Mallett

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
**LPJ**
Posts: 6385
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:12 am
Location: Langley Park, MD *Tick Tock*

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:06 am

I have this weird feeling the Patriots may draft him.. heck they have like 75 picks this year :shock:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 1029
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:08 pm
Location: Right On The Edge Of Goodbye

Postby Redskins_Fanatic » Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:55 pm

langleyparkjoe wrote:I have this weird feeling the Patriots may draft him.. heck they have like 75 picks this year :shock:


Nah. Don't you know, Tom Brady is going to play for another 25 years, and Bill Belichick will be there to coach him the entire time..... At least that's what the Patriots fans I have to hear every day will tell you. No need for them to even LOOK at a QB until at least the 4th or 5th round.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 665
Joined: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:25 pm
Location: Columbia MD

Postby skins2357 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:52 am

I think you will see the pats draft either OLB then OL or RB (Ingram) then OL with their 2 picks. If Mankins does not return, they would need to draft his replacement because you know they wont shell out big money for a free agent
Mike/Bruce - If your going to spring big this year in Free Agency, please spring big on offensive lineman! I cant watch Rabach anymore!

Hog
Posts: 445
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:34 am

Postby TCIYM » Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:35 am

Mallett is being projected by many of the more credible mocks as a 3rd round pick due to both his decision-making concerns and his character concerns. Gabbert, Newton, Ponder, Locker are all projected higher. Some mocks have Stanzi rated equal to Locker, placing him above Mallett as well. It seems a 2nd round pick would be reaching.

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 469
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2004 8:00 am
Location: Ex-Brit now living in Thailand

Postby Manchester_Redskin » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:38 am

DarthMonk wrote:I've just looked at the 1st 10 mock drafts on Google. Mallet only goes in the 1st round on one and on that one he is 3rd overall to the Bills. In some he slips to the 3rd round....


That pretty much illustrates why mock drafts are worthless :)

#14
Online
Posts: 4306
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:50 pm
Location: Louisville KY

Postby yupchagee » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:02 am

He had a meltdown with the press today. Forget him.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

Canes Skin
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Postby CanesSkins26 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:49 am

yupchagee wrote:He had a meltdown with the press today. Forget him.


I wouldn't call it a meltdown. He just ended his press conference bc they literally asked him the same question five times, and each time he stated that he would only address the issue with the teams during individual interviews. It's no different than how Newton responded to the question of his stealing the laptop and cheating on a test, only the media didn't keep asking him the same question like they did with Mallett. Also, reports have said that Mallett's individual team interviews have gone well.
Suck and Luck

the 'mudge
Posts: 14640
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:31 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:
yupchagee wrote:He had a meltdown with the press today. Forget him.


I wouldn't call it a meltdown. He just ended his press conference bc they literally asked him the same question five times, and each time he stated that he would only address the issue with the teams during individual interviews. It's no different than how Newton responded to the question of his stealing the laptop and cheating on a test, only the media didn't keep asking him the same question like they did with Mallett. Also, reports have said that Mallett's individual team interviews have gone well.
Agree... there's a point at which the 5th iteration of some version of the same question just becomes obnoxious. He did just fine.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

DarthMonk
Posts: 4449
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:36 pm

Ryan Mallett gets rave reviews for Combine effort
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on February 27, 2011, 1:14 PM EST
Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett bounced back from a rough Saturday afternoon by doing what he does best: Spinning the football.

Mallett received uniformly rave reviews for his throwing performance on Sunday. PFT talked to Tony Pauline of SI.com and TFYDraft.com, who called the performance the best quarterback effort at the Combine of the last ten years.

(The bad news: Joey Harrington was the last effort Pauline recalls that was this good.)

Pauline said Mallett’s accuracy was “pinpoint.” He always led his receivers with perfect timing. No one doubted Mallett’s arm strength or ability to throw well in shorts, but he may have exceeded expectations.

Rob Rang of CBSSports.com agreed with Pauline’s assessment, saying Mallett was the “unquestioned star” of the first group of quarterbacks. (Cam Newton is in the next group.)

Mallett’s draft stock has been a hot topic here over the last 24 hours. Some teams reportedly don’t have Mallett on their draft board. Other scouts see him as a late second round pick.

As we’ve learned over the years, you only need one team to fall in love with your potential. Mallett’s performance on Sunday should only help.

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog
Posts: 237
Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:03 pm
Location: Nashville, TN

Postby funbuncher » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:05 am

I watch plenty of SEC games, and I will admit that I am definitely biased, but this guy is by far the top QB in this draft IMO. He is accurate, football smart, the team leader, tough, and ultra-competitive.
Granted, his personality is no Sam Bradford as he is a bit cocky, but that's just because he's so dang good and he knows it. He's been absolutely tearing up the best defenses in the country while running a pro style offense. I wouldn't bet against him. It's laughable that Locker and Gabbert are ranked ahead of him. I'd like to ask these experts which QB was the most dominant in college football the last 2 years? Their #'s are a joke compared to Mallet's. I think these guys just outsmart themselves sometimes. Watch a Razorbacks game and you see him consistently dominate. I'm a Vols fan not just some Razorback homer.
I hope we get him, even if we have to do it at 10. Though it would be awesome to get A.J. Green or Julio Jones in the 1st, then jump back into the first at the back end to grab Mallet. Maybe someone would take our 2nd and McEagle for their late 1st. I have heard that he could fall all the way to the 3rd, but I don't buy it. Coaches watch game film. Petrino will sell them on him too.

Has anyone else noticed that this forum is the "2010" NFL Draft? lol

DarthMonk
Posts: 4449
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:58 pm

Postby DarthMonk » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:31 am

funbuncher wrote:I watch plenty of SEC games, and I will admit that I am definitely biased, but this guy is by far the top QB in this draft IMO. He is accurate, football smart, the team leader, tough, and ultra-competitive.
Granted, his personality is no Sam Bradford as he is a bit cocky, but that's just because he's so dang good and he knows it. He's been absolutely tearing up the best defenses in the country while running a pro style offense. I wouldn't bet against him. It's laughable that Locker and Gabbert are ranked ahead of him. I'd like to ask these experts which QB was the most dominant in college football the last 2 years? Their #'s are a joke compared to Mallet's. I think these guys just outsmart themselves sometimes. Watch a Razorbacks game and you see him consistently dominate. I'm a Vols fan not just some Razorback homer.
I hope we get him, even if we have to do it at 10. Though it would be awesome to get A.J. Green or Julio Jones in the 1st, then jump back into the first at the back end to grab Mallet. Maybe someone would take our 2nd and McEagle for their late 1st. I have heard that he could fall all the way to the 3rd, but I don't buy it. Coaches watch game film. Petrino will sell them on him too.


Agreed. We'd be mighty lucky to land Jones and Mallet from our current draft positions.

funbuncher wrote:Has anyone else noticed that this forum is the "2010" NFL Draft? lol


Yeah. Any way that can be changed?

DarthMonk
Hog Bowl III, V Champion (2011, 2013)

Hognostication Champion (2011, 2013)


Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

One Step Away
Posts: 7652
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:31 am
Location: NoVA

Postby VetSkinsFan » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:05 pm

Has anyone else noticed that this forum is the "2010" NFL Draft? lol


I think BossHog is the only one that can change it and he's otherwise preoccupied as of late.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

|||||||
Posts: 4566
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:11 pm
Location: Somewhere, out there.

Postby UK Skins Fan » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:51 pm

I must say that Mallett is climbing up my draft board right now (although, to be truthful, I don't actually have my own draft board - that would be a bit sad).

I really don't care about his mobility too much - his often reported ability to make every throw in the book, and experience in a pro style offence scores highly in my mind.

Trouble is, I doubt he'll be there in the second round, and I'd still prefer us to address defence in the first.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

kazoo
Posts: 10280
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:00 pm
Location: Kazmania

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Apr 22, 2011 5:34 pm

UK Skins Fan wrote:I must say that Mallett is climbing up my draft board right now (although, to be truthful, I don't actually have my own draft board - that would be a bit sad).

I really don't care about his mobility too much - his often reported ability to make every throw in the book, and experience in a pro style offence scores highly in my mind.

Trouble is, I doubt he'll be there in the second round, and I'd still prefer us to address defence in the first.


Best of both worlds having people climb and fall on your draft board without an actual draft board anyone can hold you accountable for...
Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Proverb: Failure is not falling down. Failure is not getting up again

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

|||||||
Posts: 4566
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:11 pm
Location: Somewhere, out there.

Postby UK Skins Fan » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:42 am

KazooSkinsFan wrote:
UK Skins Fan wrote:I must say that Mallett is climbing up my draft board right now (although, to be truthful, I don't actually have my own draft board - that would be a bit sad).

I really don't care about his mobility too much - his often reported ability to make every throw in the book, and experience in a pro style offence scores highly in my mind.

Trouble is, I doubt he'll be there in the second round, and I'd still prefer us to address defence in the first.


Best of both worlds having people climb and fall on your draft board without an actual draft board anyone can hold you accountable for...

Yep, it's a win win for me ;-)
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010