Why the Skins need to take Tyrone Smith

Archive of discussions on NFL Draft 2003, NFL Draft 2004, NFL Draft 2005, NFL Draft 2006, NFL Draft 2007 NFL Draft 2008, NFL Draft 2009 and NFL Draft 2010.
08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:27 pm

I have no problem with taking Locker at 10 but I hope that the fans will be very patient as it is very apparent to all the people that know that he needs at least a year before he will be ready to play - this guy has a lot of upside for the future - again ... not saying that Locker would be a bad pick in the first round but nobody with any QB knwledge is saying that Jake will be able to play the first year - everyone agrees that he has a lot of potential given a year of prep work with a good QB coach

I'm fine with that but I don't think that as much as Mike appears to love this guy he's going to throw him into the mix too soon - at least I hope not

NOW - given that Jake is not able to play for a year, do you still take him at 10 - I think not :wink:

rebuilding will be painful but we have to do it :)

that being said I'm not interested in using the 10 pick on T Smith - we just have too much work to do across the board to do that when it looks like better players are available at that spot
one should always try to look on the bright side ... especially Redskins fans after the past 20 plus years

things will get better .... hopefully soon

Hail to the Redskins

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:39 pm

TCIYM wrote:
Countertrey wrote:
TCIYM wrote:Jake Locker won't be on the board when the #41 pick is on the clock. There is talk of Locker going as high as #12 to Minnesota.
Frankly, I won't be surprised if Jake Locker goes as high as 10... just sayin...

You may very well be onto something there.

This possibilty was being discussed on the LaVar and Dukes show today.

Hog

Postby Red_One43 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:42 pm

SkinsJock wrote:I have no problem with taking Locker at 10 but I hope that the fans will be very patient as it is very apparent to all the people that know that he needs at least a year before he will be ready to play - this guy has a lot of upside for the future - again ... not saying that Locker would be a bad pick in the first round but nobody with any QB knwledge is saying that Jake will be able to play the first year - everyone agrees that he has a lot of potential given a year of prep work with a good QB coach

I'm fine with that but I don't think that as much as Mike appears to love this guy he's going to throw him into the mix too soon - at least I hope not

NOW - given that Jake is not able to play for a year, do you still take him at 10 - I think not :wink:

rebuilding will be painful but we have to do it :)

that being said I'm not interested in using the 10 pick on T Smith - we just have too much work to do across the board to do that when it looks like better players are available at that spot

As complicated as the offense is, I don't think that we will be seeing any rookie QB play this season except in an emergency.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:56 am

I kind of hope that the FO has identified a QB that they think might be able to develop into a really good QB and I'm prepared to wait - I'm not sure that QB is going to be our pick at 10

I just don't see them taking Tyron Smith - we really need to hope that there is a player available that we can use to trade down but if we have to use the pick - I just don't see them picking this OT
one should always try to look on the bright side ... especially Redskins fans after the past 20 plus years

Hail to the Redskins

One Step Away

Re: Why the Skins need to take Tyrone Smith

Postby VetSkinsFan » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:24 pm

1niksder wrote:
VetSkinsFan wrote:They have 3-4 guys who could start on most clubs. We arguably could start 1 (I don't even know that we can count Armstrong as a shoe in for that category since he's just now in his sophomore year). And he's a FA, not even currently under contract.

On 1/5/2010 Armstrong signed a three-year deal, he will be a Restricted Free Agent in 2013

I was talking about his resume of dependability since he was a rook last year.
...any given Sunday....

RIP #21 Sean Taylor. You will be loved and adored by Redskins fans forever!!!!!

GSPODS:
The National Anthem sucks.
What a useless piece of propagandist rhetoric that is.

**LPJ**

Postby langleyparkjoe » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:21 pm

Patience??? Agaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain????

Look dag gone it, I WANT SOMEONE WHO WILL STEP IN AND WIN US A DAG-NABIT SB.. NOW! RIGHT NOW! no football? STILL WIN THE SB!

:lol:
Hog Bowl I Champion (2009)
Hog Bowl II Champion 2010- Cappster
Hog Bowl III Champion 2011- DarthMonk
Hog Bowl IV Champion 2012- Deadskins
Hog Bowl V Champion 2013- DarthMonk

DC Area, I support you.. Unconditionally

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:55 am

I want to win the Super Bowl this year - I also hope that this FO really looks very hard at how to re-build this franchise with a bunch of young players that can start to develop into a good team

we will need to keep some of the current roster but basically we have needs all over the place and the biggest problem is that we have too many older players and we need to start getting younger players on the field - we cannot continue with the thought process that we can be competitive while we rebuild here

This group made some bad decisions both with players and defensive and offensive schemes - let's make the priority that we are building a team - this group seem to be trying to make the priority that we can be competitive while we rebuild
that aint going to get it done

bring in a bunch of young players - let them grow together and help the few great young players that we have, develop into a great team

I think the one good thing that we saw last year is the change in attitude - all teams have that - now we need more young guys that are hungry and looking for an opportunity

the talent evaluators need to do a much better job and bring in young guys that will help make the good players we already have even better

Hail to the Redskins

Return to NFL Draft 2003-2010