Strasburg's MLB Debut

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!
Junior Hog

Strasburg's MLB Debut

Postby Jake » Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:32 am

Who went?

I went and it was bar none the best baseball game I've ever been to. The enthusiasm was something I had NEVER seen at a baseball game before and the results were also something I had never seen before.

It also helped that I talked to London Fletcher before game right outside the park. I knew good things were ahead.

What did you all think?
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:20 am

I think we finally have a chance to be a darn good team! I'm more than happy with his performance yesterday and I'm even happier that he didn't run full speed on his hit to risk hurting that knee.. lol
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

~~

Postby REDEEMEDSKIN » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:10 am

Jake:

I was at the game. It was impressive to be there live. He DEFINITELY belongs in the bigs!!!

Now, I'm not a die-hard baseball fan, so my excitement wasn't as sky-high last night, as it was listening to some of the "experts" talk about how awesome his performance was.

After this morning's recaps of his debut, I am so excited that Washington, DC has another bonafide star in its midst!!!

On another note, the weather could not be more beautiful last night, and the staidum looked GORGEOUS, with people filling the seats to capacity.

Also, big ups to METRO for handling the metro riders. (I left at the top of the 8th, and while the crowds on the platform were huge, I was home within the hour).

Go Nats!!
Back and better than ever!

Junior Hog

Postby Jake » Thu Jun 10, 2010 5:37 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:I think we finally have a chance to be a darn good team! I'm more than happy with his performance yesterday and I'm even happier that he didn't run full speed on his hit to risk hurting that knee.. lol

Yeah, this game shined a real light on the Nationals and the future of DC sports in general. It's rare to see a normal baseball game like that with such intensity.

REDEEMEDSKIN wrote:Jake:

I was at the game. It was impressive to be there live. He DEFINITELY belongs in the bigs!!!

Now, I'm not a die-hard baseball fan, so my excitement wasn't as sky-high last night, as it was listening to some of the "experts" talk about how awesome his performance was.

After this morning's recaps of his debut, I am so excited that Washington, DC has another bonafide star in its midst!!!

On another note, the weather could not be more beautiful last night, and the staidum looked GORGEOUS, with people filling the seats to capacity.

Also, big ups to METRO for handling the metro riders. (I left at the top of the 8th, and while the crowds on the platform were huge, I was home within the hour).

Go Nats!!

I agree, the weather was perfect. It seemed like all of the stars aligned, so to speak.

And considering the circumstances, the Metro ran pretty smoothly. Big ups to the Metro for this one.
RIP Sean Taylor 1983-2007
RIP Kevin Mitchell 1971-2007
RIP Justin Skaggs 1979-2007
RIP Sammy Baugh 1914-2008

RIP JPFair
RIP VetSkinsFan

#60 Chris Samuels: 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time 6-time Pro Bowl left tackle!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Jun 10, 2010 8:46 pm

Well, he certainly looks like the real deal...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:31 pm

Best pitcher I've seen since Tom Seaver, and that was so long ago I can't be sure of what I remember.

Strasburg pitched better than Guidry in 1978, when Guidry went 25 - 3. Guidry only had a fastball and a diving slider that year.

Strasburg has more pitches, and throws a little harder.

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:06 pm

His curveball will be up there with the best pitches of all time. Might be better than Randy Johnson's slider and Mariano's cutter.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:08 pm

He's coming back soon. Check the schedule and look for those September games. Last I looked, Strasburg had 18 strikeouts in 9 innings pitched.

Hog

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:09 pm

welch wrote:He's coming back soon. Check the schedule and look for those September games. Last I looked, Strasburg had 18 strikeouts in 9 innings pitched.

He should be back September 6th. Cant wait! I was at his debut, but don't think I will be there for the return.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

Return to Washington Sports Teams