NFL Rumors - October 30th

Talk about the AFC, NFC, the NFL Draft, College Football... anything football that has no Washington Redskin relevance.
piglet

NFL Rumors - October 30th

Postby PSD » Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:45 pm

Bills' Williams is safe
Fans in Buffalo are calling for Gregg Williams' head, but Bills GM Tom Donahoe isn't ready to fire his coach. The Buffalo News' Mark Gaughan reports that Donahoe still has confidence in Williams and his assistants.

Griese hasn't impressed Fiedler's agent
Jay Fiedler's agent doesn't seem to like Brian Griese's chances of holding onto the Dolphins' starting QB job. Brian Levy told the Palm Beach Post's Joe Schad that Griese "has played one game, against a team that is mediocre at best".

Bears should be starting Grossman
Should the Bears bench Chris Chandler in favor of Rex Grossman? Chicago Sun-Times columnist Greg Couch thinks that "(t)here is not one valid reason" why Chandler should be starting ahead of Grossman.

Will Buccaneers sign Johnson?
The St. Petersburg Times' Joanne Korth, Roger Mills and Rick Stroud report that QB Rob Johnson could be coming back to Tampa Bay. The Buccaneers could sign Johnson as insurance because of the injuries to starter Brad Johnson and backup Shaun King.

O'Donnell works out for Packers
Another veteran QB who may be close to finding work is Neil O'Donnell. The Green Bay News-Chronicle's Todd McMahon reports that the former Titan worked out for the Packers on Tuesday.

For more of today's NFL rumors, go to ProSportsDaily.com

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:48 pm

Wow - I didn't realize O'Donnell was out there. Why wouldn't we sign him as an insurance policy, instead of an untested Haselback?
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Thu Oct 30, 2003 3:03 pm

Remember - I said in training camp that we should have signed ole bucktooth... He may be one of the ugliest QBs out there, but he does the job at backup.
Rich in Roanoke

Return to Around the League