Spurrier Must Go!

Talk about the Washington Redskins here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Pursuer of Justice

Spurrier Must Go!

Postby Justice Hog » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:08 pm

Okay, I've been on the Spurrier band wagon long enough. I really had high hopes for the guy when he first came on board. Even after last year, I had high hopes coming to this year.

Now....I see a man with absolutely no control over his team. I'm embarassed each time they show his "look" on TV during the game. This man may have been excellent at the college level...but I have officially ended my support of Mr. Spurrier

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY!!!!

Now, I'm just looking forward to next year's draft....so the Redskins can pick up a few stud DL and OL players!
Fran Farren
"Justice Hog"

Newark, DE

6th person to join the "new THN message boards"

Section 341, Row 8, Seats #15 & #16

"Justice that love gives is a surrender, justice that law gives is a punishment."
-Mohandas Gandhi

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:14 pm

I must say, no adapting on offense or defense. Everything looked the same with a few new people. Spurrier looked confused and actually has the gall to blame Ramsey for being so damned shellshocked after taking all of these hits. What could the man be thinking?

I must agree.... get someone who knows the west coast in there... ball control, working the way down the field, discipline.

Also - Dan - if you are reading this - pay Rhodes 4 mil a year and get that man back for defnese!!!!!!!!!!! Don't you recognize the 4-3 cover 2 nightmare that Mike Nolan ran? We DON'T HAVE THE PERSONNEL to run that type of defense. Rhodes adapted, Lewis adapted - and while Dallas MADE mistakes, the defense didn't CAUSE them - Edwards' style is horrible.

I don't drink much, but I must admit to taking a shot or two tonight before I take a hot bath and read a book to forget. (Don't worry Boss... I'll do the 5th Quarter before I forget ::Grin::)
Rich in Roanoke

----

Re: Spurrier Must Go!

Postby HitDoctor » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:42 pm

Venting Hog wrote:

Now, I'm just looking forward to next year's draft....so the Redskins can pick up a few stud DL and OL players!

Please, they'll take a receiver out of florida and that Leak guy. Snyder will get Sapp because he will still have his grubby hands on the decision making.
it is what it is

+++

Postby NikiH » Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:41 am

Ok I have one exception here. D Russell did cause a fumble. So our defense was not all horrible. And Matt Bowen had a stellar game. I think the problem is defensive consistancy. We cannot kick a*$ one play then let them run for 3. That adds up to touchdowns and field goals.
Whenever I start to get blue, I just breathe!

My favortie line from the Simpsons:

Flanders: "Looks like someone is having a pre-rapture party!"

Homer: "No Flanders, it's a meeting of gay witches for abortion , you wouldn't be interested!"

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:11 am

NikiH wrote:And Matt Bowen had a stellar game. I think the problem is defensive consistancy.

I dunno about stellar... he looked like a schoolgirl when Glenn juked him on the last TD.

Now Roy Williams was stellar. That's how a safety should play in the NFL.

I thought Russell did okay too. Can't expect a pro bowl performance right away but I thought he looked strong on some plays and a little lost on others which is to be expected.
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

Hog

Postby skins75 » Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:33 am

I agree that stellar is too strong of a word for Bowen. Where are the hard jaw breaking hits he was supposed to bring to this defense. The only time he seems to really lay a hit on someone is on our own practice field. I cant remember the last time I showed up to work Monday morning with a voice. I am so tired of screaming at the TV. My girlfriend hides upstairs when the game is on. Didnt we have two weeks to prepare for this game. What the hell adjustments were made? We looked just as bad if not worse than we did against Buffalo. My girlfriend constantly askes me..."Why do you watch the game if its just going to piss you off?"...I am starting to not have an answer to that question.

swine

Postby learnnew » Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:07 pm

I agree Spurrier has to go! He has had his time, his team and his supporting cast. He has shown that he cannot beat the defenses in this league. It's too dangerous to keep him with the team after this season at least for the life of Ramsey!

HTTR
Go Skins! For 10-6 or higher!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:23 pm

skins75 wrote:I am so tired of screaming at the TV. My girlfriend hides upstairs when the game is on. Didnt we have two weeks to prepare for this game. What the hell adjustments were made? We looked just as bad if not worse than we did against Buffalo. My girlfriend constantly askes me..."Why do you watch the game if its just going to piss you off?"...I am starting to not have an answer to that question.

ROTFALMAO

I feel your pain brother. Just remember the answer will always be, 'Because my love for the Redskins is pure and undying, and no owner, coach, player, game or season can ever take that away from me.'

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sean Taylor was one of a kind, may he rest in peace.

sfir

Postby skinsfaninroanoke » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:03 pm

Good answer Boss.

I agree, and this is the point I am making to all the "Impeach Snyder" "Hang Snyder" haters out there. It was the coaches that didn't adjust ONE FRIGGIN BIT. That makes it, IMO, THEIR DAGGONE FAULT.

If Snyder was like Jones and hauled Spurrier in and forced him to change game plans, people would be upset at him for that too.

I felt sorry for the man who spent 880 mil to buy his dream only to watch it turn into a nightmare.
Rich in Roanoke

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Redskins Football