I'm Done....

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1029
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:08 pm
Location: Right On The Edge Of Goodbye

I'm Done....

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:40 pm

I'm Done. I'm Out. After three decades watching and rooting for this team, I can't stand it any longer. The absolute, sheer, complete and total lack of talent and/or interest of the players, coaches, management and owner of the Washington Redskins has finally shown through fully enough that I can no longer continue to waste my time, money, energy, and interest on this team.

I will be sending registered letters to Daniel Snyder, Bruce Allen, and Mike Shannahan tomorrow informing them of this.

I wish the best to you all, the fans who continue to brave the great abyss that the Washington Redskins have become; but I cannot continue to be among you and I cannot wish anything other than failure, despair, and disgrace to what this franchise has become.


Scott *****
Spencer, MA

Hog
Posts: 685
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:13 pm
Location: Canton, MA where you can drive your 'cah' to the 'bah' for a 'Budweisah'

Re: I'm Done....

Postby ChrisHanburger » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:05 pm

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:I'm Done. I'm Out. After three decades watching and rooting for this team, I can't stand it any longer. The absolute, sheer, complete and total lack of talent and/or interest of the players, coaches, management and owner of the Washington Redskins has finally shown through fully enough that I can no longer continue to waste my time, money, energy, and interest on this team.

I will be sending registered letters to Daniel Snyder, Bruce Allen, and Mike Shannahan tomorrow informing them of this.

I wish the best to you all, the fans who continue to brave the great abyss that the Washington Redskins have become; but I cannot continue to be among you and I cannot wish anything other than failure, despair, and disgrace to what this franchise has become.


Scott *****
Spencer, MA


Well I guess you'll have an easier time of it as a Pats fan.

I understand. It is hard to stay with the Skins when there's such a successful franchise just minutes from my door. I'm lifelong and diehard, though, and believe we'll have our day again. I'm stickin' with 'em.

|||||||
Posts: 4566
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:11 pm
Location: Somewhere, out there.

Re: I'm Done....

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:12 pm

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:I'm Done. I'm Out. After three decades watching and rooting for this team, I can't stand it any longer. The absolute, sheer, complete and total lack of talent and/or interest of the players, coaches, management and owner of the Washington Redskins has finally shown through fully enough that I can no longer continue to waste my time, money, energy, and interest on this team.

I will be sending registered letters to Daniel Snyder, Bruce Allen, and Mike Shannahan tomorrow informing them of this.

I wish the best to you all, the fans who continue to brave the great abyss that the Washington Redskins have become; but I cannot continue to be among you and I cannot wish anything other than failure, despair, and disgrace to what this franchise has become.


Scott *****
Spencer, MA


Goodbye!
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1029
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:08 pm
Location: Right On The Edge Of Goodbye

Re: I'm Done....

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:12 pm

ChrisHanburger wrote:Well I guess you'll have an easier time of it as a Pats fan.

I understand. It is hard to stay with the Skins when there's such a successful franchise just minutes from my door. I'm lifelong and diehard, though, and believe we'll have our day again. I'm stickin' with 'em.


I would put a pistol in my mouth and pull the trigger myself before I would EVER, under ANY circumstances. root for the New England Patriots. The Patriots are the absolute epitome of everything that I believe is WRONG with the NFL these days.

No, I'm done with the NFL. There is no other team I could root for. The closest would be the Oakland Raiders, but they're no better off than the Redskins.

CKRGiii
Posts: 4793
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:20 pm

We played poor and a retarded block cost us the game against a team that went to the nfc championship. Get over it man.. Fair weather fans have no place in b and g. We have a better record then the pukes so why pout?
Positives: Brandon Banks is a stud and golen grams was perfect. We need the oline from last week the rest of the year.

HTTR

We are bbetter.. You forget the loooooong list of injuries we have? I'm pist too but come on now.. You ridicule players for giving up then do the same?
WHACK
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1012
Joined: Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:23 pm
Location: rocky mount va.

Postby skinpride1 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:21 pm

I wish that I could get hired To be the G.M.

I promise that I would Rant and raise hell every Day with Mr. Synder until we had Elite O and D-lines.

I still believe that to be Elite in the NFL you start in the trenches.

I would Can Rabach so fast he would have skid marks on his Ass from it!!!
RG3....Super Man....check out my socks!!!

swine
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:35 pm

Postby northcarolinaredskin » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:24 pm

I truly believe that this team is moving in a positive direction. Except we are moving extremely slowly. We have hired a super bowl winning coach, a winning quarterback who has no weapons anywhere but chris cooley, and we have young studs on defense. If you dont wanna be a hogs fan then dont be one, nobody cares we will keep moving forward.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1029
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:08 pm
Location: Right On The Edge Of Goodbye

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:25 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:We are bbetter.. You forget the loooooong list of injuries we have? I'm pist too but come on now.. You ridicule players for giving up then do the same?
WHACK


Injuries are part of the game. GOOD TEAMS prepare for them by having qualified backups, not bums from the scrap heap who can't get the job done.... Oh wait... qualified backups are a thing of the PAST. That being before stupid owners like Dan Snyder put in place and have continuously extended a CBA that includes a SALARY CAP.

The players get PAID to show up and play the game. I haven't gotten anything positive out of watching a Redskins game since January of 1992.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1029
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:08 pm
Location: Right On The Edge Of Goodbye

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:26 pm

northcarolinaredskin wrote:I truly believe that this team is moving in a positive direction. Except we are moving extremely slowly. We have hired a super bowl winning coach, a winning quarterback who has no weapons anywhere but chris cooley, and we have young studs on defense. If you dont wanna be a hogs fan then dont be one, nobody cares we will keep moving forward.


Sorry but it's been NINETEEN YEARS since this team won a game that means anything. That "moving forward" and "positive direction" garbage hasn't meant anything since about Y2K, thank you very much.

Hog
Posts: 685
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:13 pm
Location: Canton, MA where you can drive your 'cah' to the 'bah' for a 'Budweisah'

Re: I'm Done....

Postby ChrisHanburger » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:28 pm

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:
ChrisHanburger wrote:Well I guess you'll have an easier time of it as a Pats fan.

I understand. It is hard to stay with the Skins when there's such a successful franchise just minutes from my door. I'm lifelong and diehard, though, and believe we'll have our day again. I'm stickin' with 'em.


I would put a pistol in my mouth and pull the trigger myself before I would EVER, under ANY circumstances. root for the New England Patriots. The Patriots are the absolute epitome of everything that I believe is WRONG with the NFL these days.

No, I'm done with the NFL. There is no other team I could root for. The closest would be the Oakland Raiders, but they're no better off than the Redskins.


Yeah, I pretty much hate the Pats and their fair weather fans. At least you're not jumping to them......

CKRGiii
Posts: 4793
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:32 pm

In that case we did pretty good w third string bums against a hall of fame qb w all his weapons and an elite pass rUsher. And we had a chance. So I guess good luck watching AFL
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1029
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:08 pm
Location: Right On The Edge Of Goodbye

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:42 pm

cowboykillerzRED wrote:In that case we did pretty good w third string bums against a hall of fame qb w all his weapons and an elite pass rUsher. And we had a chance. So I guess good luck watching AFL


Nope. I'm done with football entirely. The AFL is no better than the NFL. If the XFL were still around, maybe; but they're long gone at this point.

CKRGiii
Posts: 4793
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:56 pm
Location: 505 New Mexico repn

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:43 pm

Peace
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1029
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:08 pm
Location: Right On The Edge Of Goodbye

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:45 pm

Here's the text of the three letters to be sent by certified mail tomorrow....

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Mr. Daniel Snyder
Owner
Washington Redskins
21300 Redskin Park Drive
Ashburn, VA 20147

Mr. Snyder,

I am writing you today to inform you that after almost thirty years as a fan of the Washington Redskins, the National Football League franchise which you purchased from the estate of the late Jack Kent Cooke, I will no longer be able to follow, let alone root for, your franchise.

I do not write this letter with any pleasure. Like you, I grew up a fan of the Washington Redskins during the glory years of the franchise. My memories are filled with the exploits of people like Joe Gibbs, John Riggins, Art Monk, Dexter Manley, and the man who will always be my favorite athlete of all time, Darrell Green. I remember when this franchise was feared around the league. Those days are now gone, and have been for two decades.

With the changes in the management system, rules, and culture of the National Football League since the agreement on a new collective bargaining agreement between the owners and the National Football League Players Association in 1994, the Redskins franchise has struggled mightily. Obviously one would expect that it might take some time for teams to adjust to the new system, and then to the new ownership when you took over half a decade later. It has now been twelve seasons under your ownership group and this franchise is no closer to acquiring a fourth Vince Lombardi Trophy than they were when you took over the team in 1999.

I had been one of your biggest supporters until recent years. As I mentioned earlier, you and I grew up in a similar timeframe in Redskins history and at the beginning of your ownership I felt that you were interested in bucking the trend of simply accepting the new, watered-down, parity driven style that the National Football League management has obviously been promoting. However, in recent years, and with the knowledge that your ownership group voted to extend this current collective bargaining agreement in 2007(?), it has become much more difficult to see the management of this team as promoting anything more than the same disgusting, mediocrity-driven concepts that teams like the Baltimore Ravens and New England Patriots have used to move to the top of the NFL standings in the last decade. That is something which I cannot and will not support in any way.

To that end, and with the full knowledge of the absolute incompetence and disinterest in winning shown by this most recent batch of players, coaches, and management officials which have disgraced the Burgundy and Gold uniforms of this franchise, I must inform you that I can in no way continue to watch, follow, root for or support the Washington Redskins.

With Great Disappointment,

***** * *****

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Mr. Bruce Allen
Executive Vice President/General Manager
Washington Redskins
21300 Redskin Park Drive
Ashburn, VA 20147

Mr. Allen,

I am writing this letter to inform you that you have achieved something which not even your much maligned predecessor Vinny Cerrato was able to accomplish. You have driven this fan of three decades away from the Washington Redskins immediately and permanently.

You have had help in this endeavor and that not all of the credit for this significant highlight of your career belongs to you. Much of the groundwork for this day was laid by the team’s owner, Daniel Snyder, prior Executive Vice President Vinny Cerrato, the former and current coaching staffs, and players of the team. Without their incompetence and lack of effort you wouldn’t have been able to meet this challenge.

You and Coach Shanahan showed up to a lot of fanfare back in January. A lot of undeserved fanfare as far as I am concerned. That sort of positive reaction should be reserved for people who have proven they can get things done where they are now, not where they used to be. This entire year, from the draft to the offseason acquisition of an old, unsuccessful quarterback from a rival team, to the issues with a disgruntled defensive lineman, and the lack of success on the field has been a total failure in my mind. Today’s debacle against a three win team which had yet to win on the road and fired their head coach this week was the final straw. It made the fact that the players, coaches, and organization have no interest in returning to the glory of this franchise’s past very obvious to this lifelong fan.

To that end, and with the full knowledge of the absolute incompetence and disinterest in winning shown by this most recent batch of players, coaches, and management officials which have disgraced the Burgundy and Gold uniforms of this franchise, I must inform you that I can in no way continue to watch, follow, root for or support the Washington Redskins.

With Great Disappointment,

***** * *****



Sunday, November 28, 2010

Mr. Mike Shanahan
Executive Vice President/Head Coach
Washington Redskins
21300 Redskin Park Drive
Ashburn, VA 20147

Mr. Shanahan,

I am writing this letter to inform you that you have accomplished something which none of your predecessors in Washington, even Hall of Fame Head Coach Joe Gibbs were ever able to do. You have driven this fan of three decades away from the Washington Redskins immediately and permanently.

You have had help in this endeavor and that not all of the credit for this significant highlight of your career belongs to you. Much of the groundwork for this day was laid by the team’s owner, Daniel Snyder, prior Executive Vice President Vinny Cerrato, current Executive Vice President Bruce Allen, the former and current coaching staffs, and players of the team. Without their incompetence and lack of effort you wouldn’t have been able to meet this challenge.

You and Executive Vice President/General Manager Bruce Allen showed up to a lot of fanfare back in January. A lot of undeserved fanfare as far as I am concerned. That sort of positive reaction should be reserved for people who have proven they can get things done where they are now, not where they used to be. This entire year, from the draft to the offseason acquisition of an old, unsuccessful quarterback from a rival team, to the issues with a disgruntled defensive lineman, and the lack of success on the field has been a total failure in my mind. Today’s debacle against a three win team which had yet to win on the road and fired their head coach this week was the final straw. It made the fact that the players, coaches, and organization have no interest in returning to the glory of this franchise’s past very obvious to this lifelong fan.

To that end, and with the full knowledge of the absolute incompetence and disinterest in winning shown by this most recent batch of players, coaches, and management officials which have disgraced the Burgundy and Gold uniforms of this franchise, I must inform you that I can in no way continue to watch, follow, root for or support the Washington Redskins.

With Great Disappointment,

***** * *****

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1035
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:03 am

Postby spenser » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:47 pm

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:
northcarolinaredskin wrote:I truly believe that this team is moving in a positive direction. Except we are moving extremely slowly. We have hired a super bowl winning coach, a winning quarterback who has no weapons anywhere but chris cooley, and we have young studs on defense. If you dont wanna be a hogs fan then dont be one, nobody cares we will keep moving forward.


Sorry but it's been NINETEEN YEARS since this team won a game that means anything. That "moving forward" and "positive direction" garbage hasn't meant anything since about Y2K, thank you very much.




Hey? I thought you left. In all seriousness i would love to join you but im a glutton for some serious punishment. See you next week!

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football