Sportsagentblog's 2011 Mock Draft w/agents (Round 1 & 2)

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.

Sportsagentblog's 2011 Mock Draft w/agents (Round 1 & 2)

Postby onedaygm » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:48 pm

Hey everyone, my name is Brandon Thorn and I currently write for Sportsagentblog, covering the 2011 NFL Draft. I serve in the U.S. Air Force and do this on the side. I would like to post a link to my mock draft, which also has links for my Top 32 overall players, as well as my Top 5 for every position. Comments are highly encouraged, I hope that you guys find my perspective original and enjoy my work.

http://www.sportsagentblog.com/2011/01/04/the-sports-agent-blog-2011-nfl-mock-draft/

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:12 pm

If we were able to pick up AJ Green, I would be very happy with that
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Postby Rich Milot » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:13 pm

Carolina and Buffalo are both going to take QB's.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:29 pm

i agree rich
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Postby onedaygm » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:20 pm

you guys very well could be right, but that is a bad move on both ends for a lot of reasons. I still am not convinced they will, but that could change. I do know one thing though, I wouldn't take either of them that high, with that many other higher needs on my football team, with the guys they already have in place, PLUS the defensive players available are legitimate starters already.

Postby Rich Milot » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:12 pm

I think the QB situation is the same for those two teams as it is for the Skins.
You may pass on a QB because they arent worthy of a pick that high.
You could get a stud D-Line guy instead.
Meanwhile your team gets further behind in being a real competitor because they are resigned to using Freddy Knucklehead as their QB for the next year or so.

Postby Rich Milot » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:13 pm

I think the QB situation is the same for those two teams as it is for the Skins.
Meanwhile your team gets further behind in being a real competitor because they are resigned to using Freddy Knucklehead as their QB for the next year or so.

Postby onedaygm » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:41 pm

Rich Milot wrote:I think the QB situation is the same for those two teams as it is for the Skins.

I'd have to disagree on saying the Redskins quarterback situation is the same as Carolina's or the Bengals. Carolina has a second year player who could very well be a very good player still. Plenty of great quarterbacks have had terrible rookie seasons. Cinci is about to be completely quarterbackless altogether. The Redskins have a guy who is past his prime, and an extremely inconsistent guy behind him (Rex). These 3 situations present 3 totally different approaches to drafting in my opinion. Carolina needs so many other pieces, as opposed to the Redskins who are missing a few quality guys here and there.

Hog

Postby TCIYM » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:14 pm

There are well over 250 different recognized mock drafts. They are a guessing game and the experts paid to get them right get them wrong. I think it's next to impossible to do one for the Redskins because they may try to trade down, they may only draft at #10 if one specific player is there or if they cannot trade down, they may reach for a player they don't feel will be avaialable later since they lack both picks and the ability to trade McNabb and Haynesworth for picks. About the only safe bet is that Shanahan won't draft a running back or a tight end in the first round. I don't see an egomaniac like Shanahan drafting a receiver without a quarterback, and Shanahan thinks he can coach up anyone so my guess is one of Jake Locker or Christian Ponder or Andy Dalton and one of Julio Jones or AJ Green or Leonard Hankerson.

Postby onedaygm » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:50 pm

TCIYM wrote:There are well over 250 different recognized mock drafts. They are a guessing game and the experts paid to get them right get them wrong. I think it's next to impossible to do one for the Redskins because they may try to trade down, they may only draft at #10 if one specific player is there or if they cannot trade down, they may reach for a player they don't feel will be avaialable later since they lack both picks and the ability to trade McNabb and Haynesworth for picks. About the only safe bet is that Shanahan won't draft a running back or a tight end in the first round. I don't see an egomaniac like Shanahan drafting a receiver without a quarterback, and Shanahan thinks he can coach up anyone so my guess is one of Jake Locker or Christian Ponder or Andy Dalton and one of Julio Jones or AJ Green or Leonard Hankerson.

If he drafted Christian Ponder, Andy Dalton, or Leonard Hankerson at #10 I think he may be clinically insane.

Hog

Postby TCIYM » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:24 pm

onedaygm wrote:If he drafted Christian Ponder, Andy Dalton, or Leonard Hankerson at #10 I think he may be clinically insane.

I was more thinking Jones or Green at #10 and Locker, Ponder or Dalton at #41. :lol:

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:35 pm

TCIYM wrote:
onedaygm wrote:If he drafted Christian Ponder, Andy Dalton, or Leonard Hankerson at #10 I think he may be clinically insane.

I was more thinking Jones or Green at #10 and Locker, Ponder or Dalton at #41. :lol:

I would be VERY happy with that draft. Or pick up a d-lineman at 10 and a QB at 41 and grab a FA WR
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Postby onedaygm » Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:48 am

chiefhog44 wrote:
TCIYM wrote:

I would be VERY happy with that draft. Or pick up a d-lineman at 10 and a QB at 41 and grab a FA WR

Well I have you guys getting A.J. Green at 10, and a d-lineman at 41. You can survive with McNabb with one more year to learn the offense or still trade for a veteran. There will be a Colin Kaepernick in the 3rd, or a couple other intriguing guys in my mock. I'm coming out with a 3rd round too! It's just difficult finding the time being in the military. I'll have it for you guys asap though!

Postby Rich Milot » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:31 am

We cant survive with McNabb. He wont even be on the team once FA and trades are allowed.

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:11 pm

Rich Milot wrote:We cant survive with McNabb. He wont even be on the team once FA and trades are allowed.

I'd rather give sexy Rexy a chance and trade McNabb for what we can. Although his contract is DUMB for trading (I think a 10m roster bonus and another 2-3m in salary), I'd rather cut him now and move on. He showed me last year that he's not part of the solution.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010