Caps Playoffs 2010

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:49 pm

Halak stood on his head, and it took the best possible effort from the Habs to force game six. I see us ending it and ending it early on Monday night.

I still hate Mike Green's lack of effort. Not to mention, Thomas Fleishman has been god awful in this series. I'd love to see Scott Walker dress over him for the next game.
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:59 am

Gabby is not pleased.

"The other reason is that we're not getting 20 guys playing. We're getting 13 and 14 guys every night, rather than everybody coming to play. Tonight we had five or six passengers again."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 00016.html
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:26 pm

done done done. I have herd this sad song before, we are cooked.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:08 am

Sir_Monk wrote:done done done. I have herd this sad song before, we are cooked.

I'm with you, because frankly, I don't know what the Caps are going to do now.

They poured on the pressure last night. They peppered Halak with 54 shots and came away with one goal to show for their effort; and that was from Eric Fehr.

The only play I questioned from last night was Ovie's pass to Knuble on the two-on-one. Ovie was in the clear, coulda deked inside and put the puck top corner, but he passed instead.

The passing wasn't necessarily crisp at times last night (some overskating, and some leads were too long) but they generated scoring chances all night long, they just couldn't make any deposits in net.

Halak was spectacular. He didn't give up many rebounds, and when he did (on rare occasions), he usually landed on them.

If there is any good news to be had, it's that the last time Halak had this kind of performance it was games one and two, and the Caps chased him out of net in game three.

Here's hoping lightning strikes twice...
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:58 am

Bob 0119 wrote:

I'm with you, because frankly, I don't know what the Caps are going to do now.

They poured on the pressure last night. They peppered Halak with 54 shots and came away with one goal to show for their effort; and that was from Eric Fehr.

The only play I questioned from last night was Ovie's pass to Knuble on the two-on-one. Ovie was in the clear, coulda deked inside and put the puck top corner, but he passed instead.

The passing wasn't necessarily crisp at times last night (some overskating, and some leads were too long) but they generated scoring chances all night long, they just couldn't make any deposits in net.

Halak was spectacular. He didn't give up many rebounds, and when he did (on rare occasions), he usually landed on them.

If there is any good news to be had, it's that the last time Halak had this kind of performance it was games one and two, and the Caps chased him out of net in game three.

Here's hoping lightning strikes twice...

What was amazing, with all the shots they had, it seemed they had few secondary scoring chances after Halak stopped the initial shot. Not all, but most of the team still wont go to the net, and it took Fehr getting a penalty before they started running at Halak. No doubt, Halak stood on his head, the save on Corvo coming to mind, but a lot of his stops were snapshots taken right at him.

What it really comes down to, in this series, it has taken the Caps getting pushed by the Habs for them to respond with any sense of urgency. The last two games, we were down 2-0 before the team showed any real signs of life. I simply don' t understand why BB refuses to adjust to anything the Habs throw at us, the same patterns continue through each game and BB seems unwilling to play the team against Montreal's weaknesses. What is really infuriating is during our home games, seeing our stars come out on the face-off opposed by their top defensive parings. How many times has Hal Gill been out there off the draw with Ovechkin on the ice? I understand we don't get the benefit of the last change on the road but why does the coaching staff toss our best players out against their best? Why not get our best players in an easier position to score.

I like BB, I like GMGM, and respect what they have done for this franchise. I just don't think that BB especially, is the coach that will put us in a position to win the cup. I think he has coached the team as far as they can go under his leadership. If we do go down Wednesday, I hope BB is shown the door.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:07 pm

I'm not ready to fire Boudreau just yet, even if they lose tomorrow.

I remember Hanolin and don't want to risk going back to those days.
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:17 pm

Can't help but feel this way myself. What good is a record-setting regular season if you can't be bothered to show up for the playoffs?

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:22 pm

Caps playoff hockey... at it's best!
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:15 pm

:puke:

Halak > Caps the last two.

I hope his magic is confiscated in customs.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:05 am

:puke:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:46 pm

thanks Mike Green, heck of an effort out there!

Fire Bruce Boudreau

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:51 pm

I don't get why the Caps don't crash the net any more then they do. THe best scoring chances they had was down low, stop shooting from the circles. Keith Jones just pointed it out in the intermission, why does BB still throw Ovechkin out there against Hal Gill, we have the last change on face offs.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:42 pm

One more period Bruce/

Fire Bruce Boudreau

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:31 pm

Someplace Larry Murphy and Kevin Hatcher smile as Mike Green joins the list of worthless Caps playoff defensemen.
Way to go Caps!!!

Fire Bruce Boudreau

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:00 pm

Add '10 to the list of '87, '92, '95 of blown 3-1 leads. I'm not sure why, but this team is the most jinxed franchise in sports. I appreciate what BB has done for us, but he cannot take us to the next level. This team needs a Mike Keenan type of coach, a disciplinarian who will shake up the room, to make this team a Cup contender. What a waste, what an embarrassment.I'm amazed the Verizon crowd did not boo any louder when they skated off the ice.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

Return to Washington Sports Teams