Stop Wasting Draft Picks!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
~~~~

Stop Wasting Draft Picks!

Postby ANT7088 » Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:08 am

From the way it looks now, I would of rather have had Mike Doss rather than Taylor Jacobs. Nothing against Jacobs but it was a waste (so far), with McCants playing good & P.Johnson playing OK, will he even catch 10 balls? I just think Doss would have been better for us. But since we can't change the past, play the guy! I really hope next year we use our draft picks for players we NEED instead of "the best available player" (that's Spurriers reason for picking Taylor over Doss), we need to be smarter. We even wasted a draft pick already on Lionel Dalton and he only suited up I think once. I don't understand, if I traded a draft pick for a guy, that guy is gonna play, or AT LEAST be put in a game to see what he can do. This is the crap that pisses me off!

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:20 am

Nothing against Jacobs but it was a waste (so far)

Let's not count the guy out just yet. He is a very talented young receiver and, although the Redskins certainly do not lack depth in that area, he may help this team for years to come.

Yes, his early injury has prevented him from contributing thus far...but I, for one, am excited to see what the kid can do.

Let's give him a chance before we call him a "bust".
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

----

Re: Stop Wasting Draft Picks!

Postby HitDoctor » Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:31 am

ANT7088 wrote:From the way it looks now, I would of rather have had Mike Doss rather than Taylor Jacobs.

Ask BH, this use to be my signature! I got tired of it because it's frustrating that the fans know more than the owner and in this case the coaches.
it is what it is

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:50 am

I still think we should have taken a DT, but you can't argue Jacobs' value where he was selected, and maybe in the long run it'll pan out.

Hindsight's always 20-20 I guess.

Right now we could use a S though, no doubt about it.

But when's the last time the Redskins got through a season without saying that?

redskinsmiley
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:54 am

without a doubt I agree with ANT7088 - welcome, btw

we needed the depth on our d-line and secondary.....defense wins championships.

I wouldn't be suprised if Jacobs never contributes and is long gone along with SS after this or maybe next season
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Hog

Postby gambit187 » Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:09 pm

Who would u guys rather have Taylor Jacobs or Mike Doss

I think Mike doss would have been an excellent pick for you guys in the second round. With him you guys could have strenghten your secondary, he could have taken over for Bowen after you guys cut him

Pursuer of Justice

Postby Justice Hog » Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:11 pm

Dammit! I'm not counting out Bowen just yet. I still think he's gonna show us something someday. I just hope it's sooner rather than later!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

Hog

Postby gambit187 » Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:16 pm

VENTING,
i just think that Bailey, smoot, bowman, and Doss would have been a good young secondary.

Throw in Lott, Terrel and the walk on guy who's name i will not try to pronounce or spell outta respect. You are looking at a good young secondary.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:00 pm

Ohalete...I have to agree with you gambit

but would love to see Bowen step it up and prove his doubters wrong
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

skinnns

Postby skinnns » Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:14 pm

I am amazed that Bowen is being blasted so hard. I see that guy playing with passion and intensity. In fact I find him to be a pretty big bright spot. He got blown once by Keyshawn(should he have ever been covering Key in the first place). Other than that he's missed a few tackles. Generally when the line and backers look like a sieve though.

skinns

Postby skinns » Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:20 pm

I forgot about the main topic.

I don't hear anyone complaining about Rock Cartwright, Ladell Betts, Ramsey, Arrington, Champ(okay you guys do complain about him, but I don't get that), Jansen, Smoot, Gardner, or many other of the darft picks we still have on the team. Frankly, I think we have an amazing group of homegrown players. We just don't have a leader apparetly.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football