Gift Help

Washington Capitals, Washington Nationals, Washington Wizards, Washington Mystics, and D.C. United... all go here!

Gift Help

Postby rolltidecornelius » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:42 pm

I am a born-and-raised Alabamian, with no local MLB, NHL, or NFL team to speak of. I am also dating a die hard, NOVA-bred Redskins, Caps, and Nationals fan. IMPOSSIBLE TO SHOP FOR.

So I turn to his kindred-- what does a die-hard DC fan want for Christmas? Tickets to the outdoor game are out of the question-- I'm an impoverished college student, and another family member beat me to the opening Pens Caps game in December. I'm trying to come up with something considerate-- as of right now, his most prized possession is a signed portrait of Sean Taylor.

Any suggestions?
-C

Hog

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:31 pm

Maybe a jersey? I don't know how many he has, but that is always a good gift.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

09 Champ

Postby TeeterSalad » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:07 am

-A jersey will work; any kind of apparel should do really. I would go with some of the young guys...anything Orakpo (Skins), Ovechkin (Caps), or Strasburg (Nationals) would be a good pick.

-A fathead!

-Car Decal

-Redskins customized anything...

I live in Upstate NY, so I know what it's like to never be able to buy any good sports gear in stores. You can find anything online though, on Ebay, Amazon, NFL Shop etc. Just do some online research and you are guaranteed to find something he'll enjoy. Good Luck!!
-2009 Hognostications Champion-
-Hognosti-Bowl V Champion-
-Hognosti-Bowl VI Champion-

RIP ST # 21

**LPJ**

Re: Gift Help

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:04 pm

rolltidecornelius wrote:I am a born-and-raised Alabamian, with no local MLB, NHL, or NFL team to speak of. I am also dating a die hard, NOVA-bred Redskins, Caps, and Nationals fan. IMPOSSIBLE TO SHOP FOR.

So I turn to his kindred-- what does a die-hard DC fan want for Christmas? Tickets to the outdoor game are out of the question-- I'm an impoverished college student, and another family member beat me to the opening Pens Caps game in December. I'm trying to come up with something considerate-- as of right now, his most prized possession is a signed portrait of Sean Taylor.

Any suggestions?
-C

I guess your not a basketball fan C? Cause I was gonna say a ticket to see John Wall vs Lebron at the phone booth would be a great gift (bball tix are always cheaper). Jerseys as gifts are sooooooooooooooo cliche. In NHL I don't think you can beat those tickets to a Caps/Pens game (except for playoff tix), MLB- Just leave that one alone..LOL.

As a diehard Washington dude, obviously first are NFL tix (but for a student I know that's hard).. Jerseys are cool too but it depends what level of fan your dealing with. Example: Stupid Diehard?- Throwback like Riggo/Manley/Mann/Clark/.etc and you can get the replicate one so its not that expensive (about 100)... Regular/New Fan- Sean Taylor, Moss, Cooley. I am a stupid diehard and I have ST's jersey but its #36, not #21. Oh, an Ovie jersey is totaaaaally awesome too, that'll never get old!

Good luck!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:22 pm

Oh, another thing too... NFL.com has household items like crazy in Redskins style. So maybe a Redskins lamp? That'll be useful if he/she is a student and does work late at night.. plus they so many other little things that you probably would've never thought of.

RollTide.. there's TONS of things out there, best bet may just be to google/yahoo/bing it!

Postby rolltidecornelius » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:01 pm

Thanks guys! I'm trying to go with something for a die-hard, classic fan, for sure. Who are the old-school players I should be keeping an eye out for? Maybe a classic jersey is the way to go?

I'd love to get tickets (and, honestly, seeing John Wall play would make my life), but I can say with reasonable certainty that's going to be out of my price range (I'm trying to keep it around or below $150).
Oh, and rest assured his Ovie jersey is up on the wall, along with about a million fatheads and other jerseys. And a painting of Sean Taylor.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:39 am

rolltidecornelius wrote:Thanks guys! I'm trying to go with something for a die-hard, classic fan, for sure. Who are the old-school players I should be keeping an eye out for? Maybe a classic jersey is the way to go?

Here is a link for the Redskins 70 Greatest Players (Redskins.com)
http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/70_Greatest_Redskins_1373.jsp

And here is a direct link to customize replica jerseys (NFL.com) ($99.99)
http://www.nflshop.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2237521&lmdn=Type&f=PAD%2FNFL+Jersey+Type%2FReplica&fbc=1&fbn=NFL+Jersey+Type%7CReplica

Return to Washington Sports Teams