last movie you've seen ??

Wanna talk about politics, your favorite hockey team... vegetarian recipes?
~~~~~

Postby Warmother » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:55 am

PalmettoSkinsfan wrote:Went to see Robin Hood last Friday. I was pleasantly surprised. I would give it a 7 out of 10.

I saw this also and I liked it. 7-8 out of 10, Ridley Scott makes good movies with Russell Crowe. While Gladiator was better, Robin Hood isn't bad.
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:17 pm

get him to the greek is hilarious. 8 out of 10.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:24 am

Saw Toy Story 3 yesterday, totally loved it. Story line picked up from the last one and the new toys were great. Awesome to see toys from our youth still making some kind of impact. After we walked out, I felt kinda sad because places like KayBee and Toys R Us really aren't out there like before.

.. but one of the previews I saw were the "Smurfs" and it looks like they're coming to town!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:47 am

Karate Kid with Jackie Chan and Will Smiths son....

I still say: It shoulda been called KUNG FU KID. He was taught Kung Fu NOT Karate...hehehehe :lol:
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:24 am

tribeofjudah wrote:Karate Kid with Jackie Chan and Will Smiths son....

I still say: It shoulda been called KUNG FU KID. He was taught Kung Fu NOT Karate...hehehehe :lol:

Tribe, DEFINITELY Kung Fu Kid.. cause there wasn't any dag gone Karate in that movie. It was "eh, ok" at best but that's because we had Danny Son and Mr. Miagi. Jackie Chan acted his butt off though and the "cobra girl" scene was vicious. Watching Will Smith kid was crazy though cause I was like "daaaaamn, look @ the Will Smith facial expressions"

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:06 pm

Yeah, Will's son will surely have a career in showbiz.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:26 pm

Just saw Brothers last night. This movie could have been pretty good, but they didn't develop the caracters enough IMO.

6 out of 10
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:00 pm

Saw "The Concert", playing in downtown Tel Aviv. Yes, it was weird: a movie in French an d maybe Russian with Hebrew and English sub-titles.

Go see it when it's released here. Hilarious and, yes, intense during a performance of a violin concerto. No kidding.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:55 am

Saw the A-Team... LOVE IT! Rampage from MMA got his man as Barrakus. No need to explain anything because its literally like the TV series.

Also saw a movie called "Last House on the Left".. I think that's what it was called. Cinemax has it showing right now and it's by Wes Craven. If you love good guys getting serious revenge on bad guys, this is indeed the movie for you but its slightly gruesome.

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:12 pm

Just saw The Last Airbender. It's complete and utter trash. Worst acting and dialogue I've seen/heard in a long time. It was like having my brain and ears raped for an hour and a half.

Go see a high school kid's movie project instead. The graphics won't be as good, but the writing and acting will be far better for sure.
"Even a stopped clock is right twice a day."

B-rad

Postby brad7686 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:27 pm

Hooligan wrote:Just saw The Last Airbender. It's complete and utter trash. Worst acting and dialogue I've seen/heard in a long time. It was like having my brain and ears raped for an hour and a half.

Go see a high school kid's movie project instead. The graphics won't be as good, but the writing and acting will be far better for sure.

Yea, M. Night has really hit a wall. Haven't seen this, but Lady in the Water is the worst movie I have ever seen. Although, I didn't sit through all of Battlefield Earth. And I've never seen Gigli.

But I don't see any way they can be worse than Lady in the Water. Battlefield Earth had some violence, Gigli had Jennifer Lopez's butt, Lady in the Water had nothing. It was like one of those dreams you have that make no sense and you wonder what the hell is going on in your brain.
Last edited by brad7686 on Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:29 pm

Hooligan wrote:Just saw The Last Airbender. It's complete and utter trash. Worst acting and dialogue I've seen/heard in a long time. It was like having my brain and ears raped for an hour and a half.

I'm going to be forced to see it b/c my son is an Avatar: The Last Airbender fanatic. The critique I heard about it sounds like the made it resemble the cartoon too much. I'm sure the vast majority is right, but I'll see for myself, no doubt.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:59 pm

Last Airbender has a less than 10% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Can't be a good sign.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

^^^^^

Postby patjam77 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:29 am

langleyparkjoe wrote:
patjam77 wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:Just saw a movie called "Valhalla Rising".

First it's a movie that's set in 1000 AD and its.. well its just flippin crazy. I think you'll probably want to read about it on the internet because I can't really give you the full scope of it. It relates to people leaving europe in search of the holy land.. or new land and gonna make the natives christians.. and and and.. like.. there's a bunch of hardcore killing scenes in the movie and the main character has one eye.. his name is one eye.. he's a mute with one eye.. right? crazy right? dude kicks butt throughout the whole.. wiat a sec..time out, the more I talk about it the more I'll give it up. You have to know your history a lil bit but at the same time put it away, does that make sense? It's a version of the settlement days but about 500 years before that. I read the comments from the paticular website I saw it on and they hate it (so I recommend when you read about it use one of those real deal movie sites with respected movie watcher people.. LOL). The movie though is soooo deep that it's definitely not for many people under I'd say 18.

The movie is only 90min so if you want to see some hardcore killing scenes with axes, spears, rocks, swords, etc (if you can't take scenes like Old Country than don't watch this)... I also left out major details in this one even after all my ramblings... I give it 5 stars, or 4 if you do the 4 star thing, 2 thumbs AND 2 big toes up. I loved the ending the best but the movie was awesome for real, not for fake, for real. If you have time, DEFINITELY watch this movie..

Here's the site I watched it on and just click the play button in the middle of the black box that says Movie2k.com in the middle of your screen. DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR PUSH ANYTHING ELSE ON THE PAGE. I don't know if anything else on the page are legit or not but my cousin said he never has and he recommends I don't too. Plus I wouldn't post it on THN if it wasn't legit...or you can just rent it..LOL

http://www.movie2k.com/movie-142892-Valhalla-Rising-film.html

..hmmm, Redskins anyone?

you'll have to watch the end of the movie to figure that last one out

Nothing personal by this... BUT WORST MOVIE EVER!!!!
Me watching this = Epic Fail

Again, nothing personal. :D

LOL@Epic Fail.. I can understand that friend, I guess I was just looking at it with deeper interest

LPJ if you liked the guy that played in Valhalla Rising then check out Flame and Citron.
He plays part of a duo who are Danish freedom fighters during the Nazi occupation of Denmark. Pretty decent flick!

^^^^^

Postby patjam77 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:34 am

Irn-Bru wrote:Last Airbender has a less than 10% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Can't be a good sign.

It's a kids movie. I took my nice and nephew who are 11 and 14 respectively and they LOVED it. but for adults the script is bare bones and the characters un interesting save for a few.

Return to The Lounge