Caps Playoffs 2010

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
Hog

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:04 pm

I'm speechless. How pathetic. I hope we let Semin walk this offseason. He got payed $5 million to disappear at the most crucial time of the season. And I hope we shop Green. Get a defenseman that actually knows how to play DEFENSE. He is terrible in the playoffs when you actually need to play tough defense. How many goals was he responsible for allowing in this series? I would like to know. If it weren't for him we may have shut them out tonight. He took a terrible penalty and made a horrible defensive play on the 2nd goal. Why doesn't Bodreau have the guts to bench him? We need players that know what it takes to win in the playoffs and have won Cups before.

I was almost expecting this and yet it still makes me mad. And why did we wait until there was 2 minutes left to crash the net? Thats how you score in the playoffs, down low, dirty goals.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:11 am

:(
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

09 Champ

Postby TeeterSalad » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:17 am

It's my fault; I started watching and they started losing.

I'm pretty sure I'm cursed as a fan of professional sports.
-2009 Hognostications Champion-
-Hognosti-Bowl V Champion-
-Hognosti-Bowl VI Champion-

RIP ST # 21

cappster

Postby Cappster » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:31 am

Another CAPITAL failure in the nation's capital. The give us hope and it always comes crashing down. Washington area sports teams seem like they are doomed for misery.
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6870, FTW!

Hog Bowl II Champion (2010)

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:41 am

I blame Obama.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:42 am

Well, the Caps set one more record before the season was over; They are now the first #1 seed to lose to the #8 seed after leading the series three games to one.

:puke:
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:50 am

Bob 0119 wrote:Well, the Caps set one more record before the season was over; They are now the first #1 seed to lose to the #8 seed after leading the series three games to one.

:puke:

We (Wings) preceded you though in winning the President's Cup and going out in the first round...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:25 am

JansenFan wrote:I blame Obama.

I blame George W. Bush because he screwed up the economy and I had no money to go watch the games at the phone booth in person... you add that with Teeter watching the games and we were doomed from the start.

Unbelievable.. I'm still stunned.. hurt.. confused.. saddened.. angry.. FURIOUS!!!

1st Goal- :roll:
2nd Goal- #-o
3rd Goal *our one*- 8-[

6 on 4 (empty net)- -drinking
They cleared the puck down our side- ](*,)
Game over (so is season)- :puke:

Turning on 92.7 (Mike & Mike)- ;furious;
Coming into work and security guard (cow fan) saying, damn dude, your guys suck- :explode:

I don't think I can contribute anything else about that series. Hockey is done for me until next season. I still love our team and I hope Bruce doesn't get the ax. See you gents/ladies next season (or in another thread).
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

The Punisher

Postby Bob 0119 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:34 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
Unbelievable.. I'm still stunned.. hurt.. confused.. saddened.. angry.. FURIOUS!!!

1st Goal- :roll:
2nd Goal- #-o
3rd Goal *our one*- 8-[

6 on 4 (empty net)- -drinking
They cleared the puck down our side- ](*,)
Game over (so is season)- :puke:

Turning on 92.7 (Mike & Mike)- ;furious;
Coming into work and security guard (cow fan) saying, damn dude, your guys suck- :explode:

I don't think I can contribute anything else about that series. Hockey is done for me until next season. I still love our team and I hope Bruce doesn't get the ax. See you gents/ladies next season (or in another thread).

I think you captured it perfectly here Joe....
“If you grow up in metro Washington, you grow up a diehard Redskins fan. But if you hate your parents, you grow up a Cowboys fan.”-Jim Lachey

Hog

Postby Sir_Monk » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:51 am

Coming into work and security guard (cow fan) saying, damn dude, your guys suck-

Dude, no one at work cared about hockey until the Caps started their slide. Today its, "you guys suck!" :explode:

worst of all, its what four months? from the start of the NFL season.

this made me laugh though.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/
Bruce has the authority. When Bruce makes the decision, it's a Redskins decision.

Fire Bruce Boudreau

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:53 pm

This is the reason I can't "invest" my heart in this team's post-season. It does not matter how good they are through the regular season... once the post begins... they suck.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:37 pm

To make matters worse the Pens destroyed Montreal tonight.

I had a feeling this would happen. If you look at a lot of our shots they were not quality attempts. We put a lot of pucks on goal but not very many quality shots. Our defense tried to play physical but lets face it we are not a physical team and because of that we were out of position a lot.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sat May 01, 2010 8:04 am

Same weakness that killed us last year. Maybe this is the year we finally accumulate some better, physical defense?
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

Return to Washington Sports Teams