Good game from a Packer fan

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?

Good game from a Packer fan

Postby GBpack10 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:29 pm

This loss hurts really bad. :( I dont know what to do with myself right now. Hats off to you guys. I think were toast this season. Too many injuries our mounting and were just not that good of a team. We arent going too far. Good luck to the skins the rest of the season. You guys fought to win it and I tip my hat off to ya.

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:44 pm

thanks. GB is a very good team, just thought they were outcoached today. Why GB wouldn't continue to pound the ball with the amount of yards they were racking up against us to bring Landry into the box was odd. They were up and continued to want to pass the ball. The offensive playcalling was VERY predictable as well. GB kept us in the game for too long, and then we made halftime adjustments, and it was a lopsided 2nd half and OT.

It was an ugly game, but that's how we're winning lately. The officiating was pretty lousy. Many more PI calls were left on the field.

Good luck the rest of the season.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:50 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:It was an ugly game, but that's how we're winning lately. The officiating was pretty lousy. Many more PI calls were left on the field.

And they were holding Orakpo on every play, but it wasn't called even once. Still, I feel for ya GB; the Skins have been on the losing end of this type game for the past 19 seasons.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby SAP_Pete » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:20 am

Thanks, and good luck with the rest of the season. We were lucky Clay had to sit out most of the game, he was giving us real trouble. Hope you'll get him back soon.
Sexy Rexy is the man, if he can't beat us noone can !

Hog

Re: Good game from a Packer fan

Postby grampi » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:28 am

GBpack10 wrote:This loss hurts really bad. :( I dont know what to do with myself right now. Hats off to you guys. I think were toast this season. Too many injuries our mounting and were just not that good of a team. We arent going too far. Good luck to the skins the rest of the season. You guys fought to win it and I tip my hat off to ya.

Don't sell your team short. GB is a very good team, even with the injuries, though the loss of Grant for the season is a real poke in the eye. I just think the Skins are a better team than many want to give them credit for. I think it's less of teams just having ugly games when they play the Skins and more of the Skins creating those ugly games. That seems to be their way of digging out wins.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:36 am

SAP_Pete wrote:Thanks, and good luck with the rest of the season. We were lucky Clay had to sit out most of the game, he was giving us real trouble. Hope you'll get him back soon.

We need a Clay Matthews... What a monster.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog

Postby grampi » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:40 am

Countertrey wrote:
SAP_Pete wrote:Thanks, and good luck with the rest of the season. We were lucky Clay had to sit out most of the game, he was giving us real trouble. Hope you'll get him back soon.

We need a Clay Matthews... What a monster.

We've got one. It's called Orakpo....though having another would be even better....

Postby skinsfan#33 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:43 am

chiefhog44 wrote:thanks.

It was an ugly game, but that's how we're winning lately. The officiating was pretty lousy. Many more PI calls were left on the field.

Good luck the rest of the season.

I echo what Chiefhog says! Thanks for the comments and don't write your team off, they are still probably the best team in the NFC. Even with the injuries.

The gang officiating that game needs to be taken out behind the wood shed and beat and then taught what PI is. Then beat again just to drive home the point, that they can and should call PI when it is warranted!

I have given up on complaining about Orakpo getting held and it not being called. I have a friend that is a Steelers fan and I now understand why he whines so much about Harrison getting held. The NFL simply lets the OL get away with holding on smaller elite pass rushers. If not they would have to call holding on almost every play!

After yesterdays game, I now think Clay Methews is probably the best pure pass rusher in the game!
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain"
(It is time to roll the dice) Tai'shar Manetheren

"Duty is heavier than a Mountain, Death is lighter than a feather" Tai'shar Malkier

RIP James Oliver Rigney, Jr. 1948-2007

Postby GBpack10 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:19 am

I think we will be lucky to go 8-8 or if we make the playoffs we will be one and done. Minnesota is going to destroy us twice this year again. This team finds a way to beat themselves all the time and the most undisciplined team. Injuries have already ended our season as well.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:04 pm

GBpack10 wrote:I think we will be lucky to go 8-8 or if we make the playoffs we will be one and done. Minnesota is going to destroy us twice this year again. This team finds a way to beat themselves all the time and the most undisciplined team. Injuries have already ended our season as well.

I don't know how long your injured list is supposed to be out, but if you're getting guys back you're going to have a monster D. I think we were a lot more used to those close games as well. :wink:
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Postby GBpack10 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:38 pm

Nope we always lose in close games. Too many injuries. Season is over.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:42 pm

GBpack10 wrote:Nope we always lose in close games. Too many injuries. Season is over.

Wait... this sounds familiar...

Eeyore? Is that you? :wink:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:47 pm

Countertrey wrote:
GBpack10 wrote:Nope we always lose in close games. Too many injuries. Season is over.

Wait... this sounds familiar...

Eeyore? Is that you? :wink:

There are many THN posters who could have made that exact quote about the Skins. You guys know who you are! :twisted:
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Postby GBpack10 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:07 pm

Too much talent and nothing to show for it. Only can beat the horrible teams. Minnesota is going to blow us out this season.

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:09 pm

Come come now. therapy session is down the street.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football