I'm Done....

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Re: I'm Done....

Postby NYFINESTSKINSFAN » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:23 pm

Skinsfan55 wrote:
Redskins_Fanatic wrote:I would put a pistol in my mouth and pull the trigger myself before I would EVER, under ANY circumstances. root for the New England Patriots. The Patriots are the absolute epitome of everything that I believe is WRONG with the NFL these days.

I know it's off topic, but I just don't understand this line of reasoning. The Patriots are a well run organization from top to bottom. They have a popular franchise QB who's never been in any kind of trouble, they have an excellent coach who also serves as the top personnel man and they are perpetually good. They have a great understanding of how to stay competitive year after year, they are the kind of team everyone should try to be more like.

How are they what's wrong with the NFL?

Along with Pittsburgh and Indy they are the class of the NFL.

It is quite impressive how year in and year out that the Pats are such a successful franchise. As much as I want to hate them, I admire them.

The Pats are in a league of their own, but there are plenty of teams who have successful franchises that I would like the Skins to take example of. As much as I hate to say it, two of them include the Giants and Eagles. For at least the past decade, they have both put together successful football teams on the field.

Hog

Postby NYFINESTSKINSFAN » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:33 pm

ATX_Skins wrote:I have boycotted everything from games to jerseys, pretty much anything that would put $1 into Danny's pocket.

However, to turn your back on the team and say you are not going to watch... Sounds to me like you were not very passionate to begin with. BTW, I never got to enjoy the glory days, I have basically followed this mess since i was old enough to know what was going on.

It is kind of funny. After last seasons debacle of 4-12, I swore I am done with the Skins. That lasted about a week. I'm still here. As frustrating as this team is, I will always be a Skins fan. I do honestly believe with all my heart that this team is on the right track and will again become an elite franchise. The organization will again make the right moves in the off season to make the Skins a more competitive team, granted that Synder still remains out of the loop in regards to personell decisions.

The Skins will be a playoff team next year, mark my words. Will they go deep into the playoffs, maybe not, but watch out for this team in 2012.

Hog

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:45 pm

NYFINESTSKINSFAN wrote:It is kind of funny. After last seasons debacle of 4-12, I swore I am done with the Skins. That lasted about a week. I'm still here.

Nothing personal, but that's why it won't change any time soon. People like you who are unwilling to throw your hands up and walk away. Let that season ticket waiting list erode a bit based on people not renewing and people taking their names off the list. Let 980's ratings for games tank. THEN you will see real changes. Until then.... SSDS (Same Stuff Different Season).

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:05 pm

Yup.. Pats are a good organization, I'll admit it.. Steelers are too by the way. I think they both are at the top when it comes to the moves they make and all that kinda stuff.

Now, onto you Mr. I Give Up..

I'll never question a Skins' fan saying they give up because its tough being in our shoes every year. Well, no I take that back, it may be tough for SOME of you to be in these shoes every year but not me. I'm ok being in these shoes and you wanna know why? ..

.. Do ya? :lol:

.. because its the ONLY shoes I have. Redskins, that's my shoes right there. In a weird way I actually admirer fans who can jump off the ship because that's something that I can NEVER "WILLINGLY" do! Like, how do you really do that? Come gametime do you just block out your Skins thoughts? Like when I wake up on gamedays I wonder what my boys are doing before they run out on the field. I'm like, dag I hope they ate a good breakfast/lunch and got to spend some time with the family to relax a little. I wonder what's going on with my fellow fans as they check online to make sure our guys are ok and nothing bad happened to them the night before.

So anyways man, I'm not going to question anyone's loyalty but if your here right now, that means you came back AFTER the Zorn/Cerrato fiasco but NOW you wanna jump ship??? :? At a point where we may actually end up possibly going 8-8??? :?

I mean, I say 10-6 but 8-8 is what my fellow fans have told me (on average).

Well, good bye my Redskins buddy, have fun NOT watching NFL but I think you'll be back though. The memories of the fun bunch/hogs/SBs/etc will bring you back though.

*singing*.. naaaah naaaaah naaaah naaaah, naaaah naaaaah naaaah naaaah, aaaaaaayyyyyyeeeeeeee.. goooooooooodbyyyyyyeeeeee

Signed- A Skins Fan 4 LIFE!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:20 pm

I call half of his rant bull and wish him good riddance. With all the replies here and him having to declare it, he's an attention whore wanting people to coddle him. Not me. GTFO. Good riddance to the types of emo 'fans' we don't need around in the first place. Don't talk about it, BE ABOUT IT. BTW, I hear the Cowboys are 'America's Team' and take all bandwagoners with open arms.

I may have my emotional rants, but I'm a Redskins fan from as long as I can remember (circa 1980) to the day I die or the day the NFL no longer has a Washington Redskins.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Hog

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:27 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:In a weird way I actually admirer fans who can jump off the ship because that's something that I can NEVER "WILLINGLY" do! Like, how do you really do that? Come gametime do you just block out your Skins thoughts? Like when I wake up on gamedays I wonder what my boys are doing before they run out on the field. I'm like, dag I hope they ate a good breakfast/lunch and got to spend some time with the family to relax a little. I wonder what's going on with my fellow fans as they check online to make sure our guys are ok and nothing bad happened to them the night before.

It's gotten to a point where I almost DREAD gametime. I spent the night after the Houston loss in my car because I was so pissed off that I picked a fight with my roommate. I got locked out of the apartment for the night and am no longer allowed to watch ANY sports in the apartment. It's reached a level where I expect them to screw up, and that makes it all that much harder to watch when they do. I'm not interested in "fellow fans" or anything like that. I'm in it for ME and ME ALONE. Always have been. Maybe because there aren't a lot of Skins fans in New England.

langleyparkjoe wrote:So anyways man, I'm not going to question anyone's loyalty but if your here right now, that means you came back AFTER the Zorn/Cerrato fiasco but NOW you wanna jump ship??? :? At a point where we may actually end up possibly going 8-8??? :?

8-8 is nothing to write home about. Never has been, and the fact that people feel it is just goes to show how pathetic the NFL has become. I came back with the hope that Allen/Shanahan would be DIFFERENT. Obviously that was a pipe dream from the start. SSDS, and it always will be from what I can see.

langleyparkjoe wrote:Well, good bye my Redskins buddy, have fun NOT watching NFL but I think you'll be back though. The memories of the fun bunch/hogs/SBs/etc will bring you back though.

When there is no fun watching the games, why would it be a problem for there to be no fun not watching the games. Sports aren't about fun anyway. They're about taking your opponent apart like a butcher working on a side of beef.

The Posse, The Hogs, The National Defense.... They're all MEMORIES. They have nothing to do with the here and now. That LEAGUE doesn't even exist anymore, nevermind that team. That's what I've realized of late. There will not ever be a return to those types of teams. So there's nothing for me here anymore.

Hog

Postby MDSKINSFAN » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:32 pm

This team frustrates me but I just couldn't imagine rooting for anyone but the Redskins.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:34 pm

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:
langleyparkjoe wrote:In a weird way I actually admirer fans who can jump off the ship because that's something that I can NEVER "WILLINGLY" do! Like, how do you really do that? Come gametime do you just block out your Skins thoughts? Like when I wake up on gamedays I wonder what my boys are doing before they run out on the field. I'm like, dag I hope they ate a good breakfast/lunch and got to spend some time with the family to relax a little. I wonder what's going on with my fellow fans as they check online to make sure our guys are ok and nothing bad happened to them the night before.

It's gotten to a point where I almost DREAD gametime. I spent the night after the Houston loss in my car because I was so pissed off that I picked a fight with my roommate. I got locked out of the apartment for the night and am no longer allowed to watch ANY sports in the apartment. It's reached a level where I expect them to screw up, and that makes it all that much harder to watch when they do. I'm not interested in "fellow fans" or anything like that. I'm in it for ME and ME ALONE. Always have been. Maybe because there aren't a lot of Skins fans in New England.

langleyparkjoe wrote:So anyways man, I'm not going to question anyone's loyalty but if your here right now, that means you came back AFTER the Zorn/Cerrato fiasco but NOW you wanna jump ship??? :? At a point where we may actually end up possibly going 8-8??? :?

8-8 is nothing to write home about. Never has been, and the fact that people feel it is just goes to show how pathetic the NFL has become. I came back with the hope that Allen/Shanahan would be DIFFERENT. Obviously that was a pipe dream from the start. SSDS, and it always will be from what I can see.

langleyparkjoe wrote:Well, good bye my Redskins buddy, have fun NOT watching NFL but I think you'll be back though. The memories of the fun bunch/hogs/SBs/etc will bring you back though.

When there is no fun watching the games, why would it be a problem for there to be no fun not watching the games. Sports aren't about fun anyway. They're about taking your opponent apart like a butcher working on a side of beef.

The Posse, The Hogs, The National Defense.... They're all MEMORIES. They have nothing to do with the here and now. That LEAGUE doesn't even exist anymore, nevermind that team. That's what I've realized of late. There will not ever be a return to those types of teams. So there's nothing for me here anymore.

I thought you were DONE: DE-CIDE to be done

CIDE - to kill, slay, etc.....

SuiCIDE
pestiCIDE
genoCIDE

DE-CIDE..........you're DONE.....Kill IT....!!!
Last edited by tribeofjudah on Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:40 pm

Irn-Bru wrote:Well, no one said that being a fan was for the faint of heart. Goodbye.

As for me, I'll be here next week . . . just like every week . . .

What he said
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

09 Champ

Postby TeeterSalad » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:57 pm

chiefhog44 wrote:
Redskins_Fanatic wrote:
RayNAustin wrote:I recall a time when I allowed what transpired on Sundays to put me into a very foul mood for en extended period of time .... :lol: now I limit that effect to game time and a couple of hours afterward.

That doesn't work with me. I would be pissed off for this entire WEEK if I still cared anything about this team. Thankfully I don't anymore. I've punched walls, kicked doors, and thrown things through tv sets over Skins games in the past. That's why I don't have any Skins clothing anymore. Not worth the investment.

RayNAustin wrote:The best thing you can do is to not take it so personally ... the Redskins didn't lose yesterday just to make you miserable ... and if you do not own a Redskin merchandizing business, and these wins and losses don't impact your ability to feed your children ... well, you have to learn to enjoy the games ... celebrate the wins, and absorb the losses. It's a choice ... and it's up to you whether you choose to allow something you have ABSOLUTELY NO CONTROL over to define your happiness.

I take EVERYTHING personally. That's part of why I'm Done. There are times when I have had to wonder if they weren't losing on purpose to make me miserable. Enjoyment is not part of sports for me. Nor is it part of ANYTHING competitive that I follow. That's another part of why I'm Done. WINNING is the only thing that is part of sports for me.

RayNAustin wrote:Have a nice glass of whisky and a cigar ... but get control of your emotions before you give up watching football on Sundays and take up playing golf instead ... that would likely do you in!

I don't drink, I don't smoke, and I no longer follow the Redskins. Three things that will probably help keep me from having a heart attack or anuerism at age 40. I'm not a golfer either.

I think in your case, I would support your decision to stop following. You sound like you have some major anger management problems. Good luck, and chill out dude. A stalk of Sensimilla may help

:)

Sounds like you already have it all figured out. Also sounds like you take life a little too seriously IMO but who am I to judge...Enjoy not dealing with any stresses that might occur from a Redskins loss, poor play and/or bad decisions, and most of us will probably still be here if you ever decide to come back and update us how you're doing as a non-fan.

Good luck out there!
-2009 Hognostications Champion-
-Hognosti-Bowl V Champion-
-Hognosti-Bowl VI Champion-

RIP ST # 21

Hog

Postby NYFINESTSKINSFAN » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:16 pm

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:
NYFINESTSKINSFAN wrote:It is kind of funny. After last seasons debacle of 4-12, I swore I am done with the Skins. That lasted about a week. I'm still here.

Nothing personal, but that's why it won't change any time soon. People like you who are unwilling to throw your hands up and walk away. Let that season ticket waiting list erode a bit based on people not renewing and people taking their names off the list. Let 980's ratings for games tank. THEN you will see real changes. Until then.... SSDS (Same Stuff Different Season).

You do realize that boycotts don't work?

Danny hiring an actual GM, that is not change in the right direction? Them drafting a tackle in the 1st round rather than some sexy DB, WR or RB not change in the right direction? As long as Danny stays out of personell decisions and stick with just the finaces and marketing of the team, the Skins will be once again an elite franchise.

I believe Danny realizes that the NFL is not fantasy football and he has no understanding of football in the NFL. Isn't that the reason he hired a GM?

The moves made this offseason are moves I have not seen under this franchise in quite sometime. They are finally addressing issues which will make the Skins a competitive team down the road. Mark my words, Skins will be in the playoffs and be competitive next season.

Hog

Postby RayNAustin » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:19 pm

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:

Contrary to the opinion of some others here ... I suggest you seek some serious professional help. When a football game or team has this type of effect on you, it's a symptom of a much larger issue to which you just choose to act out in such a manner.

Life is too short ... and there are too many more important matters to concern yourself with or take so seriously.

This is entertainment ... nothing more. If you find yourself unable to enjoy entertainment, something else is stealing your joy.

Hog

Postby NYFINESTSKINSFAN » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:27 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:Yup.. Pats are a good organization, I'll admit it.. Steelers are too by the way. I think they both are at the top when it comes to the moves they make and all that kinda stuff.

Now, onto you Mr. I Give Up..

I'll never question a Skins' fan saying they give up because its tough being in our shoes every year. Well, no I take that back, it may be tough for SOME of you to be in these shoes every year but not me. I'm ok being in these shoes and you wanna know why? ..

.. Do ya? :lol:

.. because its the ONLY shoes I have. Redskins, that's my shoes right there. In a weird way I actually admirer fans who can jump off the ship because that's something that I can NEVER "WILLINGLY" do! Like, how do you really do that? Come gametime do you just block out your Skins thoughts? Like when I wake up on gamedays I wonder what my boys are doing before they run out on the field. I'm like, dag I hope they ate a good breakfast/lunch and got to spend some time with the family to relax a little. I wonder what's going on with my fellow fans as they check online to make sure our guys are ok and nothing bad happened to them the night before.

So anyways man, I'm not going to question anyone's loyalty but if your here right now, that means you came back AFTER the Zorn/Cerrato fiasco but NOW you wanna jump ship??? :? At a point where we may actually end up possibly going 8-8??? :?

I mean, I say 10-6 but 8-8 is what my fellow fans have told me (on average).

Well, good bye my Redskins buddy, have fun NOT watching NFL but I think you'll be back though. The memories of the fun bunch/hogs/SBs/etc will bring you back though.

*singing*.. naaaah naaaaah naaaah naaaah, naaaah naaaaah naaaah naaaah, aaaaaaayyyyyyeeeeeeee.. goooooooooodbyyyyyyeeeeee

Signed- A Skins Fan 4 LIFE!

If your post was referenced to me, what in the hell are you talking about?

CKRGiii

Re: I'm Done....

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:19 pm

Redskins_Fanatic wrote:
grampi wrote:
ChrisHanburger wrote:I'm stickin' with 'em.

I don't have a choice. I have way too many Redskins jackets, jerseys, hats, helmets, and a whole array of other team gear to bail ship....

I burned or shot up all that stuff about 5 or 6 years ago. No need for that garbage to take up space in the closet.

Now the list to choose from albeit extensive... This by far is the dumbest most ignorant post I've read on any Internet forum. Congrats!

Shot up? Wow. Sell on eBay hand out on here... But no. Such a sore looser you decide to burn money. Sure some kids in DC w out a jersey coulda showed you how to wear yours proudly. Gezzo
#21 forever in our hearts
...and yet ANOTHER record setting performance by "RG3 the third"!!!!
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:32 pm

I'm done with this thread. Everytime I read it I slam my head into my desk. That's it, I'm done. Don't try to talk me out of it. I'm not coming back
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football