I'm Done....

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Postby markshark84 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:54 pm

Countertrey wrote:
markshark84 wrote:
cowboykillerzRED wrote:Born in 85 my skins years have been 90% fail....... Still a die hard.
Give me 2-14 as long as we beat Dallas its a good year

Come on. Does Dallas really mean that much to you? Give me 14-2, lose to Dallas twice and make the playoffs... A good year to me is a shot at the title.

Clearly... you live too close to Dallas...

LOL..... ROTFALMAO

Nice one.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:56 pm

I grew up in San Antonio, Tx. Went to College in Beaumont, TX and worked in San Antonio, TX and Austin, TX. I have never ever heard a Dallas Cowboy fan, say that they were even thinking about quitting their team. True Texas Dallas fans bleed Blue and Silver. They understand that they are born a Cowboy fan and will die a Cowboy fan. I know first hand because my Dad and brother are Cowboy fans. When they lose, they whine, whimper and cry babies. Their mamas were warned not to let them grow up to be Cowboy fans, but they did and it is too late for them. One thing they know is that they can't ever not be a Cowboy faan because it is in the blood. Now, I was born and raised in Texas as I said earlier, but not all of Texans have the same blood type. I was a special child. I was born with burgundy and gold in my veins. It is my birthright to be a Redskin fan. When I lived in Texas, I made fun of the Cowboy fans because they cried and cried some more when their team didn't win and Oh, when the Redskins beat them, how they did cry. Now, I live in DC and to my shock, I hear Redskin fans saying that they are "done" with their team. Cowboy fans do not quit their team. Where does that leave you if you are done with the Redskins? That's right! Lower than a Cowboy fan who are the best sore losers in all of sports in the world. Check it out! What are they saying now? You don't know because they all are in hiding (And I an not talking about those haters in DC that wear Cowboy gear only to hate on the Skins - they have never set foot in the state of Texas and never will - they have not silver nor blue in their veins but yellow). So, criticize, complain, judge or cheer your Skins, but if you have burgundy and gold in your veins you will be a Skins fan till the day you die whether you live in Texas or whatever state or country.

Hog

Postby Kilmer72 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:00 pm

Um, is this thread still going? I thought it would be dead by now.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:09 pm

Taking a long long look, from back when CT and I both rode the South Dakota Avenue bus, when some of the "big kids" even remembered the NBA champion Washington Capitols, the Redskins went about 25 years with two winning teams (1956 and 1969, I think), and Otto Graham's one 7 - 7 season.

Around that, there were seasons like 1959, 1960, 1961...look them up and imagine being a kid hoping that Ralph Guglielmi would complete a long pass to Jim Podoley. Even worse, imagine rooting for a team run by George Preston Marshall, who insisted that the Redskins should be all-white...as the sportswriter-supreme, Shirley Povich, would begin a game story with something like, "Jim Brown was born with the wrong skin color to play for the Redskins, so instead he integrated the Redskins endzone four times yesterday..."

Still, we were born Redskin fans, we absorbed the pain, and that made it so much more fund when "Crazy" George Allen took the team to the playoffs in 1971.

It will happen again if Snyder lets Shanahan and Bruce Allen run the team in a professional way.

tribe
Location: SURF CITY, HB, CALI *** Occasionally flying into a SUPERNOVA

Postby tribeofjudah » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:14 pm

I'm DONE......with this thread....!!!! :lol:
Proverbs 27:17 As iron sharpens iron,
so one person sharpens another.

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:53 pm

tribeofjudah wrote:I'm DONE......with this thread....!!!! :lol:

You'll be back. I couldn't give it up either
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:06 pm

welch wrote:Taking a long long look, from back when CT and I both rode the South Dakota Avenue bus, when some of the "big kids" even remembered the NBA champion Washington Capitols, the Redskins went about 25 years with two winning teams (1956 and 1969, I think), and Otto Graham's one 7 - 7 season.

Around that, there were seasons like 1959, 1960, 1961...look them up and imagine being a kid hoping that Ralph Guglielmi would complete a long pass to Jim Podoley. Even worse, imagine rooting for a team run by George Preston Marshall, who insisted that the Redskins should be all-white...as the sportswriter-supreme, Shirley Povich, would begin a game story with something like, "Jim Brown was born with the wrong skin color to play for the Redskins, so instead he integrated the Redskins endzone four times yesterday..."

Still, we were born Redskin fans, we absorbed the pain, and that made it so much more fund when "Crazy" George Allen took the team to the playoffs in 1971.

It will happen again if Snyder lets Shanahan and Bruce Allen run the team in a professional way.

AMEN!

Hog

Postby old-timer » Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:27 am

All I can say is it's embarassing to be a Redskins fan these days. Looks like we've got another loser QB in McNabb, with just enough talent to keep his job and enough bad decisions and sloppy play to know we'll never go anywhere with him.

The only thing we can hope for is that Allen will build us a decent D-Line (trade Haynesworth, please!) and work on the flaws in the O-line (yeah that's you, Heyer). If we don't get some studs on both in the off-season, we're in for more pain next year.
Wrong thinking is punishable.
Right thinking will be as quickly rewarded.
You will find it an effective combination.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:54 am

If there's anyone else who's jumping ship, please see my latest post in the "bullocks" thread in the smack section.

..and if you go there and you say your jumping ship, I will attack you and your post.

Thanks and have a great day.

GO SKINS!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby SKINS#1 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:22 pm

Being a Redskin fan for the last 50+ years has been disappointing at times but I have learned to temper my expectations. Still like to see them win but learn not to expect to much. Even when they were losers, it was fun to watch when they could score some pts. They could score 30 pts and still end up losing the game.

Now, I have more things to do than watch a bunch of losers. I will continue to check scores, hoping for a Redskins win but not 2 disappointed when they don't.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football