MB GM Mock Draft has arrived... WAS OTC

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.

With the 10th pick in the 2011 NFL Draft, the Washington Redskins select:

Poll ended at Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:04 pm

JJ Watt, DE - WISC
1
8%
Tyron Smith, OT - USC
1
8%
Cam Newton, QB - AUB
2
17%
Julio Jones, WR - BAMA
7
58%
Nate Solder, OT - CU
0
No votes
Cameron Jordan, DE - CAL
1
8%
Mark Ingram, RB - BAMA
0
No votes
Corey Liuget, DT - ILL
0
No votes
Aldon Smith, OLB - MIZZ
0
No votes
Jimmy Smith, CB - CU
0
No votes
 
Total votes : 12
newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:45 pm

MB GM Mock Draft has arrived... WAS OTC

Postby bwhit33 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:04 pm

Here's the jist of it: I'm bouncing from MB to MB in draft order giving each MB's team roughly 36 hours of polling before the player with the highest % of votes becomes the pick. Only players that havent been selected before your team's pick are available.

Its just an interesting way to mock the draft, and lets be honest who knows what their team needs the most than the diehard fans who troll MBs for hours at a time day in and day out? You can vote for who you want as a fan, who you think the team will take given their draft strategy or you can just take bpa... its up to you!

Without further ado...

Round 1

1 Carolina Panthers - Patrick Peterson, CB - LSU
http://www.carolinahuddle.com/forum/car ... t-1-a.html

2 Denver Broncos - Marcell Dareus, DT - BAMA
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=184858

3 Buffalo Bills - Nick Fairley, DT - AUB
http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/1 ... t-is-here/

4 Cincinnati Bengals - A.J. Green, WR - UGA
http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=79931

5 Arizona Cardinals - Von Miller, OLB - A&M
http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?t=55107

6 Cleveland Browns - Da'Quan Bowers, DE - CLEM
http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index. ... =19166&st=

7 San Francisco 49ers - Robert Quinn, OLB - UNC
http://forums.49ers.com/messageboard/sh ... p?t=113836

8 Tennessee Titans - Blaine Gabbert, QB - MIZZ
http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=70168

9 Dallas Cowboys - Prince Amukamara, CB - NEB
http://www.truebluefanclub.com/socialne ... 06dc71861a"]

10 Washington Redskins - ON THE CLOCK
11 Houston Texans
12 Minnesota Vikings
13 Detroit Lions
14 St. Louis Rams
15 Miami Dolphins
16 Jacksonville Jaguars
17 New England Patriots
18 San Diego Chargers
19 New York Giants
20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers
21 Kansas City Chiefs
22 Indianapolis Colts
23 Philadelphia Eagles
24 New Orleans Saints
25 Seattle Seahawks
26 Baltimore Ravens
27 Atlanta Falcons
28 New England Patriots
29 Chicago Bears
30 New York Jets
31 Pittsburgh Steelers
32 Green Bay Packers

One Step Away
Posts: 7652
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:31 am
Location: NoVA

Postby VetSkinsFan » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:47 pm

I voted for Jones, but if I had an alternate, it would be DT if he's worth it.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Hog
Posts: 445
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:34 am

Postby TCIYM » Fri Mar 25, 2011 1:58 pm

It that's the board:

Who the Redskins would draft: Cam Newton
BPA: Julio Jones / Cam Jordan
Who I would take: Phil Taylor

**ch44
Posts: 2366
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:00 pm
Location: Chicago

Postby chiefhog44 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:38 pm

I think if Cam is there at 10, we will have trading partners
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

the 'mudge
Posts: 14330
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:28 am

First choice: Try to trade down. With these players still on the board, that is a good possibility.
Second Choice: Cam Jordan... can you say bookend? That would instantly take the Redskins pass defense to the next level... and, he wouldn't hurt run defense, either.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4609
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: D.C.

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:14 pm

TCIYM wrote:It that's the board:

Who the Redskins would draft: Cam Newton
BPA: Julio Jones / Cam Jordan
Who I would take: Phil Taylor


You Posted on Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:51 pm for the thread "Late Round Picks Request:"

I don't think Phil Taylor is a legitimate #10, more like a #20 or a #25.


I like either Quinn or Jordan at #10, Taylor at #41 ...


Quinn is off the boards according to the poll, so I understand why you aren't sticking with Quinn, but why the change over Jordan at #10 and why the change toward Taylor taking him at #10 as opposed to chancing it and waiting to #41?

Hog
Posts: 445
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:34 am

Postby TCIYM » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:04 pm

Red_One43 wrote:
TCIYM wrote:It that's the board:

Who the Redskins would draft: Cam Newton
BPA: Julio Jones / Cam Jordan
Who I would take: Phil Taylor


You Posted on Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:51 pm for the thread "Late Round Picks Request:"

I don't think Phil Taylor is a legitimate #10, more like a #20 or a #25.


I like either Quinn or Jordan at #10, Taylor at #41 ...


Quinn is off the boards according to the poll, so I understand why you aren't sticking with Quinn, but why the change over Jordan at #10 and why the change toward Taylor taking him at #10 as opposed to chancing it and waiting to #41?


Phil Taylor is known to have at least eight teams lining him up for private workouts and is expected to be drafted around the 20th pick in the first round, if not earlier, making him unavailable at #41. While Jordan may be the BPA in this scenario, he does little for a 3-4 defensive line without a bona fide NT. Likewise, I can't assume a trade down is going to happen, or even that the Redskins plan on trading down. Therefore anyone I choose at #10 is likely going to be a reach and Taylor is the only bona fide NT in the first three rounds of the draft. Kenrick Ellis is a 3rd round prospect and guess which team lacks a 3rd round pick? Taylor has question marks but so does every other player the Redskins might draft at #10. Ten days ago Taylor was far less in demand and thought to be a 2nd round prospect, which might have left him available at #41. Now, not likely the case. What I really did here was ask myself: "What would Vinny Cerrato do?" And then, I did the opposite. :lol:

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4609
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: D.C.

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:29 pm

TCIYM wrote:
Red_One43 wrote:
TCIYM wrote:It that's the board:

Who the Redskins would draft: Cam Newton
BPA: Julio Jones / Cam Jordan
Who I would take: Phil Taylor


You Posted on Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:51 pm for the thread "Late Round Picks Request:"

I don't think Phil Taylor is a legitimate #10, more like a #20 or a #25.


I like either Quinn or Jordan at #10, Taylor at #41 ...


Quinn is off the boards according to the poll, so I understand why you aren't sticking with Quinn, but why the change over Jordan at #10 and why the change toward Taylor taking him at #10 as opposed to chancing it and waiting to #41?


Phil Taylor is known to have at least eight teams lining him up for private workouts and is expected to be drafted around the 20th pick in the first round, if not earlier, making him unavailable at #41. While Jordan may be the BPA in this scenario, he does little for a 3-4 defensive line without a bona fide NT. Likewise, I can't assume a trade down is going to happen, or even that the Redskins plan on trading down. Therefore anyone I choose at #10 is likely going to be a reach and Taylor is the only bona fide NT in the first three rounds of the draft. Kenrick Ellis is a 3rd round prospect and guess which team lacks a 3rd round pick? Taylor has question marks but so does every other player the Redskins might draft at #10. Ten days ago Taylor was far less in demand and thought to be a 2nd round prospect, which might have left him available at #41. Now, not likely the case. What I really did here was ask myself: "What would Vinny Cerrato do?" And then, I did the opposite. :lol:


I am with you on your thinking. I have been concerned that Taylor might not be available, so we might have to do a Jacksonville and pick our guy earlier. As most folks are saying Nose Tackle is the key to the 3-4. Taylor is the the real deal. Like most of us out there, I am hoping somehow some way we get to trade down.

Canes Skin
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:02 pm
Location: Alexandria, VA

Postby CanesSkins26 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:26 pm

1. Cam Newton isn't falling to #10
2. The Skins are not drafting Taylor at #10
Suck and Luck

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4609
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: D.C.

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:18 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:1. Cam Newton isn't falling to #10
2. The Skins are not drafting Taylor at #10


Ok, Cane. The odds are that you are right on both counts.

Newton isn't falling to #10

and if Julio Jones is available and nobody trades up, it would be hard to pass on him. I voted for Julio on this thread for two reasons - I believe that is who we will pick. The other is we have been clamoring about having a big receiver for years - a big receiver of his talent and speed doesn't ccme along very often - he is a missing piece that we long for and if we are on the two year plan then we got a piece that we won't need later.

The fantasy guy (not league just pure fantasy) in me wants Taylor and then Paea in the second round. Carriker is holding his own at the left end - this would give us a powerful front three that teams would have to reckon with - remember defense wins championships - Remember the Ravens Super Bowl squad? We would not be T-H-E-R-E yet next year with those two but we would be on our way to building a powerful D.

Who was your pick on this thread?
Last edited by Red_One43 on Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the 'mudge
Posts: 14330
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Location: Curmudgeon Corner, Maine

Postby Countertrey » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:24 pm

Canes misses the point of the thread...
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4609
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: D.C.

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:37 pm

Hmmm... no wonder why TCYIM gave all three angles

Redskins will pick-
BPA -
Personal pick -

He must have seen a Canes on the radar. :)

Let me try it

Redskins - Julio Jones
BPA- Julio Jones
My Pick - Phil Taylor

**********
User avatar
Posts: 16744
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:45 pm
Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:40 pm

CanesSkins26 wrote:1. Cam Newton isn't falling to #10
2. The Skins are not drafting Taylor at #10


I believe this, but wouldn't be surprised if both of them are on the board at #11

I want Julio Jones drafted at #10 but not by Washington. The word on Taylor is "boom or bust, the later he's picked the better he'll be"... (something about might not love the game but loves the money he can make)...

I hope Taylor is there at #41 but if they can't trade down in the first and get two additional 2011 top 120 picks then they should take Jones at #10 and either Dalton, Devlin, or Ponder (in that order) at #41. They can sign someone like Brandon Mebane from Seattle once the new CBA is worked out and free agency starts.
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

Hog
User avatar
Posts: 4609
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:31 pm
Location: D.C.

Postby Red_One43 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:06 pm

1niksder wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:1. Cam Newton isn't falling to #10
2. The Skins are not drafting Taylor at #10


I believe this, but wouldn't be surprised if both of them are on the board at #11


I want Julio Jones drafted at #10 but not by Washington. The word on Taylor is "boom or bust, the later he's picked the better he'll be"... (something about might not love the game but loves the money he can make)...


Sounds like someone else on our roster who was suspended for the last four games.

I hope Taylor is there at #41 but if they can't trade down in the first and get two additional 2011 top 120 picks then they should take Jones at #10 and either Dalton, Devlin, or Ponder (in that order) at #41. They can sign someone like Brandon Mebane from Seattle once the new CBA is worked out and free agency starts.


Thanks for the info on Taylor - I will do more homework on him to make sure that he is my guy at #10 on draft day. If during the weeks leading up to the draft, I decide I want Julio Jones (speaking as a fanatsy Coach/GM) at 10 and Taylor is not there at 41, I lean toward QB - Dalton is my man at 41 at QB in that case.

Are you looking a Mebane at nose or end?

Hog
Posts: 445
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:34 am

Postby TCIYM » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:03 am

1niksder wrote:
CanesSkins26 wrote:1. Cam Newton isn't falling to #10
2. The Skins are not drafting Taylor at #10


I believe this, but wouldn't be surprised if both of them are on the board at #11

I want Julio Jones drafted at #10 but not by Washington. The word on Taylor is "boom or bust, the later he's picked the better he'll be"... (something about might not love the game but loves the money he can make)...

I hope Taylor is there at #41 but if they can't trade down in the first and get two additional 2011 top 120 picks then they should take Jones at #10 and either Dalton, Devlin, or Ponder (in that order) at #41. They can sign someone like Brandon Mebane from Seattle once the new CBA is worked out and free agency starts.


I like Wes Bunting but I wouldn't take his opinion of a player as gospel any more than I would take Evan Silva's or Mike Florio's. The truth about most players is the median of the best scouting review and the worst one. Average would be a step up from the NT play of last season. :lol: Does that justify a #10 pick? Probably not but neither does a wide receiver without a quarterback, nor a defensive end with a nose tackle. Building from the outside in is how this team got into this mess.

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010