Sideline Scouting Mock Draft -- November 19

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.

Sideline Scouting Mock Draft -- November 19

Postby SidelineScouting » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:39 pm

The guys at Sideline Scouting posted their new mock draft tonight. This is our first of the year with complete explanations for all 32 selections.

What do you all think? I'd love to hear your thoughts on your team's pick.

http://www.sidelinescouting.com/mock/

Washington, #14 - Mark Ingram

Hog

Postby Hog Heaven » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:42 pm

I don't see the skins getting a RB in the 1st round while Shanahan is calling the shots. I could be wrong, but I think the only time he's done that was with Portis in Denver, and at the time the team was stacked. He traded Portis not long after, prioritizing CB over RB. We are not that weak at RB but in desperate need of help elsewhere.
I think Shanahan fills a need... he can't afford not to!
WR- We need more than one to come in
RT- Heyer is the worst o-lineman I've seen in a long time and yet Brown has not entirely supplanted him
DL- If Haynesworth leaves this will be particularly pressing and who really thinks he's be a skin next year.
OLB- Opposite Orakpo we have Carter whom I like but he can't cover or Alexander, a converted DT who is too slow to cover the flat or rush the QB effectively
FS- We have so many good backup caliber Free Safeties, but no starter.
Oh yea, and almost everyone not listed as being in need of replacement is nearing the end of their career... so no RB, I don't care if its the next Barry Sanders.
Romans 1:11 "For I wish that I myself were cut off from Christ for the sake of my brothers..." Paul

Hog

Postby Hog Heaven » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:45 pm

Another thought on the mock as a whole... with the labor uncertainty, will there really be that many underclassmen declaring for the draft?
Romans 1:11 "For I wish that I myself were cut off from Christ for the sake of my brothers..." Paul

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:05 am

I would hope that we pick a QB in the first, and a RT in the 2nd
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Hog

Postby die cowboys die » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:13 pm

Hog Heaven wrote:WR- We need more than one to come in
RT- Heyer is the worst o-lineman I've seen in a long time and yet Brown has not entirely supplanted him
DL- If Haynesworth leaves this will be particularly pressing and who really thinks he's be a skin next year.
OLB- Opposite Orakpo we have Carter whom I like but he can't cover or Alexander, a converted DT who is too slow to cover the flat or rush the QB effectively
FS- We have so many good backup caliber Free Safeties, but no starter.
Oh yea, and almost everyone not listed as being in need of replacement is nearing the end of their career... so no RB, I don't care if its the next Barry Sanders.

i agree those are all certainly needs, but i feel like we desperately need 3 or 4 players on o-line before we can even think about anything else (after which i would say, WR and QB, then the rest of the positions you mentioned. well, MAYBE a QB first if the right guy is there... tough call)

Postby yupchagee » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:06 pm

I see our biggest needs as NT & interior OL.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010