Patch work

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
----

Patch work

Postby HitDoctor » Thu Oct 30, 2003 9:18 am

Is anyone else sick of this and does anyone understand the message that this management is sending the rest of the league? These signings of desparation because we have an owner who continues to force his hand in the deal (with no football pedigree, I may add), no GM with knowledge and power (thanks to danny boy), and a coach who is trying to relive his past glory ("I'm going back to what made me famous").

This latest signing of a guy who has been out of the league for 1.5 years REAKS of the brass not having a clue and it is trickling down to the team and to the fans (at least this one). We will not win as long as Snyder owns this team. Now, how do we go about getting him out of town.

Seriously though, this team needs the proper chain of command. How did this guy become a billionaire other than help from his uncle and father? A good CEO knows how to deligate, put proper people in areas where they have strengths. I'm an Obstetrician and it would be like me trying to do Orthopedic surgery for a living after a six week rotation. His pride and ego is in the way and until he has the insight to check it, we're doomed.

Go skins! redskinsmiley
it is what it is

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Oct 30, 2003 10:13 am

I guess I have a couple of things to refute, though I totally agree with the sentiment of your post.

1) The Danny's ability to schmooze players is exaemplary. Whether Russell pans out or not... other teams (lots of them) were willing to make the same 'gamble' but Snyder's ability to 'roll out the red carpet' kept them all at bay once again.

2) I never ask myself HOW Danny became a billionaire... to be honest with you... there's no belittling it regardless of how it came about. HOWEVER, what i do ask myself is WHY DS doesn't apply his business principles to the team.

Perhaps his 'love' of the team clouds his better judgement, I don't know.

What I do know is that I agree that in the present state of command, we are very unlikely to succeed. I guess the only thing positive in it is that if DS can learn to step aside and let a football guy take over (a la JJ did in Dallas), he certainly possesses a lot of admirable traits in an owner otherwise. (Willingness to spend money, ability to schmooze).

The most unfortunate thing is that I don't think anybody can do anything but hope DS learns his lesson. I can't see him EVER selling the team, and unless we can get 85,000 people a week to stop going to games... as I said, we'll just have to hope.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:18 am

I'm gonna stick with the Danny.

I'm with Boss and don't EVER see him selling his beloved franchise. He'll continue to learn, and I bet he get's us to the promised land. It may take some time, but he won't rest until he does.

I agree, HitDoctor, that he needs to surround himself with football people (that I know he has tried) and learn to deligate. But, as Boss said, no one can question his courting ability of players and willingness to spend. He loves this team as a fan as much as the rest of us, and I feel that may be hurting his ability to distance himself from the football decision making. I feel that if he learns that that's what's best for the team, he'll backoff and the team will benefit and return to it's former glory. IMHO, of course.
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Hog

Postby gambit187 » Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:21 pm

Maybe Syder can get plastic surgery like Jerry did, then maybe the gas will affect his brain the way it did jerry's

GO COWBOYS

----

Postby HitDoctor » Fri Oct 31, 2003 9:22 am

I think what hurts the most is that for 33 years I have been able to talk trash during cowboy week. Now, for reasons that could possibly be related to age, I remain reserved.
BUT.......if the skins win........you won't be able to shut me up
it is what it is

... deep in TX

Postby Texas Hog » Fri Oct 31, 2003 10:20 am

Ditto, Hitdr
God bless our troops and Joe Gibbs.
We'll miss you, Joe.

#21 gone, but never forgotten.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Fri Oct 31, 2003 1:11 pm

My brain is not privy to what my mouth is going to do... so I'm still fighting the good fight.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football