Skins 2010 = success

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
spudstr04

Postby spudstr04 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:53 pm

Deadskins wrote:
spudstr04 wrote:I know that he was viewed as a project and he was a combine king, but Bruce Campbell is still out there....is he worth the risk as a 4th rounder??? He was projected to be a top-10 pick a few weeks ago.....crazy!

Other possibilities in 4th round:

Joe McKnight RB USC
Eric Norwood OLB S. Carolina
Perry Riley OLB LSU
Tony Pike QB CINN
Jonathan Dwyer RB GA Tech
LaGarrette Blount RB Oregon
Selvish Capers OT W. VA

There's still A LOT of talent in the draft....I wouldn't mind seeing another OL taken, but Joe McKnight could really add some speed to our RB core.

Good call, dude.

I got Selvish right too, just got him in the 7th round. I was really impressed by our draft. We got a lot of talent in positions we need. Shanny and Allen did a good job with the late picks and the trading back for more was obviously smart.
#21 = Forever in our hearts

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:33 am

This was a very deep draft, so moving back to get more was an excellent call...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Thu May 06, 2010 9:17 am

Countertrey wrote:This was a very deep draft, so moving back to get more was an excellent call...

Amen. :up:
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

Postby yupchagee » Thu May 06, 2010 2:25 pm

Countertrey wrote:This was a very deep draft, so moving back to get more was an excellent call...

In the 7th round it means very little, as most of those players would be available after the draft.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu May 06, 2010 2:32 pm

The logic defies me... as all players selected in the 7th round are, in fact, NOT availible to any except the team that selected them... Explain, then, how they would have been availible "after" the draft?

Postby yupchagee » Thu May 06, 2010 8:16 pm

Countertrey wrote:The logic defies me... as all players selected in the 7th round are, in fact, NOT availible to any except the team that selected them... Explain, then, how they would have been availible "after" the draft?

I mean that had we not drafted them, they probably would have gone undrafted.

Take Capers for example. he had been passed on 230 times before we picked him. Had we not, he would probably have been passed on 24 more times.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri May 07, 2010 8:35 am

yupchagee wrote:
Countertrey wrote:The logic defies me... as all players selected in the 7th round are, in fact, NOT availible to any except the team that selected them... Explain, then, how they would have been availible "after" the draft?

I mean that had we not drafted them, they probably would have gone undrafted.

Take Capers for example. he had been passed on 230 times before we picked him. Had we not, he would probably have been passed on 24 more times.

You have to also look at it as there's 24 more x's he COULD'VE been picked up too.. kinda like glass half empty/full thing.. I think that's what CT means?
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri May 07, 2010 9:22 am

Actually, what I meant was, I suspect that at the time they picked, these guys were the best available that met a need... Look, you have the picks... you use them on a player that you want. At this point in the draft, you are looking for leakers, and sleepers. The same "logic" could be applied to any player taken then... but obviously, players were also going to be selected AFTER we made our picks...so SOMEONE was not going to still be there after the draft. If there are players that YOU want to get... you take them. Once the draft is done, even if the player is still there, it does not mean he will sign with you.

Capers was listed by many as worthy in the 3rd round. What's the problem? Maybe I'm dense, but I just don't get it.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Fri May 07, 2010 11:34 am

Countertrey wrote:Actually, what I meant was, I suspect that at the time they picked, these guys were the best available that met a need... Look, you have the picks... you use them on a player that you want. At this point in the draft, you are looking for leakers, and sleepers. The same "logic" could be applied to any player taken then... but obviously, players were also going to be selected AFTER we made our picks...so SOMEONE was not going to still be there after the draft. If there are players that YOU want to get... you take them. Once the draft is done, even if the player is still there, it does not mean he will sign with you.

Capers was listed by many as worthy in the 3rd round. What's the problem? Maybe I'm dense, but I just don't get it.

Ok I get it.. my explanation was better but whatever.. jerk.. :lol: sike naw jus playin
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010