Redskins.com is not what it was!

New to the board? Please check out the rules here first. We will also post news about the website here.
swine

Redskins.com is not what it was!

Postby fanforlife » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:49 am

I've been a regular over at the WASHINGTON REDSKINS.COM site, the so-called "Official site of the Washington Redskins". I loved it over there, people always were able to view comments & post their own with out any trouble. But since the site was changed it hasn't been the same. They (the web master) told me that the change was mandated by the NFL & that all 32 teams will be going to this new format soon. Well OK, but people are having trouble viewing comments, posting & even logging in. I've visited "Hogs Haven.com" & It seems OK, but after I signed up, they never sent me my "confirmation" email to fully activate my account.

All I want to be able to do is go somewhere & talk about the Redskins with out having to jump through hoops. I hope this site can be "the one".

I'll still go over to Redskins.com, I have friends there, but it seems that the other "regulars" feel the same as I do. If this site works out as well as the other one used to, then expect an influx of new "die hards". We ALL bleed burgundy & gold.

Until next time...HTTR!!!
as always...HTTR!!!

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:45 am

Well, welcome to the site! Redskins.com being our teams page I don't think of it the same as a "fan site" but THN has every kind of character you'd like. We have the dumb fans, smart fans, kinda loyal fans, then you have me.. I'm like, the man! LOL.. Naw J/K man but we do have a "smack section" in case you want to let some bad words fly. Plus if you just want to talk about anything other than Redskins or even sports, we have a section for that too called the Lounge. Easy to navigate too so enjoy the site!
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally
When I die, remember me as one loyal S.O.B.!

Hog

Postby TCIYM » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:23 am

The "official home of the Redskins" can officially go blow a goat. Who wants to be told what they can or cannot say about their team by people who work for the team? No bias there at all. I might be the only Redskins fan who never bothered to register with "the official site." If it looks like a site dedicated to mind control and power trips it usually is. I've been reading this site for years and haven't seen any of those issues here. There are some people here who really know their stuff and others who simply like to talk Washington Redskins football, and one or two who just seem to like to argue who get made fun of in smack but none of the over-moderation or clique-based douchebaggery found at many other sites. The board seems a little slower during the off-season but it is definitely hopping during the season. Hope you like it here. We do.

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:41 am

Welcome, fanforlife! :up: Hope you enjoy your stay here.
"Last year I thought we'd win it all. This year I know we will." - Rex Ryan, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Jets

"Dream team." - Vince Young, on what would become the 8-8 2011 Eagles

...unadulterated

Postby Hoss » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:10 pm

Welcome to the site fanforlife!
People may not remember exactly what you did
or what you said....

~BUT~
they will ALWAYS remember how you made them feel.

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:10 pm

welcome dude. bring it
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of a new era

Hog

Re: Redskins.com is not what it was!

Postby jeremyroyce » Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:51 pm

fanforlife wrote:I've been a regular over at the WASHINGTON REDSKINS.COM site, the so-called "Official site of the Washington Redskins". I loved it over there, people always were able to view comments & post their own with out any trouble. But since the site was changed it hasn't been the same. They (the web master) told me that the change was mandated by the NFL & that all 32 teams will be going to this new format soon. Well OK, but people are having trouble viewing comments, posting & even logging in. I've visited "Hogs Haven.com" & It seems OK, but after I signed up, they never sent me my "confirmation" email to fully activate my account.

All I want to be able to do is go somewhere & talk about the Redskins with out having to jump through hoops. I hope this site can be "the one".

I'll still go over to Redskins.com, I have friends there, but it seems that the other "regulars" feel the same as I do. If this site works out as well as the other one used to, then expect an influx of new "die hards". We ALL bleed burgundy & gold.

Until next time...HTTR!!!

Welcome to the site. I hope that you enjoy yourself and have a great time on here. God Bless

Location: If I knew ... it would explain a lot but I've seen Homerville on a map, that wasn't helpful at all

Postby 1niksder » Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:34 pm

Welcome to the site fanforlife!
..__..
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-

When you reach the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on....

If the world didn't suck we'd all fall off

swine

Postby fanforlife » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:34 pm

Thanks all. I can't wait to get to know all the "personalities" around here.
as always...HTTR!!!

Hog

Postby TincoSkin » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:44 pm

wow, coming over in the off season!!
GIBBS FOR LIFE

Hey hey hey, go Greenway!

One Step Away

Postby VetSkinsFan » Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:08 am

This is my fav skins site. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have and continue to. Welcome!

HTTR
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

Return to Site News & Welcome Wagon