last movie you've seen ??

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Tue May 25, 2010 10:16 pm

cool, i'll check it out
No Pressure, No Diamonds

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed May 26, 2010 7:46 pm

I was just watching a movie called "Soloman Kane" and the audio/visual started messing up. Dag gone free stuff! Anyways I'd like to finish it if I can find it on one that works.

Action/Adventure/Fantasy- Set in 1600 AD (LOL.. I know I know) and its about Soloman Kane who is just evil, thinks he's the devil.. greedy and full of hatred. So he ends up meeting the devil's reaper and it tells him that he's here to collect his soul and how he sold his soul to the devil.. yadayada. Kane gets away and turns good and peaceful refusing to ever fight again which is the only way the devil can't take his soul. If he fights again the reaper will come to collect eventually. This movie has demons, a witch, ghosts, zombies, the devil's henchmen.. and since I havent seen the whole thing I think its a safe guess to say the devil himself. Swords and stuff like that for this one too and the killings are cool, as creative as you can get when its all been done before.

I give this movie from what I've seen so far a 3.5 outta 5. I think I rate it that high because I have always loved the concept of someone evil turning super good and helping people.. fantasy being my favorite genre as well.

It's not a Harry Potter type movie either, its plenty of killing and sort of gruesome but not over the top. Though I like it so far, it still can't compare to the other movie I wrote about, Valhalla Rising.

Good day ladies and gents!

8)
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed May 26, 2010 7:51 pm

skinsfan#33 wrote:
redskinz4ever wrote:watched WALK HARD last night pretty funny movie also SUPERBAD also funny both get 7.5

"Superbad" was super bad. 3 out 10! I'm just glad it was given to me as a gift and I didn't waste $4.50 renting it.

I just caught this.. you didn't "Laugh Your A Off" for Superbad??

^^^^^

Postby patjam77 » Wed May 26, 2010 10:17 pm

If anyone is into zombie movies like me there are 2 that you must see. Dead Snow and Doghouse

Dead Snow= Nazi Zombies!
Doghouse= Hilarious!

^^^^^

Postby patjam77 » Thu May 27, 2010 4:40 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:Just saw a movie called "Valhalla Rising".

First it's a movie that's set in 1000 AD and its.. well its just flippin crazy. I think you'll probably want to read about it on the internet because I can't really give you the full scope of it. It relates to people leaving europe in search of the holy land.. or new land and gonna make the natives christians.. and and and.. like.. there's a bunch of hardcore killing scenes in the movie and the main character has one eye.. his name is one eye.. he's a mute with one eye.. right? crazy right? dude kicks butt throughout the whole.. wiat a sec..time out, the more I talk about it the more I'll give it up. You have to know your history a lil bit but at the same time put it away, does that make sense? It's a version of the settlement days but about 500 years before that. I read the comments from the paticular website I saw it on and they hate it (so I recommend when you read about it use one of those real deal movie sites with respected movie watcher people.. LOL). The movie though is soooo deep that it's definitely not for many people under I'd say 18.

The movie is only 90min so if you want to see some hardcore killing scenes with axes, spears, rocks, swords, etc (if you can't take scenes like Old Country than don't watch this)... I also left out major details in this one even after all my ramblings... I give it 5 stars, or 4 if you do the 4 star thing, 2 thumbs AND 2 big toes up. I loved the ending the best but the movie was awesome for real, not for fake, for real. If you have time, DEFINITELY watch this movie..

Here's the site I watched it on and just click the play button in the middle of the black box that says Movie2k.com in the middle of your screen. DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR PUSH ANYTHING ELSE ON THE PAGE. I don't know if anything else on the page are legit or not but my cousin said he never has and he recommends I don't too. Plus I wouldn't post it on THN if it wasn't legit...or you can just rent it..LOL

http://www.movie2k.com/movie-142892-Valhalla-Rising-film.html

..hmmm, Redskins anyone?

you'll have to watch the end of the movie to figure that last one out

Nothing personal by this... BUT WORST MOVIE EVER!!!!
Me watching this = Epic Fail

Again, nothing personal. :D

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Thu May 27, 2010 7:03 am

Iron Man 2 I saw two weekends ago. It wasn't as blockbuster as the first, but it was pretty good. I was surprised how well Don Cheadle followed Terrance Howard, although I believe Don Cheadle is an EXCELLENT actor. Looking forward to the Last Airbender with my son, it looks good. And a few coming out on DVD like Shutter Island in the next month I'm also looking forward.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu May 27, 2010 8:25 am

patjam77 wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:Just saw a movie called "Valhalla Rising".

First it's a movie that's set in 1000 AD and its.. well its just flippin crazy. I think you'll probably want to read about it on the internet because I can't really give you the full scope of it. It relates to people leaving europe in search of the holy land.. or new land and gonna make the natives christians.. and and and.. like.. there's a bunch of hardcore killing scenes in the movie and the main character has one eye.. his name is one eye.. he's a mute with one eye.. right? crazy right? dude kicks butt throughout the whole.. wiat a sec..time out, the more I talk about it the more I'll give it up. You have to know your history a lil bit but at the same time put it away, does that make sense? It's a version of the settlement days but about 500 years before that. I read the comments from the paticular website I saw it on and they hate it (so I recommend when you read about it use one of those real deal movie sites with respected movie watcher people.. LOL). The movie though is soooo deep that it's definitely not for many people under I'd say 18.

The movie is only 90min so if you want to see some hardcore killing scenes with axes, spears, rocks, swords, etc (if you can't take scenes like Old Country than don't watch this)... I also left out major details in this one even after all my ramblings... I give it 5 stars, or 4 if you do the 4 star thing, 2 thumbs AND 2 big toes up. I loved the ending the best but the movie was awesome for real, not for fake, for real. If you have time, DEFINITELY watch this movie..

Here's the site I watched it on and just click the play button in the middle of the black box that says Movie2k.com in the middle of your screen. DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR PUSH ANYTHING ELSE ON THE PAGE. I don't know if anything else on the page are legit or not but my cousin said he never has and he recommends I don't too. Plus I wouldn't post it on THN if it wasn't legit...or you can just rent it..LOL

http://www.movie2k.com/movie-142892-Valhalla-Rising-film.html

..hmmm, Redskins anyone?

you'll have to watch the end of the movie to figure that last one out

Nothing personal by this... BUT WORST MOVIE EVER!!!!
Me watching this = Epic Fail

Again, nothing personal. :D

LOL@Epic Fail.. I can understand that friend, I guess I was just looking at it with deeper interest

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu May 27, 2010 8:29 am

VetSkinsFan wrote:Iron Man 2 I saw two weekends ago. It wasn't as blockbuster as the first, but it was pretty good. I was surprised how well Don Cheadle followed Terrance Howard, although I believe Don Cheadle is an EXCELLENT actor. Looking forward to the Last Airbender with my son, it looks good. And a few coming out on DVD like Shutter Island in the next month I'm also looking forward.

I loved Iron Man 2! Your right too, Don Cheetos acted his butt off in this one and I loved the introduction to "Shield". I didn't know before I saw the movie that Sam Jackson was Fury. I thought that was awesome and the "Shield" agent??? OMG, that chick kicked serious butt!

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Thu May 27, 2010 10:51 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
VetSkinsFan wrote:Iron Man 2 I saw two weekends ago. It wasn't as blockbuster as the first, but it was pretty good. I was surprised how well Don Cheadle followed Terrance Howard, although I believe Don Cheadle is an EXCELLENT actor. Looking forward to the Last Airbender with my son, it looks good. And a few coming out on DVD like Shutter Island in the next month I'm also looking forward.

I loved Iron Man 2! Your right too, Don Cheetos acted his butt off in this one and I loved the introduction to "Shield". I didn't know before I saw the movie that Sam Jackson was Fury. I thought that was awesome and the "Shield" agent??? OMG, that chick kicked serious butt!

Samuel L Jackson was Fury after the credits on the first 1.
...any given Sunday....

GSPODS:

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu May 27, 2010 4:59 pm

VetSkinsFan wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:

Samuel L Jackson was Fury after the credits on the first 1.

Guess I should read huh? :lol:

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Fri May 28, 2010 6:32 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:

And said SMOKIN hot chick was Scarlett Johansson
...any given Sunday....

GSPODS:

Postby skinsfan#33 » Sat May 29, 2010 9:54 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:
skinsfan#33 wrote:
redskinz4ever wrote:watched WALK HARD last night pretty funny movie also SUPERBAD also funny both get 7.5

"Superbad" was super bad. 3 out 10! I'm just glad it was given to me as a gift and I didn't waste $4.50 renting it.

I just caught this.. you didn't "Laugh Your A Off" for Superbad??

Nope! I kept waiting for something funny and there was only one bloody sceen that made me laugh.

Real LMAO at Knocked Up and 40 Year Old Virgin so I thought I would like Superbad. Man was I disappointed!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:46 am

Big Labowski is unratable. It would be a 15 or so.

Don Cheadle is one of my favorite actors. Boogie Nights, Traffic, Oceans 11 and 12, Hotel Rowanda, Crash, are some of my favorite roles for him.

Just watched Blow (again) this one's off the charts as well. probably a 13.

Before that
The Blind Side - 8.5
Star Trek (2009) - 8
The Proposal - 2
The informant - 8
Club Paradise - 9.5
Four Christmases - 3
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

piglet

Postby PalmettoSkinsfan » Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:55 pm

Went to see Robin Hood last Friday. I was pleasantly surprised. I would give it a 7 out of 10.

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:32 am

I'm eagerly awaiting Shutter Island. As much as I disliked his chick flick phase, DiCaprio is a great actor. If you're not familiar with his earlier works, you should check out This Boy's Life (with Di Nero) or Basketball Diaries.
...any given Sunday....

GSPODS:

Return to The Lounge