and Jason is going to be a big part of that. It would not surprise me at all if they make the playoffs next season. So Jason haters might have to see him in the playoffs while we sit home (mainly because of our division and schedule). I hope he does well and that people on this board debate for years that we should have kept him.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

kazoo
Posts: 10195
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:46 am

cleg wrote:I think the Raiders will be much better than people think and Jason is going to be a big part of that. It would not surprise me at all if they make the playoffs next season. So Jason haters might have to see him in the playoffs while we sit home (mainly because of our division and schedule). I hope he does well and that people on this board debate for years that we should have kept him.

Sure cleg, if we think he's not a good quarterback that means we "hate" him. :roll:
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

the 'mudge
Online
Posts: 14324
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:54 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
cleg wrote:I think the Raiders will be much better than people think and Jason is going to be a big part of that. It would not surprise me at all if they make the playoffs next season. So Jason haters might have to see him in the playoffs while we sit home (mainly because of our division and schedule). I hope he does well and that people on this board debate for years that we should have kept him.

Sure cleg, if we think he's not a good quarterback that means we "hate" him. :roll:

Probably all those Philly fans, rubbing off... :wink:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

cleg
Posts: 2635
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:58 am
Location: Deep in the Heart of Giants Territory

Postby cleg » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:50 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
cleg wrote:I think the Raiders will be much better than people think and Jason is going to be a big part of that. It would not surprise me at all if they make the playoffs next season. So Jason haters might have to see him in the playoffs while we sit home (mainly because of our division and schedule). I hope he does well and that people on this board debate for years that we should have kept him.

Sure cleg, if we think he's not a good quarterback that means we "hate" him. :roll:


You are deluded if you think 90% of what is represented on this board is just people expressing thier opinions that he is not a good QB.
Drinking the Kool-Aid again...

JSPB22
User avatar
Posts: 15879
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:03 am
Location: Location, LOCATION!

Postby Deadskins » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:55 am

cleg wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
cleg wrote:I think the Raiders will be much better than people think and Jason is going to be a big part of that. It would not surprise me at all if they make the playoffs next season. So Jason haters might have to see him in the playoffs while we sit home (mainly because of our division and schedule). I hope he does well and that people on this board debate for years that we should have kept him.

Sure cleg, if we think he's not a good quarterback that means we "hate" him. :roll:


You are deluded if you think 90% of what is represented on this board is just people expressing thier opinions that he is not a good QB.

Actually, I've been surprised by the number of people here expressing hopes that he succeeds in Oakland and wishing him well. Certainly not the view of haters.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.


Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

kazoo
Posts: 10195
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:56 am

cleg wrote:You are deluded if you think 90% of what is represented on this board is just people expressing thier opinions that he is not a good QB.

Maybe you should have read all the discussions where despite how strongly his play was criticized it was noteworthy how much defense he got as being a good teammate, having a good attitude, taking a beating and getting back in and not blaming or pointing fingers. That was so clear cleg, you have the 90/10 backwards. And it frankly is OBVIOUS if you actually read the discussion and the virtual dearth of personal attacks against him. Try reading the discussions of personal criticisms of guys like AH, Rocky, LJ and you'll see a whole lot of comments about their character you just rarely see in the JC discussions. Of course you have to leave your agenda at the door to see it.
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

**********
User avatar
Posts: 16744
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:02 pm

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
cleg wrote:You are deluded if you think 90% of what is represented on this board is just people expressing thier opinions that he is not a good QB.

Maybe you should have read all the discussions where despite how strongly his play was criticized it was noteworthy how much defense he got as being a good teammate, having a good attitude, taking a beating and getting back in and not blaming or pointing fingers. That was so clear cleg, you have the 90/10 backwards. And it frankly is OBVIOUS if you actually read the discussion and the virtual dearth of personal attacks against him. Try reading the discussions of personal criticisms of guys like AH, Rocky, LJ and you'll see a whole lot of comments about their character you just rarely see in the JC discussions. Of course you have to leave your agenda at the door to see it.

I left my agenda at the door once....

Look at me now :lol:

There are a few "haters" out there, but they mostly hate poor QB play from ANY Redskins QB, JC plays for Oakland now so no reason for him to be hatted on :wink:
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

kazoo
Posts: 10195
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:07 pm

1niksder wrote:I left my agenda at the door once....

Look at me now :lol:

There are a few "haters" out there, but they mostly hate poor QB play from ANY Redskins QB, JC plays for Oakland now so no reason for him to be hatted on :wink:

That hatted on discussion was funny.

Since you can't find your town of homerville, I guess that's why you can't find your agenda since you left that at the door and you can't find the door! But if you do find homerville one day you'll get your agenda back! Do you live sort of like Keith Carradine, all your worldly possessions in the bag on your shoulder?
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

^^^^^^^
Posts: 9009
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2004 4:52 pm

Postby frankcal20 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 12:11 pm

Good post - simple and to the point!!!

the 'mudge
Online
Posts: 14324
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sun Apr 25, 2010 5:11 pm

1niksder wrote:
KazooSkinsFan wrote:
cleg wrote:You are deluded if you think 90% of what is represented on this board is just people expressing thier opinions that he is not a good QB.

Maybe you should have read all the discussions where despite how strongly his play was criticized it was noteworthy how much defense he got as being a good teammate, having a good attitude, taking a beating and getting back in and not blaming or pointing fingers. That was so clear cleg, you have the 90/10 backwards. And it frankly is OBVIOUS if you actually read the discussion and the virtual dearth of personal attacks against him. Try reading the discussions of personal criticisms of guys like AH, Rocky, LJ and you'll see a whole lot of comments about their character you just rarely see in the JC discussions. Of course you have to leave your agenda at the door to see it.

I left my agenda at the door once....

Look at me now :lol:

There are a few "haters" out there, but they mostly hate poor QB play from ANY Redskins QB, JC plays for Oakland now so no reason for him to be hatted on :wink:


I hatted on Fios once... I had no idea he actually dressed like that...
Image
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

One Step Away
Posts: 7652
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:31 am
Location: NoVA

Postby VetSkinsFan » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:16 am

Anyone who's been around knows I'm sad to see JC go. I think he's partially a victim of circumstances, and in a stable system with an actual NFL grade oline, he's going to surprise people.

I have, however, hoped that he'll go somewhere else and get a fresh start. He's still young enough. I believe that he can beat out what's in LA and do well.

It's been said that the Raiders had a good draft. The have speed and talent in WR/RB and I think he'll do okay. HTTR. Good luck Jason!
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010