I'm Done....

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
~~~~~~

Re: I'm Done....

Postby Redskin in Canada » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:07 pm

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:I'm Done.
I understand the feeling.

My own son will not even watch NFL games with me anymore. My daughter used to dance to Hail to the Redskins at the age of 3 years old after a TD in the Gibbs I era. She does not watch with me either anymore.

BUT ... Focus your energy against the owner, not the team.

I love the skins trough thick and mostly thin throughout the ownership of this disastrous clown.

He STOLE our team. Join the rebellion. Stop buying tickets and merchandise.

Voice your anger against him.

Support your team.
Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans over the last decade. Stay away from football operations !!!

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:40 pm

anyone thinking that this team was not on the slide before Snyder took over is fooling themselves. The team has not done well consistantly since the advent of free agency in the early 90's. Snyder hopefully has put together a winning formula...unfortunately, if the league does away with free agency, he may have to re-learn. It's going to take more than 11 games to undo 15 years of mismanagement. More like 3 years.
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:54 pm

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:Sorry but it's been NINETEEN YEARS since this team won a game that means anything. That "moving forward" and "positive direction" garbage hasn't meant anything since about Y2K, thank you very much.

We've had 3 playoff appearences (the last just 3 years ago) over that time and won two playoff games, so it hasn't really been that long. I'm frustrated too, but I'll always be a Skins fan. I was born one and I'll die one. That's just the way I roll.
Andre Carter wrote:Damn man, you know your football.

Hog Bowl IV Champion (2012)

Hail to the Redskins!

Hog

Postby grampi » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:07 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:anyone thinking that this team was not on the slide before Snyder took over is fooling themselves. The team has not done well consistantly since the advent of free agency in the early 90's. Snyder hopefully has put together a winning formula...unfortunately, if the league does away with free agency, he may have to re-learn. It's going to take more than 11 games to undo 15 years of mismanagement. More like 3 years.

Snyder's had this team for 11 years, not 11 games, and if he was going to turn this team around it would've happened by now....

Hog

Postby PAPDOG67 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:22 pm

If you want to quit on your team, go ahead. I will never jump ship. Everyone want to throw out their theories as to why this team has been sub-par for the last 15+ seasons, but if you want to get to the root of the problem, check out our draft picks over the years. Not exactly stellar to say the least. The good news is it only takes one or two really good years of drafting to turn a franchise around. Go back and check out our '81 draft. We nabbed 3 of the Hogs in that draft (we signed Jacoby as an undrafted FA) along with Manley, Grant, Didier, and Charlie Brown. Now I know the draft isn't 12 rounds anymore, but you can still turn a team around with one stellar draft. Look at TB this season. Also, look at the teams who have won consistently in the last 10 years. They all draft well consistently. Let's hope Allen has a good draft next year!

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:34 pm

grampi wrote:
chiefhog44 wrote:anyone thinking that this team was not on the slide before Snyder took over is fooling themselves. The team has not done well consistantly since the advent of free agency in the early 90's. Snyder hopefully has put together a winning formula...unfortunately, if the league does away with free agency, he may have to re-learn. It's going to take more than 11 games to undo 15 years of mismanagement. More like 3 years.

Snyder's had this team for 11 years, not 11 games, and if he was going to turn this team around it would've happened by now....

Although it's taken him a long time to figure it out, I am hoping that he has learned how to be a good owner. Last year seems earily similar to how Irsay started his second year as owner of the Colts. By the way, Irsay is a guy that was in the business (GM at the time he took over ownership) and knew he had to bring in football people to run the team. It's taken Dan much longer to learn that...A bit of a recap for those that don't know. We'll see how things go in this upcoming draft.

Irsay's first year as sole owner did not go well, however, as the Colts finished with the worst record in the NFL. The Colts only won three times in the 1997 season (although all three of those wins came against teams with winning records, including the defending Super Bowl champion Green Bay Packers), and wholesale changes were made following the season. Irsay hired Carolina Panthers general manager Bill Polian, who had won NFL Executive of the Year four times with the Panthers and Buffalo Bills, as the team's president and general manager. Polian promptly fired Infante as coach, released Harbaugh, and hired Jim Mora, Sr. as the team's new head coach.

The Peyton Manning Era (1998-present)
Polian employed a strategy of rebuilding the Colts through the draft, and his first two first round picks as GM proved to be keys in the Colts' rise to their current status in the NFL. In 1998, Polian used the first pick in the draft to select University of Tennessee quarterback Peyton Manning, son of former NFL quarterback Archie Manning.

While the Colts finished their first season under Polian at 3-13 again, success would come quickly after that
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Hog

Postby (d)oink » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:01 am

Dang, dude. I know losing blows but without Redskin football every week what is there? I mean seriously? The wife and kids.......? I remember them vaguely but c'mon. It's football. An aquaintance once gave up on his team-- don't even remember which one-- and he said not having a team on Sunday left him no reason to exist. You gotta have a team and you had THE team. Maybe not the best or whatever but I gotta say--when I see Redskin logo I go back 30 years when we played every freakin day in our cheap sears pads and helmets. If it snowed it was even better. Spent 3/4 of the time in pretend goal-line situations just to make a pile. Had the cheap Redskin watch-the jacket and gloves- the hat with the yarn ball on top- the good and the bad is what it is. My kids yell the fight song like idiots when we score. They wrestle like idiots when we are getting killed. They wear their jerseys to school win or lose and they dish smack after a win and take crap after a loss. And their ugly dolphin, colt, bronco fan friends do the same. Guess what? Every fan of every team goes through it. Promise. So enjoy the good stuff because at the end of the day--so what.
Hail to the freakin dang Redskins! CAPITAL R
What the....

Hog

Postby Snout » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:28 am

Wow. Has it really been almost 20 years since we were any good? I know lots of people hate Snyder, but Snyder has only been the ownder for 11 of the last 19 years of mediocrity. For those not old enough to remember, things were really bad after Gibbs left the first time, even though Jack Kent Cooke still owned the team. Norv Turner was awful. Then when Jack Kent Cooke died and John Cooke was running the team, that wasn't so great either because John Cooke just liked being rich and could care less about football. The Redskins were running in place while the team was in limbo.

Granted two decades is a long time to wait, but I am optimistic that the Redskins will get back to the big game again sometime before the next two decades pass. I mean c'mon. It's not like were the Cubs. At least we won sometime a long time ago.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:52 am

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:I'm Done. I'm Out. After three decades watching and rooting for this team, I can't stand it any longer. The absolute, sheer, complete and total lack of talent and/or interest of the players, coaches, management and owner of the Washington Redskins has finally shown through fully enough that I can no longer continue to waste my time, money, energy, and interest on this team.

I will be sending registered letters to Daniel Snyder, Bruce Allen, and Mike Shannahan tomorrow informing them of this.

I wish the best to you all, the fans who continue to brave the great abyss that the Washington Redskins have become; but I cannot continue to be among you and I cannot wish anything other than failure, despair, and disgrace to what this franchise has become.

Scott *****
Spencer, MA

After the Redskins lost in the Championship game in 1945, the Redskins failed to make the play-offs for 25 straight seasons until George Alen led the Redskins to the play-offs in 1971. Don't tell us die-hard (and I mean DIE hard because I will die a Redskins fan before I turn my back on my team because things don't go my way) about futility. I became a Redskins in in 1972 as a 10 year old living in Texas in the heart of Cowboy land. Sure I was spoiled during the Allen years with never having a losing season, but I stayed a Redskin fan in Texas through the lean years never waivering on my love for my team. I am blessed that I saw the Joe Gibbs years with the Super Bowls. I was sitting next to a young Redskins fan who was born in 1983 and has never really known the Redskins as a winner but yet he goes to each game never wavering in his faith in his team. Here's to the Redskin fans who stay loyal to our team through the thick and the thin through the horrible years of 1946 - 1970 ( minus 1969 THE LOMBARDI YEAR). Criticize the team and the owner all you want. Cheer the team and the owner all you want. That is what being a Redskin fan is all. It is your team. Our TEAM! Through the thick and the thin. Here's to All you DIE HARDS! Whether be 25 years or one year without play-offs - WE WILL DIE REDSKIN FANS because we are REDSKIN FANATICS!

piggie

Postby so.il.SKINSFAN » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:29 am

Good luck trying to let go. I live in a small town and the guy who owns the local pizza joint (the only one in town) was a Skins fan up until 3 last year. After the Zorn era he said he was done, gave away all his Skins gear and "says" he now a Bears fan. But everytime I go to pick up my pizza or see him in the store all he wants to talk about are the SKINS!! This team does something to ya. I don't know what it is but even after 20 years of mediocre football I still feel like we're gonna win every Sunday!!
My Dad was a Dolphins fan and my older brother was a Skins fan, always wanting to be like my big bro, I sided with him. It's been 27 years and I remember sitting in our living room floor watching Riggo and The Hogs destroy the Dolphins..that day I became a Redskins fan for life!!
So even if any of us wanted to let go and find another team to cheer for, we'd all just end up like my pizza guy. Always wanting to know what the Skins are doing, who they're playing, who they're drafting...etc..
This team gets a hold of you and once it's in you, you can never let 'em go!!

HAIL 'SKINS FOR LIFE BABY....we will be feared again! It's just a matter of time.

+++++++++

Postby Skinsfan55 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:54 am

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:I would put a pistol in my mouth and pull the trigger myself before I would EVER, under ANY circumstances. root for the New England Patriots. The Patriots are the absolute epitome of everything that I believe is WRONG with the NFL these days.

I know it's off topic, but I just don't understand this line of reasoning. The Patriots are a well run organization from top to bottom. They have a popular franchise QB who's never been in any kind of trouble, they have an excellent coach who also serves as the top personnel man and they are perpetually good. They have a great understanding of how to stay competitive year after year, they are the kind of team everyone should try to be more like.

How are they what's wrong with the NFL?

Along with Pittsburgh and Indy they are the class of the NFL.
"Guess [Ryan Kerrigan] really does have a good motor. And is relentless. And never quits on a play. And just keeps coming. And probably eats Wheaties and drinks Apple Pie smoothies and shaves with Valvoline." -Dan Steinberg DC Sports Bog

ATX

Postby ATX_Skins » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:38 am

I have boycotted everything from games to jerseys, pretty much anything that would put $1 into Danny's pocket.

However, to turn your back on the team and say you are not going to watch... Sounds to me like you were not very passionate to begin with. BTW, I never got to enjoy the glory days, I have basically followed this mess since i was old enough to know what was going on.
Support the troops, especially our snipers.

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:38 am

Skinsfan55 wrote:
Redskins_Fanatic wrote:I would put a pistol in my mouth and pull the trigger myself before I would EVER, under ANY circumstances. root for the New England Patriots. The Patriots are the absolute epitome of everything that I believe is WRONG with the NFL these days.

I know it's off topic, but I just don't understand this line of reasoning. The Patriots are a well run organization from top to bottom. They have a popular franchise QB who's never been in any kind of trouble, they have an excellent coach who also serves as the top personnel man and they are perpetually good. They have a great understanding of how to stay competitive year after year, they are the kind of team everyone should try to be more like.

How are they what's wrong with the NFL?

Along with Pittsburgh and Indy they are the class of the NFL.

And they have a Wolverine for QB, what's not to like? My younger daughter's daddy's girl and a big football fan with me. But she's adopted the Patriots as her co-favorite team with the Skins. We moved a lot, but her favorite place we lived was Connecticut. Like RIC's kids though I have a hard time getting her to watch the Skins with me anymore. She just says, "we're gonna lose" and asks when the Pats are on. Sunday Ticket is sweet. She did love the Bears beating the Eagles though yesterday. Good kid...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Hog

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:49 am

grampi wrote:
ChrisHanburger wrote:I'm stickin' with 'em.

I don't have a choice. I have way too many Redskins jackets, jerseys, hats, helmets, and a whole array of other team gear to bail ship....

I burned or shot up all that stuff about 5 or 6 years ago. No need for that garbage to take up space in the closet.

Hog

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:50 am

SKINS#1 wrote:Redskins_Fanatic,

Continue to enjoy football, there were some great college games this weekend.

College football does nothing for me. Never has and never will. I'm done with the sport. Besides, after the new CBA is eventually announced I probably wouldn't have been able to continue watching anyway, so it's just a little earlier that I walk away from the Skins and the NFL all together.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football